Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RiotPunch Mock - Senior Bowlin' Edition w/1st Rnd Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: RiotPunch Mock - Senior Bowlin' Edition w/1st Rnd Mock Reply with quote

RIOT PUNCH MOCK
---Senior Bowlin' Edition---
---Feat. Beth Humphreys---

Not Re-signed / Released / Retired:
Greg Jennings: Franchise Tag-- subsequently traded to Miami.
Donald Driver: Retired
Jeff Saturday: Retired
John Kuhn: Released for savings
Cedric Benson: Not re-signed
Ryan Grant: Not re-signed

Re-signed / Notable Retained:

Evan Dietrich-Smith: Re-signed
Sam Shields: Re-signed
Brad Jones: Re-signed
Tom Crabtree: Re-signed
Charles Woodson: Restructured
Jermichael Finley: Retained

Packers awarded 4th round compensatory selection for Matt Flynn.

***Greg Jennings tagged and traded to Miami in exchange for the 54th selection in the draft.

1. -
Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
2. -
Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
3. -
Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
4. -
Luke Joeckel, LT, Texas A&M
5. -
Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
6. -
Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
7. -
Bjoern Werner, DE/OLB, Florida State
8. -
Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas
9. -
Ziggy Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU
10. -
Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
11. -
Eric Fisher, LT, Central Michigan
12. -
Lane Johnson, LT, Oklahoma
13. -
Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
14. -
Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
15. -
Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
16. -
Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
17. -
Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
18. -
Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
19. -
Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
20. -
Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
21. -
Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
22. -
Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
23. -
Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
24. -
Jonathan Jenkins, NT, Georgia
25. -
Keenan Allen, WR, California

26. -
Datone Jones, DE, UCLA

Absolute physical freak that Capers could move all over the line, but would work best as a pass rushing 5T. Datone dominated in the Senior Bowl and showed that he can do what we so sorely need, get to the passer.
54. -
Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State

Burnett is soon to be a free agent, Woodson is closer to retirement, McMillian is raw and Jennings is just OK... we haven't been the same defense since Collins got hurt. Thomas is a total ballhawk with decent enough speed and good tackling ability. We are at our best when forcing TO's and Thomas helps with that.
56. -
Larry Warford, G, Kentucky

We do this to get more physical at the LOS and to bolster our run game. Warford could be a pro bowler for a lot of years. This bumps Lang to the swing tackle role.
88. -
Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M

A complete back that fits perfectly in our ZBS. Could be a star if he can stay healthy.
120. -
Tavarres King, WR, Georgia

With Jennings gone, we could use some solid depth. King has been a consistent deep threat for the Bulldogs and also does well out of the slot. When you watch him play, he just looks like a TT receiver.
COMP. -
Matt Scott, QB, Arizona

Harrell is terrible and Coleman needs more PS time, so we draft Scott to be our backup/developmental QB.
152. -
Stansly Maponga, OLB, TCU

THis guy is just a natural edge rusher. He falls this far because he is too short to be a DE, but he would work perfect for us as a situational pass rushing OLB. See ya never, Walden.
184. -
Montori Hughes, NT, Tennessee-Martin

Just some more talented beef for the trenches. Hughes has a lot of ability if we can keep him motivated. Good guy to push and backup Raji.
216. -
Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State

Just a depth TE with a lot of potential, in case Finley is gone in a year.
UDFA. -
Zach Brown, K, Portland State

Great kicker who was hurt last year. Bring him in to push and maybe even beat out Crosby in training camp.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How masturbatory....

Anyway, this is a love/hate draft for me. I HATE the first three picks...and Matt Scott(waste of a pick), but the rest of it I love...
incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like Jones, Michael and King, so I mostly approve. Interested to see how Jones tests at the combine. I remember watching some 'tape' of Barr and Joens stuck out to me so I started focusing on him and he impressed.

Think he's got a bright future and wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in the first.
Pick6byWoodson

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one that's never heard of a guy named Christine before?
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the DE in round 1 because of Worthy's expected late return from injury. I even get the safety in round 2. What I don't get is the same mistake so many made last year predicting a tag and trade with Flynn, and my same logic applies with Jennings this year. First of all - the Packers don't have the money to set aside to tag Jennings - price 13 to 14 million. It would prevent Green Bay from putting RFA values on Shields and EDS because they don't have that much money to play with. It would prevent any chance of a good free agent signing, and it would assume a team would trade a high draft pick and pay Jennings franchise money for a guaranteed 1 year of service - and to a player with an injury history. Jennings is good but he isn't that good. I think the mocks with the tag and trade of Jennings just ruins those mock drafts, because it just isn't going to happen.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richardson to the Bears? Sad day for me.
And Patterson to the Vikings? Really sad day.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably a me thing, but I just can't see Jones in a 34. It's just so foreign in my mind, almost anathema.

I'm also not convinced Brass is looking to replace Lang as a starter. Quite the opposite actually.

I'm sick of injured RB.

Hughes has too many non-football issues for my liking.

Otten is one of my favorite TE prospects this year.

Brown is one of the few K I wouldn't mind having. Cannon for a leg, and would definitely fit our locker.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
It's probably a me thing, but I just can't see Jones in a 34. It's just so foreign in my mind, almost anathema.

I'm also not convinced Brass is looking to replace Lang as a starter. Quite the opposite actually.

I'm sick of injured RB.

Hughes has too many non-football issues for my liking.

Otten is one of my favorite TE prospects this year.

Brown is one of the few K I wouldn't mind having. Cannon for a leg, and would definitely fit our locker.

What makes you think Jones can't play 5T? He's got the build and the athleticism to be dominant at that spot, IMO. Plus, his pass rushing arsenal and sheer ability to get to the QB is incredible. He is exactly what we need on that D-Line.

We plain and simple need upgrades on the O-Line. Lang is a good player, but Warford has All-Pro potential. There have been multiple sources reporting that TT has strong interest in Warford, and we sure as hell aren't looking at him as a center prospect. Sitton isn't getting replaced.

Michael is healthy and wowed scouts at the Senior Bowl practices. Ted was watching him like a hawk and his strengths fit what we do and more. I agree, his injury history is a bit troubling, but his talent is undeniable. He could be the best all-around back in this class.

I agree Montori is no angel, far from it... but he is an absolute force. Taking a chance on a guy like that in the 6th is a smart move, especially given our locker room.

I love Otten too. His stock has plummeted hardcore, but I still see a lot of ability and potential.

And yeah, if Brown had been healthy this past year, you would be hearing his name with Hopkins and Sturgis as the best the class has to offer.

Thanks for all the comments, guys!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres my Arizona homer response to the Matt Scott pick:

I like it. He throws the ball better than hes given credit for. Will he be a better back up then Harrell? I think he has the potential to be a lot better. he's a heck of a runner with a ton of toughness (see the USC/AZ game from 2012).

Im all for getting drafting a new back up QB.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Datone Jones really built to play 3-4 DE at the NFL level? I really like the kid, but I'm not totally sold that he's a 3-4 DE. He's stupid athletic for a 280 guy.

Thomas Cool

Warford might actually end up being the best pro G in this class. I have him rated above Jones. Only behind Cooper due to potential, for me.

Starting to warm up to Michael.

King was killing DBs at the Senior Bowl.

Matt Scott Cool

Haven't heard much on Maponga. Didn't he come out early?

Hughes, Otten, Browne are solid.

Question: Has the Matt Scott bandwagon hit Packers forum?

#FREEBARRINGTON
SE500

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's my center?

We can tag Jennings just as easily as New England tagged Welker last year and will again this year if they must. Last year that tag was worth 10.3 million, right? My understanding is that tag will be just a little higher this year. Anytime you atg a player you must have the ability to keep him at that cost for one year. We do, but we wouldn't. We would have no problem moving him for at least and early 3. I think we do get a 2.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:
Where's my center?

#FREEBARRINGTON
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillipraz wrote:
heres my Arizona homer response to the Matt Scott pick:

I like it. He throws the ball better than hes given credit for. Will he be a better back up then Harrell? I think he has the potential to be a lot better. he's a heck of a runner with a ton of toughness (see the USC/AZ game from 2012).

Im all for getting drafting a new back up QB.

We did that last year, his name is BJ Coleman...

I understand that he lit it up against a very overrated USC team and got due recognition for it. I just don't understand why people keep picking him. I don't think he'd be a good fit, or a good use of a pick when we could get someone of his caliber in RFA.
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
I get the DE in round 1 because of Worthy's expected late return from injury. I even get the safety in round 2. What I don't get is the same mistake so many made last year predicting a tag and trade with Flynn, and my same logic applies with Jennings this year. First of all - the Packers don't have the money to set aside to tag Jennings - price 13 to 14 million. It would prevent Green Bay from putting RFA values on Shields and EDS because they don't have that much money to play with. It would prevent any chance of a good free agent signing, and it would assume a team would trade a high draft pick and pay Jennings franchise money for a guaranteed 1 year of service - and to a player with an injury history. Jennings is good but he isn't that good. I think the mocks with the tag and trade of Jennings just ruins those mock drafts, because it just isn't going to happen.

I could see it happening IF TT is able to draw interest from other teams beforehand. Maybe he could contact teams looking for a WR, like Miami or NYJ, and try to work out a deal with them before tagging him, but yeah, that's the only way I see a T&T of Jennings happening, or even tagging him and running that risk, like you said.
packattack86

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Datone Jones but not at 26. Some feel he is better suited for the 4-3 as well. I'd love him in the 2nd. Warford is a guard only, so that doesn't help us at center. The rest are pretty good picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: