Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raji 2012 Somewhat Detailed Stats 1st Four Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SDN40


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Posts: 3767
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mis-information runs rampant.
It was actually Mr. Miyagi, who did that thing where he rubs his hands together and then with a mixture of direct pressure, heat, and palm sweat, repaired the ACL with great success. Worthy was back in church carrying a blue hair to her car despite the icy parking lot conditions.
_________________


Last edited by SDN40 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10398
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
Exactly my point. What tweets? From who and when were they? I mean, if you do a timeline on this, it's gotten progressively worse. Much like a lot of other players had happen to them this year.



After the McGinn story first broke(so after Andrews did the surgery on Worthy's knee) Sitton was on the radio in the GB area(1075) saying he was going to be training with Worthy in FL in the offseason and that he had his knee cleaned out. I forgot who tweeted it, I don't follow many Packers but I'm trying to figure it out. Pretty sure it popped up after the surgery and someone retweeted it because I follow like 10 players on the team only(I honestly don't care that much. You can believe what you want).

But we do need another DL simply because base D is going to be important moving forward. We are spoiled to be able to play nickel as we do now simply because Pickett-Raji are two big guys that can two gap & limit the run game to an extent. I mean, will Pickett sign for 2-3 million less after this contract?


I've said the same thing before. I heard it on Sitton's show as well as a couple other radio interviews, including one with Worthy himself since the surgery. He wasn't sure how much of OTA's he'd miss but was certain he'd be full go before TC started. Unfortunately McGinn has a newspaper article people can read on the web so people are going to take that as gospel because they have a link!
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2Bigby0


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
Exactly my point. What tweets? From who and when were they? I mean, if you do a timeline on this, it's gotten progressively worse. Much like a lot of other players had happen to them this year.



After the McGinn story first broke(so after Andrews did the surgery on Worthy's knee) Sitton was on the radio in the GB area(1075) saying he was going to be training with Worthy in FL in the offseason and that he had his knee cleaned out. I forgot who tweeted it, I don't follow many Packers but I'm trying to figure it out. Pretty sure it popped up after the surgery and someone retweeted it because I follow like 10 players on the team only(I honestly don't care that much. You can believe what you want).

But we do need another DL simply because base D is going to be important moving forward. We are spoiled to be able to play nickel as we do now simply because Pickett-Raji are two big guys that can two gap & limit the run game to an extent. I mean, will Pickett sign for 2-3 million less after this contract?


I've said the same thing before. I heard it on Sitton's show as well as a couple other radio interviews, including one with Worthy himself since the surgery. He wasn't sure how much of OTA's he'd miss but was certain he'd be full go before TC started. Unfortunately McGinn has a newspaper article people can read on the web so people are going to take that as gospel because they have a link!


Spilltray, you told me you had reports and that you didn't want to 'dig them up.'

With the way radio stations are, they have everything on their websites. I looked for the supposed Worthy and Sitton radio interviews and could not find them. Plus, those were certainly conducted before the McGinn article was sent out.

You're full of you know what my man...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10398
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
Exactly my point. What tweets? From who and when were they? I mean, if you do a timeline on this, it's gotten progressively worse. Much like a lot of other players had happen to them this year.



After the McGinn story first broke(so after Andrews did the surgery on Worthy's knee) Sitton was on the radio in the GB area(1075) saying he was going to be training with Worthy in FL in the offseason and that he had his knee cleaned out. I forgot who tweeted it, I don't follow many Packers but I'm trying to figure it out. Pretty sure it popped up after the surgery and someone retweeted it because I follow like 10 players on the team only(I honestly don't care that much. You can believe what you want).

But we do need another DL simply because base D is going to be important moving forward. We are spoiled to be able to play nickel as we do now simply because Pickett-Raji are two big guys that can two gap & limit the run game to an extent. I mean, will Pickett sign for 2-3 million less after this contract?


I've said the same thing before. I heard it on Sitton's show as well as a couple other radio interviews, including one with Worthy himself since the surgery. He wasn't sure how much of OTA's he'd miss but was certain he'd be full go before TC started. Unfortunately McGinn has a newspaper article people can read on the web so people are going to take that as gospel because they have a link!


Spilltray, you told me you had reports and that you didn't want to 'dig them up.'

With the way radio stations are, they have everything on their websites. I looked for the supposed Worthy and Sitton radio interviews and could not find them. Plus, those were certainly conducted before the McGinn article was sent out.

You're full of you know what my man...


National radio stations do but the local 107.5 doesn't do pod casts or anything like that. Yes it was the week before and after the procedure. There were radio reports, tweets, and comments in the season ending press conferences. It wasn't a dedicated story about Worthy in any of the instances so it is a major undertaking to dig them up. Still insist it's there? Go look. http://www.thefan1075.com/ They don't archive anything.

All of it stems from "ACL" and McGinn equating that to a worst case scenario. Fact is, there is no reliable information at all to suggest it was a full reconstruction. Even McGinn doesn't do any more than hint that is possible. There is no claim that it actually was a full reconstruction only hits and citing examples of that type of surgery as a recovery time with no actual information that is what was actually done.

You are the one who is absolutely full of dung. The ONLY one of these injuries that has been discovered to be way worse than initally thought was Jennings. Sherrod and Quarless both were hopes that they could rehab more quickly, but that was ALWAYS in doubt. The Worthy reports of being a bruise are misleading also. They said there was bruising and swelling and they couldn't make a complete diagnosis until the swelling went down. It was never claimed that that was for sure ALL it was, just that they couldn't know more until that situation resolved. That isn't uncommon in joint injuries. Things like Jordy are things like hamstring pulls where they say 4-6 weeks, maybe he can make it back to face team X in 3 weeks and then people going "OMG WHAT HAPPENED?" when it takes 6-7 weeks for him to rehab. It's still pretty much within the timeline, people just ignored the 6 weeks and heard 3 to 4.

You must be unbelievably dense if you haven't noticed McGinn loves to spin worst case scenarios and doom and gloom stories every chance he gets. It's what he does.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2Bigby0


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
Exactly my point. What tweets? From who and when were they? I mean, if you do a timeline on this, it's gotten progressively worse. Much like a lot of other players had happen to them this year.



After the McGinn story first broke(so after Andrews did the surgery on Worthy's knee) Sitton was on the radio in the GB area(1075) saying he was going to be training with Worthy in FL in the offseason and that he had his knee cleaned out. I forgot who tweeted it, I don't follow many Packers but I'm trying to figure it out. Pretty sure it popped up after the surgery and someone retweeted it because I follow like 10 players on the team only(I honestly don't care that much. You can believe what you want).

But we do need another DL simply because base D is going to be important moving forward. We are spoiled to be able to play nickel as we do now simply because Pickett-Raji are two big guys that can two gap & limit the run game to an extent. I mean, will Pickett sign for 2-3 million less after this contract?


I've said the same thing before. I heard it on Sitton's show as well as a couple other radio interviews, including one with Worthy himself since the surgery. He wasn't sure how much of OTA's he'd miss but was certain he'd be full go before TC started. Unfortunately McGinn has a newspaper article people can read on the web so people are going to take that as gospel because they have a link!


Spilltray, you told me you had reports and that you didn't want to 'dig them up.'

With the way radio stations are, they have everything on their websites. I looked for the supposed Worthy and Sitton radio interviews and could not find them. Plus, those were certainly conducted before the McGinn article was sent out.

You're full of you know what my man...


National radio stations do but the local 107.5 doesn't do pod casts or anything like that. Yes it was the week before and after the procedure. There were radio reports, tweets, and comments in the season ending press conferences. It wasn't a dedicated story about Worthy in any of the instances so it is a major undertaking to dig them up. Still insist it's there? Go look. http://www.thefan1075.com/ They don't archive anything.

All of it stems from "ACL" and McGinn equating that to a worst case scenario. Fact is, there is no reliable information at all to suggest it was a full reconstruction. Even McGinn doesn't do any more than hint that is possible. There is no claim that it actually was a full reconstruction only hits and citing examples of that type of surgery as a recovery time with no actual information that is what was actually done.

You are the one who is absolutely full of dung. The ONLY one of these injuries that has been discovered to be way worse than initally thought was Jennings. Sherrod and Quarless both were hopes that they could rehab more quickly, but that was ALWAYS in doubt. The Worthy reports of being a bruise are misleading also. They said there was bruising and swelling and they couldn't make a complete diagnosis until the swelling went down. It was never claimed that that was for sure ALL it was, just that they couldn't know more until that situation resolved. That isn't uncommon in joint injuries. Things like Jordy are things like hamstring pulls where they say 4-6 weeks, maybe he can make it back to face team X in 3 weeks and then people going "OMG WHAT HAPPENED?" when it takes 6-7 weeks for him to rehab. It's still pretty much within the timeline, people just ignored the 6 weeks and heard 3 to 4.

You must be unbelievably dense if you haven't noticed McGinn loves to spin worst case scenarios and doom and gloom stories every chance he gets. It's what he does.


Listen, there is really no need to throw around insults. I'm not dense, in fact I'm far from it.

Did you or did you not tell me that it was reported that Worthy would be 100% ready by day 1 of training camp?...Rhetorical because you said you did.

What makes the information you've heard more credible than McGinn's 'Doom and Gloom' stories? McGinn didn't say that Worthy WOULD be out for the season, he just wrote a story that it's possible.

Where is the information after the procedure stating that this was not a full reconstruction?

Woodson was supposed to miss 4-6 weeks and he missed the rest of the season

Matthews was supposed to be out a couple of weeks, he missed what... 4 or 5 weeks?

Perry's original diagnosis was that he had a 'sprain' and was day to day... He was put on IR

Jennings was a horror story.

I could go on. The fact remains that with injuries, you have to think worst case scenario. If I'm Ted Thompson, I'm heading in to the offseason thinking that Jerel Worthy will not play the 2013 Season, at best he will start the season on the PUP. That would be my thought process given the ridiculous nature injuries have taken on this team. We have yet to get a 'best case scenario' out of a single injury this season.

Also, you've said time and time again that you have these 'reports'. I'm wondering where they are. Or did you completely fabricate the fact that you had to 'dig them up?'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10398
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
[Listen, there is really no need to throw around insults. I'm not dense, in fact I'm far from it.

Did you or did you not tell me that it was reported that Worthy would be 100% ready by day 1 of training camp?...Rhetorical because you said you did.

What makes the information you've heard more credible than McGinn's 'Doom and Gloom' stories? McGinn didn't say that Worthy WOULD be out for the season, he just wrote a story that it's possible.

Where is the information after the procedure stating that this was not a full reconstruction?

Woodson was supposed to miss 4-6 weeks and he missed the rest of the season

Matthews was supposed to be out a couple of weeks, he missed what... 4 or 5 weeks?

Perry's original diagnosis was that he had a 'sprain' and was day to day... He was put on IR

Jennings was a horror story.

I could go on. The fact remains that with injuries, you have to think worst case scenario. If I'm Ted Thompson, I'm heading in to the offseason thinking that Jerel Worthy will not play the 2013 Season, at best he will start the season on the PUP. That would be my thought process given the ridiculous nature injuries have taken on this team. We have yet to get a 'best case scenario' out of a single injury this season.

Also, you've said time and time again that you have these 'reports'. I'm wondering where they are. Or did you completely fabricate the fact that you had to 'dig them up?'


Woodson's 4-6 was the "best case scenario". There was always question on if he even could make it back.

Matthews was 3-4 weeks and ended up being 5, counting the bye.

Perry was already injured and sprained his knee. While rehabbing his knee, he aggravated a previous injury to his wrist that he ended up having surgery on. 2 seperate injuries. Not a bad prognosis on the knee, but something completely different.

There are tweets from multiple people around the time of Worthy's injuries from coaches and teammates. I'm not going to scour through them. It's just not worth it. The clearest stuff came from Sitton's weekly radio show. I said they are out there, not that I knew exactly where to find them.

McGinn wrote a story about the worst case scenarios. No mention that it could be completely minor and nothing to worry about.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dubyajay


Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Posts: 1701
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
Exactly my point. What tweets? From who and when were they? I mean, if you do a timeline on this, it's gotten progressively worse. Much like a lot of other players had happen to them this year.



After the McGinn story first broke(so after Andrews did the surgery on Worthy's knee) Sitton was on the radio in the GB area(1075) saying he was going to be training with Worthy in FL in the offseason and that he had his knee cleaned out. I forgot who tweeted it, I don't follow many Packers but I'm trying to figure it out. Pretty sure it popped up after the surgery and someone retweeted it because I follow like 10 players on the team only(I honestly don't care that much. You can believe what you want).

But we do need another DL simply because base D is going to be important moving forward. We are spoiled to be able to play nickel as we do now simply because Pickett-Raji are two big guys that can two gap & limit the run game to an extent. I mean, will Pickett sign for 2-3 million less after this contract?


I've said the same thing before. I heard it on Sitton's show as well as a couple other radio interviews, including one with Worthy himself since the surgery. He wasn't sure how much of OTA's he'd miss but was certain he'd be full go before TC started. Unfortunately McGinn has a newspaper article people can read on the web so people are going to take that as gospel because they have a link!


Spilltray, you told me you had reports and that you didn't want to 'dig them up.'

With the way radio stations are, they have everything on their websites. I looked for the supposed Worthy and Sitton radio interviews and could not find them. Plus, those were certainly conducted before the McGinn article was sent out.

You're full of you know what my man...


National radio stations do but the local 107.5 doesn't do pod casts or anything like that. Yes it was the week before and after the procedure. There were radio reports, tweets, and comments in the season ending press conferences. It wasn't a dedicated story about Worthy in any of the instances so it is a major undertaking to dig them up. Still insist it's there? Go look. http://www.thefan1075.com/ They don't archive anything.

All of it stems from "ACL" and McGinn equating that to a worst case scenario. Fact is, there is no reliable information at all to suggest it was a full reconstruction. Even McGinn doesn't do any more than hint that is possible. There is no claim that it actually was a full reconstruction only hits and citing examples of that type of surgery as a recovery time with no actual information that is what was actually done.

You are the one who is absolutely full of dung. The ONLY one of these injuries that has been discovered to be way worse than initally thought was Jennings. Sherrod and Quarless both were hopes that they could rehab more quickly, but that was ALWAYS in doubt. The Worthy reports of being a bruise are misleading also. They said there was bruising and swelling and they couldn't make a complete diagnosis until the swelling went down. It was never claimed that that was for sure ALL it was, just that they couldn't know more until that situation resolved. That isn't uncommon in joint injuries. Things like Jordy are things like hamstring pulls where they say 4-6 weeks, maybe he can make it back to face team X in 3 weeks and then people going "OMG WHAT HAPPENED?" when it takes 6-7 weeks for him to rehab. It's still pretty much within the timeline, people just ignored the 6 weeks and heard 3 to 4.

You must be unbelievably dense if you haven't noticed McGinn loves to spin worst case scenarios and doom and gloom stories every chance he gets. It's what he does.


Listen, there is really no need to throw around insults. I'm not dense, in fact I'm far from it.

Did you or did you not tell me that it was reported that Worthy would be 100% ready by day 1 of training camp?...Rhetorical because you said you did.

What makes the information you've heard more credible than McGinn's 'Doom and Gloom' stories? McGinn didn't say that Worthy WOULD be out for the season, he just wrote a story that it's possible.

Where is the information after the procedure stating that this was not a full reconstruction?

Woodson was supposed to miss 4-6 weeks and he missed the rest of the season

Matthews was supposed to be out a couple of weeks, he missed what... 4 or 5 weeks?

Perry's original diagnosis was that he had a 'sprain' and was day to day... He was put on IR

Jennings was a horror story.

I could go on. The fact remains that with injuries, you have to think worst case scenario. If I'm Ted Thompson, I'm heading in to the offseason thinking that Jerel Worthy will not play the 2013 Season, at best he will start the season on the PUP. That would be my thought process given the ridiculous nature injuries have taken on this team. We have yet to get a 'best case scenario' out of a single injury this season.

Also, you've said time and time again that you have these 'reports'. I'm wondering where they are. Or did you completely fabricate the fact that you had to 'dig them up?'


I'll let you know what makes him more credible than McGinn on this issue.

McGinn wrote a piece about Worthy going under the knife and having a full recon on his knee. In said article he said that, and I quote

Quote:
Worthy's hopes to play next season should be helped by the fact that he has never suffered a major injury before. But generally, it takes longer for a 300-pound lineman to come back from an ACL than a smaller player.


He had a knee in high school.

Quite the reporting job he did, yes?

His job is to get hits at a web site in a dying industry. It seems that his fact checking is very suspect. But by all means, keep calling out members who smell something fishy when a hack does what a hack does.

Edit: Here is said article so you don't have to fish for the quote for context, etc.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-worthy-faces-battle-to-return-from-acl-surgery-r98h4ah-188450091.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2Bigby0


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
[Listen, there is really no need to throw around insults. I'm not dense, in fact I'm far from it.

Did you or did you not tell me that it was reported that Worthy would be 100% ready by day 1 of training camp?...Rhetorical because you said you did.

What makes the information you've heard more credible than McGinn's 'Doom and Gloom' stories? McGinn didn't say that Worthy WOULD be out for the season, he just wrote a story that it's possible.

Where is the information after the procedure stating that this was not a full reconstruction?

Woodson was supposed to miss 4-6 weeks and he missed the rest of the season

Matthews was supposed to be out a couple of weeks, he missed what... 4 or 5 weeks?

Perry's original diagnosis was that he had a 'sprain' and was day to day... He was put on IR

Jennings was a horror story.

I could go on. The fact remains that with injuries, you have to think worst case scenario. If I'm Ted Thompson, I'm heading in to the offseason thinking that Jerel Worthy will not play the 2013 Season, at best he will start the season on the PUP. That would be my thought process given the ridiculous nature injuries have taken on this team. We have yet to get a 'best case scenario' out of a single injury this season.

Also, you've said time and time again that you have these 'reports'. I'm wondering where they are. Or did you completely fabricate the fact that you had to 'dig them up?'


Woodson's 4-6 was the "best case scenario". There was always question on if he even could make it back.

Matthews was 3-4 weeks and ended up being 5, counting the bye.

Perry was already injured and sprained his knee. While rehabbing his knee, he aggravated a previous injury to his wrist that he ended up having surgery on. 2 seperate injuries. Not a bad prognosis on the knee, but something completely different.

There are tweets from multiple people around the time of Worthy's injuries from coaches and teammates. I'm not going to scour through them. It's just not worth it. The clearest stuff came from Sitton's weekly radio show. I said they are out there, not that I knew exactly where to find them.

McGinn wrote a story about the worst case scenarios. No mention that it could be completely minor and nothing to worry about.


So... You're saying all the injuries were actually worse than initially reported. That is a fact. Everytime the press or even McCarthy for that matter made a statement in regards to an injury, it was never good news. That's a fact. Over and over again, the injury ended up being far worse than initially reported. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

And the 'reports' that you initially referred to were tweets from Sitton and 'several' other players? Is that correct? These 'reports' are also from a radio show?

So let me get this completely straight... Bob McGinn's article is complete BS because all he writes about is 'Doom and Gloom.' However, the 'reports' you've gotten via 'several' tweets and a blip from a radio show you heard makes you 100% certain that Jerel Worthy will be 100% healthy come day 1 of training camp?

I just wanted to get that straight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
2Bigby0


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
Exactly my point. What tweets? From who and when were they? I mean, if you do a timeline on this, it's gotten progressively worse. Much like a lot of other players had happen to them this year.



After the McGinn story first broke(so after Andrews did the surgery on Worthy's knee) Sitton was on the radio in the GB area(1075) saying he was going to be training with Worthy in FL in the offseason and that he had his knee cleaned out. I forgot who tweeted it, I don't follow many Packers but I'm trying to figure it out. Pretty sure it popped up after the surgery and someone retweeted it because I follow like 10 players on the team only(I honestly don't care that much. You can believe what you want).

But we do need another DL simply because base D is going to be important moving forward. We are spoiled to be able to play nickel as we do now simply because Pickett-Raji are two big guys that can two gap & limit the run game to an extent. I mean, will Pickett sign for 2-3 million less after this contract?


I've said the same thing before. I heard it on Sitton's show as well as a couple other radio interviews, including one with Worthy himself since the surgery. He wasn't sure how much of OTA's he'd miss but was certain he'd be full go before TC started. Unfortunately McGinn has a newspaper article people can read on the web so people are going to take that as gospel because they have a link!


Spilltray, you told me you had reports and that you didn't want to 'dig them up.'

With the way radio stations are, they have everything on their websites. I looked for the supposed Worthy and Sitton radio interviews and could not find them. Plus, those were certainly conducted before the McGinn article was sent out.

You're full of you know what my man...


National radio stations do but the local 107.5 doesn't do pod casts or anything like that. Yes it was the week before and after the procedure. There were radio reports, tweets, and comments in the season ending press conferences. It wasn't a dedicated story about Worthy in any of the instances so it is a major undertaking to dig them up. Still insist it's there? Go look. http://www.thefan1075.com/ They don't archive anything.

All of it stems from "ACL" and McGinn equating that to a worst case scenario. Fact is, there is no reliable information at all to suggest it was a full reconstruction. Even McGinn doesn't do any more than hint that is possible. There is no claim that it actually was a full reconstruction only hits and citing examples of that type of surgery as a recovery time with no actual information that is what was actually done.

You are the one who is absolutely full of dung. The ONLY one of these injuries that has been discovered to be way worse than initally thought was Jennings. Sherrod and Quarless both were hopes that they could rehab more quickly, but that was ALWAYS in doubt. The Worthy reports of being a bruise are misleading also. They said there was bruising and swelling and they couldn't make a complete diagnosis until the swelling went down. It was never claimed that that was for sure ALL it was, just that they couldn't know more until that situation resolved. That isn't uncommon in joint injuries. Things like Jordy are things like hamstring pulls where they say 4-6 weeks, maybe he can make it back to face team X in 3 weeks and then people going "OMG WHAT HAPPENED?" when it takes 6-7 weeks for him to rehab. It's still pretty much within the timeline, people just ignored the 6 weeks and heard 3 to 4.

You must be unbelievably dense if you haven't noticed McGinn loves to spin worst case scenarios and doom and gloom stories every chance he gets. It's what he does.


Listen, there is really no need to throw around insults. I'm not dense, in fact I'm far from it.

Did you or did you not tell me that it was reported that Worthy would be 100% ready by day 1 of training camp?...Rhetorical because you said you did.

What makes the information you've heard more credible than McGinn's 'Doom and Gloom' stories? McGinn didn't say that Worthy WOULD be out for the season, he just wrote a story that it's possible.

Where is the information after the procedure stating that this was not a full reconstruction?

Woodson was supposed to miss 4-6 weeks and he missed the rest of the season

Matthews was supposed to be out a couple of weeks, he missed what... 4 or 5 weeks?

Perry's original diagnosis was that he had a 'sprain' and was day to day... He was put on IR

Jennings was a horror story.

I could go on. The fact remains that with injuries, you have to think worst case scenario. If I'm Ted Thompson, I'm heading in to the offseason thinking that Jerel Worthy will not play the 2013 Season, at best he will start the season on the PUP. That would be my thought process given the ridiculous nature injuries have taken on this team. We have yet to get a 'best case scenario' out of a single injury this season.

Also, you've said time and time again that you have these 'reports'. I'm wondering where they are. Or did you completely fabricate the fact that you had to 'dig them up?'


I'll let you know what makes him more credible than McGinn on this issue.

McGinn wrote a piece about Worthy going under the knife and having a full recon on his knee. In said article he said that, and I quote

Quote:
Worthy's hopes to play next season should be helped by the fact that he has never suffered a major injury before. But generally, it takes longer for a 300-pound lineman to come back from an ACL than a smaller player.


He had a knee in high school.

Quite the reporting job he did, yes?

His job is to get hits at a web site in a dying industry. It seems that his fact checking is very suspect. But by all means, keep calling out members who smell something fishy when a hack does what a hack does.

Edit: Here is said article so you don't have to fish for the quote for context, etc.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-worthy-faces-battle-to-return-from-acl-surgery-r98h4ah-188450091.html


Who is to say I believe McGinn. I think speculating on how long Worthy will be out and predicting his return is complete crap.

I think McGinn is purely being speculative. He didn't say that Worthy would indeed be out for the entire season. He is saying that it's possible. It certainly is possible.

This entire debate is built around spilltray telling me that there are 'several reports' indicating that Jerel Worthy will be 100% healthy by the first day of training camp. I'm doing the same thing. I smell something fishy because spilltray is trying to make his opinion a fact with nothing to support it.

That's my argument here. I've never once said that Worthy will be done for the season or that I even believe McGinn for that matter. I don't like crap and I know when I smell it. Everything spilltray had blurted out has been crap.

Come one... Every injury on this team this past year was 'doom and gloom.' We didn't catch a single break with the injury bug. Everything ended up being worse that the initial report. That's also part of my argument. Nothing with the Packers initial reporting of injuries ends up being the case... His initial report was a knee bruise and it ends up being an ACL. Think about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10398
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2Bigby0 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
2Bigby0 wrote:
[Listen, there is really no need to throw around insults. I'm not dense, in fact I'm far from it.

Did you or did you not tell me that it was reported that Worthy would be 100% ready by day 1 of training camp?...Rhetorical because you said you did.

What makes the information you've heard more credible than McGinn's 'Doom and Gloom' stories? McGinn didn't say that Worthy WOULD be out for the season, he just wrote a story that it's possible.

Where is the information after the procedure stating that this was not a full reconstruction?

Woodson was supposed to miss 4-6 weeks and he missed the rest of the season

Matthews was supposed to be out a couple of weeks, he missed what... 4 or 5 weeks?

Perry's original diagnosis was that he had a 'sprain' and was day to day... He was put on IR

Jennings was a horror story.

I could go on. The fact remains that with injuries, you have to think worst case scenario. If I'm Ted Thompson, I'm heading in to the offseason thinking that Jerel Worthy will not play the 2013 Season, at best he will start the season on the PUP. That would be my thought process given the ridiculous nature injuries have taken on this team. We have yet to get a 'best case scenario' out of a single injury this season.

Also, you've said time and time again that you have these 'reports'. I'm wondering where they are. Or did you completely fabricate the fact that you had to 'dig them up?'


Woodson's 4-6 was the "best case scenario". There was always question on if he even could make it back.

Matthews was 3-4 weeks and ended up being 5, counting the bye.

Perry was already injured and sprained his knee. While rehabbing his knee, he aggravated a previous injury to his wrist that he ended up having surgery on. 2 seperate injuries. Not a bad prognosis on the knee, but something completely different.

There are tweets from multiple people around the time of Worthy's injuries from coaches and teammates. I'm not going to scour through them. It's just not worth it. The clearest stuff came from Sitton's weekly radio show. I said they are out there, not that I knew exactly where to find them.

McGinn wrote a story about the worst case scenarios. No mention that it could be completely minor and nothing to worry about.


So... You're saying all the injuries were actually worse than initially reported. That is a fact. Everytime the press or even McCarthy for that matter made a statement in regards to an injury, it was never good news. That's a fact. Over and over again, the injury ended up being far worse than initially reported. If you can't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

And the 'reports' that you initially referred to were tweets from Sitton and 'several' other players? Is that correct? These 'reports' are also from a radio show?

So let me get this completely straight... Bob McGinn's article is complete BS because all he writes about is 'Doom and Gloom.' However, the 'reports' you've gotten via 'several' tweets and a blip from a radio show you heard makes you 100% certain that Jerel Worthy will be 100% healthy come day 1 of training camp?

I just wanted to get that straight.


No I'm saying that when players are injured, people only focus on the short end of the availability window and then are miffed if the recovery ends up being the back end. The team will make a press release saying player X is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with an injury. McCarthy will say in his press conference that the time table is 4 weeks but he's hoping things go well enough for 3. People ignore that the original prognosis said 4-6 weeks and expect there to be no problem getting the player back in 3. It's not a problem with the way the injuries were actually reported, it's a problem with the way people listen to the reports.

It's not a "radio blip" It's a 1 hour radio show that I go see live almost every week. The week before the surgery, Worthy was on the show. They asked him about it. He said he was having a minor procedure to clean things up. The week after, Sitton was asked about it and said the 2 of them are training together in Florida this offseason. In both instances they said he is expecting to be fully ready to go before the start of training camp. None of this "we don't know if he'll be available for 2013" balloney.

The only injury that was worse than the initial report was Jennings. Every single other one still fell right within the initial timelines, just at the back end instead of the front end. The Worthy injury was NEVER reported as being only a knee bruise. It was reported as being at LEAST a knee bruise. At the time they said they couldn't see anything on the MRI and wouldn't be able to until the swelling went down. They never claimed it was ONLY a bruised knee, just that it was AT LEAST a bruised knee.

Again how they report the injuries isn't the problem. They've been pretty accurate. How people read the injuries and expect everyone to make quick returns is the issue.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2Bigby0


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way... If you think the initial reports compared to what actually was the case, you are really far off and that's just a fact.

It was the case with Greg Jennings as we already know.

Sam Shields injury was misdiagnosed

Heck, they put Benson on the IR with the exception to return... What a terrible miscalculation that was.

Wood's injury, people were saying he'd be at the short end of 4-6 weeks. It ended up being longer. I don't know where you are getting the rest of season in doubt talk.

Jordy Nelson was obviously brought back too soon.

Davon House had to have surgery after the season! That was certainly misdiagnosed... He ended up being inactive for a number of games.

MM said and I quote in the presser after the Cardinals game, 'Matthews is going to miss a few weeks.' That ended up being a grand total of 5 weeks.

The fact remains that the Packers medical staff has really struggled in the diagnosis of injuries. Jennings wasn't the only person that was misdiagnosed...

Heck, even Perry's was initially misdiagnosed. That's a fact. His injury was 'deemed' healed. Then he hurt his wrist, then he was done for the season. You don't find anything 'fishy' about this?

As for believing what the Players say... They're always going to be aggressively optimistic of their chances. spilltray, you are criticizing McGinn's 'BS' article, yet you attempted to fill me with complete crap. You cited multiple reports and that the Packers themselves came out and made a 'statement' in regards to the injury of Worthy. Your multiple 'reports' and 'statement' ended up being nothing more than a couple tweets from players and a live radio broadcast that you attended live. What makes your information any more credible than Bob McGinn?

You keep saying that everything is reported correctly and the only player that was misdiagnosed was Greg Jennings... Actually, everything you say is pretty much inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31135
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy > McGinn

/thread (or side topic actually)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
2Bigby0


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a report from js about Shields' injury. You obviously cannot keep track of what happened on the injury front for the Packers

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/180415261.html


I remember MM becoming extremely frustrated with the injury talk simply because he would be given information from the training department, he would release it to the press and then it would be inaccurate. It continuously happened all season.

I'm not saying that Worthy won't be ready for the season, I'm saying that if you're going to start throwing out bold predictions, you should have some credible information to back it up spilltray. The garbage you tried to spill at me was a joke.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10398
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benson was a hope. Lisfranc injuries have a very lose time to return. It was iffy on if he'd even be able to return this season and they took that gamble. That wasn't misreporting, that was a flier on a hope that didn't work out.

With Woodson, the media spun that 4-6 weeks. The initial report was 4-8 weeks. The reporters are the one who took McCarthy's comments that he HOPED it would be on the shorter end of that as gospel.

Nelson and Shields, hamstring injuries are tricky to estimate. There is the general rule of thumb, but reaggravating them is very common for every team. (Edit: Meant to say Hamstring injuries and high ankle sprains. Fact is, Shields was practicing and running full speed before they sat him down again. That's not bad diagnosis, that's just normal rehab setbacks for that type of injury.)

House wasn't misdiagnosed, he just played hurt. Lots of players have injuries they are able to put off and postpone surgery until after the season.

Again, Matthews was a hamstring injury. Very touchy and you have to just see how it goes. He made an attempt to go after 2 weeks and had a minor setback so they just shut him down until after the bye to not risk it getting worse.

None of these was initially diagnosed. Even Perry. His wrist injury was never "healed". He was playing with a damn cast on that wrist. He re-injured it while recovering from the knee sprain and they decided it was best to shut him down and have the surgery now. That's not misdiagnosed.

It's in the tweets, it's in the end of season press conference, and it has been in radio interviews. McGinn is taking a tweet from one of the National NFL guys (I think Schefter?) that said "Worthy had ACL surgery" and spun that into an article about full ACL reconstruction. The very same tweet also refered to Worthy as the Packers 1st round pick. There is no single other source claiming his surgery was anything more than a minor procedure. Nothing. Even McGinns article is playing all on bad examples of "ACL surgery". There are plenty of players every year that have minor procedures on their knee in the post season and don't even miss OTAs. This sort of surgery is much more likely than they kind of picture McGinn paints.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
2Bigby0


Joined: 02 Mar 2008
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Benson was a hope. Lisfranc injuries have a very lose time to return. It was iffy on if he'd even be able to return this season and they took that gamble. That wasn't misreporting, that was a flier on a hope that didn't work out.

With Woodson, the media spun that 4-6 weeks. The initial report was 4-8 weeks. The reporters are the one who took McCarthy's comments that he HOPED it would be on the shorter end of that as gospel.

Nelson and Shields, hamstring injuries are tricky to estimate. There is the general rule of thumb, but reaggravating them is very common for every team.

House wasn't misdiagnosed, he just played hurt. Lots of players have injuries they are able to put off and postpone surgery until after the season.

Again, Matthews was a hamstring injury. Very touchy and you have to just see how it goes. He made an attempt to go after 2 weeks and had a minor setback so they just shut him down until after the bye to not risk it getting worse.

None of these was initially diagnosed. Even Perry. His wrist injury was never "healed". He was playing with a damn cast on that wrist. He re-injured it while recovering from the knee sprain and they decided it was best to shut him down and have the surgery now. That's not misdiagnosed.

It's in the tweets, it's in the end of season press conference, and it has been in radio interviews. McGinn is taking a tweet from one of the National NFL guys (I think Schefter?) that said "Worthy had ACL surgery" and spun that into an article about full ACL reconstruction. The very same tweet also refered to Worthy as the Packers 1st round pick. There is no single other source claiming his surgery was anything more than a minor procedure. Nothing. Even McGinns article is playing all on bad examples of "ACL surgery". There are plenty of players every year that have minor procedures on their knee in the post season and don't even miss OTAs. This sort of surgery is much more likely than they kind of picture McGinn paints.


You are actually wrong on every single one of these. Your consistent pokes at tweets as 'credible' information makes me laugh. You need to learn and read my friend.

Benson was MISDIAGNOSED! MM said himself that Benson would be returning. He said it at a press conference. That's why they put the designation to return on him. Because they didn't think it was lisfranc. You're wrong.

http://www.totalpackers.com/2012/11/29/cedric-bensons-season-is-over/

Shields was misdiagnosed as was Perry. Both injuries were initially reported as not 'severe.' Perry had to have a 2nd opinion on his wrist from an independent source. Get your facts correct. Here is the link from the Shields injury. Again, you are wrong.

http://www.espnmilwaukee.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=15441

You've already said Jennings and House were misdiagnosed and you can add these guys to the list too. It's a recurring thing. If you can't get it through your head, I just don't know what to tell you. The facts are right here for you, but I'm sure you have some 'tweets' that are far more credible.

Here is the link for Perry's second opinion. Sorry spilltray, you are really wrong if you think the Packers are good at initially reporting injuries correctly like you are alluding to.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/07/report-nick-perry-has-surgery-on-wrist/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group