Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Give Me Your Top 10
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger murdock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Give Me Your Top 10 Reply with quote

Who are your top 10 favorite players you would want high in the draft - for us. Not your top 10 prospects in general, but top 10 specific for our roster. Bonus points for people who explain why.

Mine:

1. Bjoern Werner - Relentless, productive, extremely athletic, great size, great tape. I see no problems with him as a 3-4 linebacker. I think hes the best prospect in the draft for both 3-4 and 4-3 defenses.

2. Star Lotulelei - Absolute beast in both the run and pass game. I think a DL of Star/Rubin/Taylor would be amazing against the run and pass and probably the best 3-4 front in the NFL immediately, with maybe the best 3-4 backup front as well.

3. Dee Milliner - Excellent size, skill, and production. I think he fits our biggest immediate need and I also think we need another CB who can tackle besides Haden.

4. Jarvis Jones - I think hes definitely a top 5 pick in terms of talent and skill set and I'm not a doctor so I won't pretend to act knowledgeable when it comes to his neck issue. If it gets flagged by people who know what they are talking about (nobody on here) then I will re-evaluate, but theres no point in dropping him on something that might not be a real issue.

5. Geno Smith - I'm not sold on him, but I think hes really talented and could be a very good player at the most important position. I share the same unenthusiastic and unimpressed view of Weeden that I think our front office and coaching staff have.

6. Alec Ogletree - I think he is an ideal 3-4 ILB who can move outside on passing downs. He has jumped off the screen to me every time I have watched Georgia the least few years. Incredible athlete that we've lacked in the LB core forever.

7. Chance Warmack - An earthmover, makes T Rich much more valuable. My favorite OL prospect since Joe Thomas.

8. Barkevious Mingo - His athletic ability makes me drool and I think his tape is significantly better than his numbers make him look.

9. DaMontre Moore - Incredible production and plays smart and disciplined but I worry about his size and athleticism.

10. Eric Reid - Huge fan of his - think hes great vs run and pass. I think he fits in perfectly next to Ward and our defense would finally stop giving up all the big plays.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Damontre Moore: A specimen at 4-3 de, but can certainly stand up as well. Not the highest ceiling prospect, but the closest thing to a safe pick pass rush wise.

2. Dee Milliner: An overall solid corner. Hits an area of need and is excellent in man. He'll be tested early, but I think he holds up.

3. Ezekiel Ansah: I love this prospect more and more each week. Watch the senior bowl, watch highlights, watch anything you can on this dude. Boom or Bust pick right here.

4. Dion Jordan: Very athletic OLB/DE that could hold his own in coverage across from Sheard.

5. Jarvis Jones: The spine stuff is scary, but you can't deny Jones' physical presence. If it wasn't for his half-assing on run downs, he'd be #2.

6. Star Loutelei: I really only want him if we trade some of our upfront personnel, otherwise we've got too many needs to make this pick.

7. Barkevious Mingo: Mingo's got a lot of learning to do. Pretty disappointed with his season.

8. Bjoern Werner: Much better suited to play 4-3 LDE. Him and Sheard wouldn't really diversify our pass rush at all, but I could see this as a plausible pick.

9. Chance Warmack: The bama connection makes this pick so much easier. I'd only want him in a trade back, but wow. Seems pretty safe even after the Decastro fiasco.

10. Baccari Rambo: Not that I want Rambo at six, but we were meant to be. Rambo in the third is my fantasy. That and I honestly can't think of anyone else I'd like the Browns to grab in round 1. Pairing Rambo and Ward would be such a badass secondary that it's hard for me to even type this while I froth at the mouth with excitement. Rambo.

Adopt-a-Brown: Joe Haden
Stats: 1 big fat pay day
pnies20

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Star
2. Dee
3. D. Moore
4. Cordarelle Patterson
5. Jonathan Banks
6. Chance Warmack
7. Alec Ogletree
8. Bjoern Werner
9. Ezekiel Ansah
10. Keenan Allen

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
big poppa pump

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. D. Moore
2. D Millner
3. S Lotuleilei
4. M Teo
5. C Warmack
6. D Jordan
7. B Mingo
8. B Werner
9. J Jones
10. A Ogletree

BIG UPS TO REG....DA MAN
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore
Star
Milliner
Jordan/Werner
Mingo
Allen

That's all I got

Anyone else would shock/upset me

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Re: Give Me Your Top 10 Reply with quote

1. Star Lotulelei - the best 3-4 front in the NFL, with incredible depth.

2. Dee Milliner - biggest need on the team

3. Jarvis Jones - top 5 pick in terms of talent and skill... if the docs clear him

3. Barkevious Mingo - top athletically gifted OLB prospect in the draft.

3. DaMontre Moore - looks complete and had great production

3. Dion Jordan - again very athletically gifted

thats all I have unless there is a trade down....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play along...but only need to do 6....not a top ten Very Happy

1. Deion Jordon - Most perfect FIT for a multi front D, as he can rush the passer, is solid in the run game and can drop and cover a TE or Back 1 on 1..Can play end or OLB in a 4-3, can play OLB or ILB in a 3-4, and can drop out in the slot out of either front....

2. Star Louitelli - Most versitile D-lineman in the draft

3. Dee Millner - Best all around CB in the draft

4. Dontrell Moore - versitile edge player, who is better vs the run than Jordan, but not nearly as adept at droping into coverage

5. Eziekel Ansah - Hottest name in the draft right now...Jason Pier Paul or Mike Mamulah?

6. Trade down.....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going with six as well (my draft knowledge just isnt that deep yet)...
1. Damontre Moore
2. Jarvis Jones - The spine stuff doesnt worry me as much, mainly because of the second part of this article: http://www.austinchronicle.com/blogs/sports/2013-01-23/the-nfl-beat-spinal-stenosis/... if he's picked at 6, I'll assume a battery of Browns doctors examined him and gave him the thumbs up
3. Dee Milliner
4. Bjoern Werner
5. Alec Ogletree
6. Dion Jordan
abbs1988

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BwickBrownie wrote:
1. Damontre Moore
2. Jarvis Jones - The spine stuff doesnt worry me as much, mainly because of the second part of this article: http://www.austinchronicle.com/blogs/sports/2013-01-23/the-nfl-beat-spinal-stenosis/... if he's picked at 6, I'll assume a battery of Browns doctors examined him and gave him the thumbs up
3. Dee Milliner
4. Bjoern Werner
5. Alec Ogletree
6. Dion Jordan

You would draft him at 6?

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Star
2 Moore
3 Werner
4 Mingo
5 Ansah
6 Okafer
7 Milliner
8 Rhodes
9 Te'o
10 Ogletree

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
abbs1988

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush LB's
1. Jarvis Jones
2. Damontre Moore
3. Bjoern Werner
4. Dion Jordan(trade down)

D-linemen
1. Star Lotulelei
2. Datone Jones(trade down)

Secondary
1. Matt Elam(trade down)
2. Xavier Rhodes(trade down)
3. Tony Jefferson(trade way down)

O-Line
1. Chance Warmack(trade down)

LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, KINDNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITHFULNESS, AND SELF-CONTROL
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
abbs1988

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
1 Star
2 Moore
3 Werner
4 Mingo
5 Ansah
6 Okafer
7 Milliner
8 Rhodes
9 Te'o
10 Ogletree

What position would you put him at in a 3-4?

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
I want wiggins
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

abbs1988 wrote:
BwickBrownie wrote:
1. Damontre Moore
3. Dee Milliner
4. Bjoern Werner
5. Alec Ogletree
6. Dion Jordan

You would draft him at 6?

No... I just really like his athleticism and ILB play, so with him and Jordan I would probably prefer them in the event we trade down. I'm assuming of my top four, one of those guys will be there when we pick at 6.
DaWg_LB.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One name I dont get peoples fascination with is the kid from FSU....I've watched him play for 2 seasons....and I dont seem him playing olb in a 3-4, he reminds me of an Chris Kelsey/Arron Kampman type...and those are GOOD NFL players....but neither one would be worthy of a pick at 6 and neither could play OLB....

Second Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
BwickBrownie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaWg_LB. wrote:
One name I dont get peoples fascination with is the kid from FSU....I've watched him play for 2 seasons....and I dont seem him playing olb in a 3-4, he reminds me of an Chris Kelsey/Arron Kampman type...and those are GOOD NFL players....but neither one would be worthy of a pick at 6 and neither could play OLB....

He's a large, angry German.... what more could you want for your defense? If the Browns draft him, I'm coining the nickname "Blitzkrieg Back" for him (you heard it hear first, folks).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: