You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jarvis Jones
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopydawg44us wrote:
Hes a baller too 43 not just range and height. I seen enough vids on this kid to like him. NFL Coaches get paid Big Money to teach these kids NFL Technques. Its up to these kids if they are fast or slow learners. If you dont like him thats your business bruh. I like him and dont mind seeing him in a Steelers uniform

My point is he doesnt play with any technique at all.

Sure it can be taught, but you still want to see it in a player at the college level. Not just a guy who relies purely on his athletic prowess to, as you say, ball.

Between his health concerns and that, I hope we dont even look at him. Too much of a project and a huge risk of him being a bust...especially at 34 OLB.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering how weak this draft class is; wouldn't Jones be worth the risk?
armsteeld

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@sc29, what if his condition gets worse? Then we are back to where we started. Third or later and Im all in but any sooner is not good value for me. Mayock pimped him this high but Moore will go before Jones.

"Sheep follow the flock for direction and security but scatter at the sight of the lone wolf". Rocky
snoopydawg44us

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we do look at him 43 again thats your opinion and I have mines.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TBH, at this point, with all this 'injury potential' talk, I am sure Jones is working is way DOWN on the Steelers' board. If we have our 'choice of players' at 17, I don't think Jones will be it, even if he is still available.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

snoopydawg44us wrote:

I dont know why you keep saying that. I never said you couldnt have your own opinion on him.

Im just saying I have no desire to draft an athlete posing as a football player.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
snoopydawg44us wrote:

I dont know why you keep saying that. I never said you couldnt have your own opinion on him.

Im just saying I have no desire to draft an athlete posing as a football player.

It would be fair to presume you aren't a mingo fan either then? I really don't like Jordan at all but I would be quite pleased if Mingo fell to us. He just seems to possess more pass rushing moves than Jordan and is just as athletic.

Either way, I can tell you that one of those top end pass rushers in the draft will fall to us at 17 and after Demontre Moore's terrible showing at the combine, I expect it to be him. Jordan, Mingo and Ansah will all have teams that will be head over heels in love with them while a high floor low ceiling player like Moore will be left in the dust. What are everybody's thoughts on him? I haven't really looked into him too much quite yet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
snoopydawg44us wrote:

It would be fair to presume you aren't a mingo fan either then? I really don't like Jordan at all but I would be quite pleased if Mingo fell to us. He just seems to possess more pass rushing moves than Jordan and is just as athletic.

Either way, I can tell you that one of those top end pass rushers in the draft will fall to us at 17 and after Demontre Moore's terrible showing at the combine, I expect it to be him. Jordan, Mingo and Ansah will all have teams that will be head over heels in love with them while a high floor low ceiling player like Moore will be left in the dust. What are everybody's thoughts on him? I haven't really looked into him too much quite yet

I like Mingo.

Dont love him but Id take him over Jordan every time.

As for your 2nd thought, I kind of expected Moore to fall off a bit either way, but the combine didnt help.

Ansah is all but a lock to go top 5. Reportedly, the Lions are nuts about him and they desperately need a pass rusher.

Jordan....with his health concerns, I wont be shocked to see him drop into the 20s. Though I hope he is take in the top 15 and pushes someone else down.

I still think Mingo might fall. Not saying he will, but I wont be shocked.

I think Jarvis Jones and Mingo will fall to within 5 spots of us. The Saints are converting to the 34 and need OLBs worse than we do, so they will likely take one. The Panthers and Bucs could both use DE's....although I think the Panthers go WR or DT, depending how it plays out.

In the end, it really doesnt matter. We have so many needs, we can just address another one early.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be a little shocked if Dion Jordan makes it to pick 20. I'd love for us to get Ansah but that's just not going to happen. I also don't think Jordan makes it out of the top 15, however, right now I think Pittsburgh's draft board looks a little like this:

1. Ansah
2. Jordan
3. Mingo
4. Everyone else.

Obviously there is a little sarcasm there with the #4 spot, but my point is, I definitely think, based on what I read on the Steelers website, that these three are at the top of their list, though I don't see Ansah making it out of the top 2, let alone the top 5. At this point Jordan and Mingo are growing on me and I think if we got either one, our LB corps would be destructive against opposing offenses. Mingo is actually being projected between picks 25-40 right now by Mayock. I do think Jarvis Jones is going to fall further than initially anticipated but his Pro Day could be telling. I think there is a realistic chance we draft Mingo and a very good chance that if he makes it to #17, Dion Jordan is wearing Black N' Gold.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Steelers22 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
snoopydawg44us wrote:

I like Mingo.

As for your 2nd thought, I kind of expected Moore to fall off a bit either way, but the combine didnt help.

Ansah is all but a lock to go top 5. Reportedly, the Lions are nuts about him and they desperately need a pass rusher.

Jordan....with his health concerns, I wont be shocked to see him drop into the 20s. Though I hope he is take in the top 15 and pushes someone else down.

I think Jarvis Jones and Mingo will fall to within 5 spots of us. The Saints are converting to the 34 and need OLBs worse than we do, so they will likely take one. The Panthers and Bucs could both use DE's....although I think the Panthers go WR or DT, depending how it plays out.

In the end, it really doesnt matter. We have so many needs, we can just address another one early.

Other then height whats the difference between Mingo and Worilds because to me they are the same player? Stats are the same competition slightly varied, VJ, BJ, 40, shuttle and almost all other related pro day/combine drills the same.

The only real difference was that Worilds wasn't dropped into coverage as much as Mingo.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Steelers22 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
snoopydawg44us wrote:

I like Mingo.

I just read that the Lions are pretty openly in love with Millner as well (especially after that 40 time) and that fills a gigantic need. Think they could probably find a legit pass rusher in the second round. It will be interesting to see which way they go

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Steelers22 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
snoopydawg44us wrote:

I like Mingo.

I just read that the Lions are pretty openly in love with Millner as well (especially after that 40 time) and that fills a gigantic need. Think they could probably find a legit pass rusher in the second round. It will be interesting to see which way they go

There is no intrigue here. Ansah won't make it to them, Milliner is going to Detroit unless someone trades up in front of them for him. It's really that simple.
Steelers22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Steelers22 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
snoopydawg44us wrote:

I like Mingo.

Other then height whats the difference between Mingo and Worilds because to me they are the same player? Stats are the same competition slightly varied, VJ, BJ, 40, shuttle and almost all other related pro day/combine drills the same.

The only real difference was that Worilds wasn't dropped into coverage as much as Mingo.

same player?? How so?? Mingo is incredibly explosive and his burst is second to none. Worilds has some physical ability but nothing that jumps off the screen and "wows" you. The comparison doesn't make sense

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers22 wrote:
same player?? How so?? Mingo is incredibly explosive and his burst is second to none. Worilds has some physical ability but nothing that jumps off the screen and "wows" you. The comparison doesn't make sense

I actually really agree with this. Listen, I'm fairly certain a year or two from now, we're going to be talking about how Worilds was just the latest 'youngster' that didn't work out. I hope I'm wrong and maybe I am, but I really have little to no faith in him. Sure he has had his moments of success but is he a long-term starter? We don't know that yet and honestly, I don't think he is but I just haven't seen enough to know for sure either way.

I think Mingo is twice the talent Worilds is, easily.
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
Steelers22 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
snoopydawg44us wrote:

I like Mingo.

First Jesse Williams is the same as Ta'amu, and now Mingo is the same as Worlids?

Im not even going to bother with that. Ill just say that the only major similarity between them was that they were both raw coming out. In terms of their tools on the field, you are simply wrong.

Worlids combine results werent an issue, so Im not sure why you bring them up. There are people who didnt show as well as he did in drills that turned out much better.

I dont love Mingo. He needs work, but he is a much more fluid athlete than Worlids ever was and has alot more tools to work with ON the field. The only thing impressive about Worlids was his explosion off the edge. He had trouble getting around TEs even in college.

Mingo isnt an elite prospect, but he is a much better pure pass rusher and thats the first thing I want from an OLB.

Im not saying Mingo should be our first round pick...just that Id take him over Jordan.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: