Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raji 2012 Somewhat Detailed Stats 1st Four Games
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kampman74

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Raji 2012 Somewhat Detailed Stats 1st Four Games Reply with quote

Alright, I finally did something!!! After all of my talk, I got started on Raji's 2012 somewhat detailed stats. I mean it could always be more detailed. I want to thank all of you guys that helped me out in the TAPT thread of trying to get this loaded. I hope this starts good debate.

I wanted to do something like this after always seeing RS post his corner metrics, and Justo doing mixed tapes, that kind of thing. Another thing that made me want to do this is seeing people say that Raji is not playing well, and wanting to find out if he is.
Also bear with me, I am not a scout or a coach, but I tried my best. If you guys have any recommendations, or any changes additions, or subtractions, just let me know!!

Only had negative plays 12 percent of the time.

Anyways, what I learned from doing my research, is Raji is a beast that commands a double or a triple team a lot. He is tough to run against and allows the linebackers behind to wreak havoc. Can't ask for much more from the big guy. Anyways, post comments and I will try to get the next quarter up sometime soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome stats! Thanks for the insight. My Raji jersey so far is 15-2.
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rajis definitely a good player, but I may be in the minority for saying this but I think Pickett would be a better nose. Hes a clear better run stuffer and seems to do just as much taking blocks. The one year Pickett was our starting nose we had the number 1 run defense. Heck our best run defense performance was against HOU when Pickett was our nose!
justo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work! Raji is going to pad the hell out of those numbers when you run the film from week 17 and WC vs the Vikings Laughing Really a shame Raji could buy a sack at the end of the year, had his hand on the QB a lot just couldn't close the deal. He was really close to end of 2010 Raji and that's not good news for other teams.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
blankman0021

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornOnDaCobb wrote:
Rajis definitely a good player, but I may be in the minority for saying this but I think Pickett would be a better nose. Hes a clear better run stuffer and seems to do just as much taking blocks. The one year Pickett was our starting nose we had the number 1 run defense. Heck our best run defense performance was against HOU when Pickett was our nose!

I'm with you on that one. Just seems to be a more natural NT. Not that Raji is a better DE than NT, and I think that's why he's still at NT.

Anyways, my question to Kamp:

Out of the plays Raji was double or triple teamed, how many times did SOMEBODY ELSE get to the QB. I have a hard time thinking that if Raji is getting doubled most of the time, and Clay is getting doubled and tripled most of the time, that our other 2 rushers cant get to the QB. What gives?

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Kampman74

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:

I'm with you on that one. Just seems to be a more natural NT. Not that Raji is a better DE than NT, and I think that's why he's still at NT.

Anyways, my question to Kamp:

Out of the plays Raji was double or triple teamed, how many times did SOMEBODY ELSE get to the QB. I have a hard time thinking that if Raji is getting doubled most of the time, and Clay is getting doubled and tripled most of the time, that our other 2 rushers cant get to the QB. What gives?

Good question. One weird thing I remember from the first San Fran game, is it seemed like everytime Pickett was on the field with Wilson (sometimes no Wilson) San Fran would throw it, and when Perry and Worthy were on teh line and no Pickett/Wilson it seemed like it was a run play. San Fran was just picking the play bay looking at the D personal on the field, and really hurting us that way. We did get a ton of sacks this year. sixth most in the NFL, I think, but I will keep an eye of what happens with CM3 and the other pass rush on Raji double teams.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work man. I remember when you first came to this site, this was not you. This place has really turned you into a learned individual.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornOnDaCobb wrote:

I actually noticed that too. My only concern with Pickett is age. 2011 was a HORRIBLE year for him, but he stepped up and played much better last year. I'm hoping we can find a suitable NT in this year's draft who can work inside and out at least from the get-go like Raji did.

I'm in the minority with this one as well, but I think some people really need to get over the 2010 defense. There are several players from that defense that are still with the team but certainly not playing up to the same level they once were.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
Good work man. I remember when you first came to this site, this was not you. This place has really turned you into a learned individual.
:Looks at his join date: :Looks at your join date: :Looks at his join date again: :Looks at your join date: :Looks at his join date: Yeah, I am missing something.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:
:Looks at his join date: :Looks at your join date: :Looks at his join date again: :Looks at your join date: :Looks at his join date: Yeah, I am missing something.

I joined under Dubyajay87 in 05. Forgot pw, etc.
Kampman74

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:

Hey thanks for the kind words. Yeah FF's really the only place to go for good football talk. ESPN is a bad joke that only covers huge market teams, NFLN instead of being for the hardcore football fans, tries to be like ESPN's shy kid brother. And of course all of the local radio stuff follows like them too. I heard siruis is good but for stuff that you actually want to talk about its on here!! So I figured I should show that I learned a thing or two on here over after six years, heck listening to Palmy talk ups ones football IQ right there!!
Laughing Laughing
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work man. How long did it take you?

I was hard on Raji last year but he bounced back in 2012 to have a good season. Pickett is more stout than Raji is and I do like it when they move these guys around showing a 40 front with Pickett at 1 tech and Raji at 3 tech. If you're going to do more of these, it would be interesting to see where he lines up most of the time.

Dubyajay wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

I want to make a new name but I don't want to give up my Halloween join date...Laughing

Sig brought to you by Justo
Kampman74

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
Nice work man. How long did it take you?

I was hard on Raji last year but he bounced back in 2012 to have a good season. Pickett is more stout than Raji is and I do like it when they move these guys around showing a 40 front with Pickett at 1 tech and Raji at 3 tech. If you're going to do more of these, it would be interesting to see where he lines up most of the time.

Thank you. I watched each game on NFL rewind. I watched each Raji play about three times to make sure it was what it was. If something was close I would rewatch it a couple more times. The losses are really tough to rewatch. Laughing I will try to include somehow where he lines up at in the next couple.

Like I was saying before if Teams see Pickett/Hawk/Wilson in the front seven they were throwing it and if they were seeing Worth/Perry they were running it. Not all the time of course, but it sucks that you put certain people on the field and a team knows how to take them right out of a game. Maybe something to pay attention to for the draft getting a three down MLB and/or another 3 down dlineman.

Also I am by means an expert, I was just inspired to try to do a project. The dline would probaly be the easiest as they are easy to see on every play and what they are trying to do. I thought oline would be easy, but it is kind of tough to see what each one is doing on each play.

I guess it will probably be easy to say if it was just him and Pickett on the dline or go with a three man line with Wilson. Mention if it is any other player. I could do that.
packerfanman4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dubyajay wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Dubyajay wrote:

Plus a lot of people lurk around this site before actually joining. I joined in February of '07 (WOW) but read stuff on this site for almost a year before creating a username.

Good work. DL can be so hard to get a read on sometimes.

Thrillhouse wrote:
Scarlett's my top babe. She's like, Aaron Rodgers' tier. If mortals were worthy of Aaron's affections, that is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: