Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steelers43

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Jarvis Jones Reply with quote

Walter's Football have him falling to us at 17. What do you guys think about him if he were to be there at 17

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2013_1.php

" The dead know only one thing... It's better to be ALIVE"

"Your Coach is a Cheater, Your Super Bowls are lies, you back-up at Michigan"(Tom Brady) stated by Tosh O
Steelers22

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only 3-4 olb that I really love. Would even consider moving up for him if it was reasonable (we have a lot of holes though so it may not be worth it) Guy is relentless and extremely talented. This would be the ideal situation for the steelers in my opinion

props to dawg24
Jack Hambert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he checks out medically then how do we pass on him ? He steps right in and fills our biggest need. I also love Lacy in the second .
BigBiss

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im just not sure how long he will play
popie70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my two concerns yould be:

1) obviously the stenosis but if the Steelers take him than I trust the medial staff's evaluation anf that it isn't a huge concern.

2) He seems a little lighter than the OLB that we normally have so I wonder if that would cause any problems
grubs10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Hambert wrote:
If he checks out medically then how do we pass on him ? He steps right in and fills our biggest need. I also love Lacy in the second .
If he checks out medically he won't make it to 17.

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
Jack Hambert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well each team have different doctors .So getting a positive prognosis from the Steelers doesn't mean a team in the top ten will be as comfortable with the risk of his stenosis . That is the main concern that each team will weigh . Read me ?
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the guys on CBS.com has him mocked to the Steelers as well. I would definitely like it. He is a very athletic player who can rush and cover. Like it's been mentioned though the biggest concern is his medical condition.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Hambert wrote:

Same here. Rhodes who went right after that wouldn't be bad either.

I don't like his third pick of a short WR not with safeties Jefferson and McDonald still on the board. Also give me WR Hamilton or LB Thomas in the fourth round instead.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
popie70

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Jack Hambert wrote:

Same here. Rhodes who went right after that wouldn't be bad either.

I don't like his third pick of a short WR not with safeties Jefferson and McDonald still on the board. Also give me WR Hamilton or LB Thomas in the fourth round instead.

I was high on Thomas until the Senior bowl. He looked very stiff in the hips and in coverage. I would still like him but I am not as eager to spend a 2nd/3rd on him now
grubs10

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Hambert wrote:
Well each team have different doctors .So getting a positive prognosis from the Steelers doesn't mean a team in the top ten will be as comfortable with the risk of his stenosis . That is the main concern that each team will weigh . Read me ?
Ya I understand that but the Steelers are normally pretty risk averse so if the teams ahead of us (the saints at 15 for example who are switching to the 34 and need olbs) don't think he is worth the risk I highly doubt the Steelers will.

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
jebrick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have said in another thread...He is top 10 talent. If he falls to the Steelers there is really something scaring other teams and the Steelers will not take that risk. So if he does fall to the Steelers he will keep falling into the 2nd 3rd or 4th round. Otherwise he will go top 10.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
3rivers

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keep 92 but if jones falls to 17 then that is good as well. Trade worilds then. If jones has these medical issues, then pass. If it was a 3rd round pick (like many of our 3rd round picks), why not take the chancem but not a first. Wait, our firsts don't get to see the field much either Crying or Very sad
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rivers wrote:
keep 92 but if jones falls to 17 then that is good as well. Trade worilds then. If jones has these medical issues, then pass. If it was a 3rd round pick (like many of our 3rd round picks), why not take the chancem but not a first. Wait, our firsts don't get to see the field much either Crying or Very sad

Who in the Worild would want an OLB who can't get sacks from beating tackles?
at23steelers

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
3rivers wrote:

Who in the Worild would want an OLB who can't get sacks from beating tackles?

3Rivers has the thought process people will want to trade good pieces for our trash!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: