Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD13 - Scouting Reports
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: FFMD13 - Scouting Reports Reply with quote

In an attempt to de-clutter our War Room, we'll separate the scouting reports to this thread so they don't get lost there.

If we're doing a google doc at some stage, we'll probably need a score evaluation. So, I propose we score our reports as follows (save these for the document and not for the thread):

We should have two scores. One score should be for where you see the candidate currently and one for their ceiling potential. I'm not a fan of breaking up scoring into sub-categories as they can be misleading, but if you feel it helps you to reach an overall score that's fine.

Quote:
8.0+ = Future pro-bowler
7.5-7.9 = Immediate impact player
7.0-7.4 = Potential difference maker/immediate starter
6.5-6.9 = Able to compete for starting spot
6.0-6.5 = Future starter/rotational player
5.0-5.9 = Back-up/Special Team candidate

Anything below this is an outright rejection. Scoring should be harsh and fair, so Rab can separate the top prospects from the merely good.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw out a few names I really want to see some reports on, I'll update this as reports are received - feel free to report on those not listed:

GFW's Request List

* Robert Woods - WR, USC
* Datone Jones, DE/DT - UCLA - Updated I_GET_SAX Page 1
* Kenny Vaccaro - S, Texas
* Desmond Trufant - CB, Washington
* Kawann Short, DT - Purdue
* DeAndre Hopkins - WR, Clemson
* Terrance Williams - WR, Baylor
* Quinton Patton - WR, Louisiana Tech
* Sylvester Williams - DT, North Carolina Updated I_GET_SAX Page 1
* Jordan Poyer - CB, Oregon State
* Markus Wheaton - WR, Oregon State
* Bennie Logan, DT - LSU
* Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB - UCONN
* Robert Alford, CB - Southeastern Louisiana
* Chris Faulk, OT - LSU - Updated Jaymun Page 1
* Sharrif Floyd, DT - Florida - Updated I_GET_SAX Page 1
* Stedman Bailey, WR - West Virginia
* Duke Williams, SS - Nevada
* Dallas Thomas, OT - Tennessee - Updated Jaymun Page 1
* Jonathan Cyprien, SS - Florida International
* Michael Buchanan, DE - Illinois - Updated I_GET_SAX Page 1
* Dwayne Gratz, CB - UCONN
* Jordan Hill, DT - Penn State
* Tavarres King, WR - Georgia
* Cornelius Washington, DE - Georgia - Updated I_GET_SAX Page 1
* Josh Boyd, DT - Mississippi State - Updated I_GET_SAX Page 1
* Marquise Goodwin, WR - Texas
* B.W. Webb, CB - William & Mary
* Conner Vernon, WR - Duke
* Reid Fragel, OT - Ohip State - Updated Jaymun Page 1
* Shamarko Thomas, SS - Syracuse - Updated I_GET_SAX Page 1

Last edited by goldfishwars on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From I_GET_SAX...

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Per GFW's request...all DL on his list...

1. Datone Jones DE UCLA 6í4 280

Jones would be a really good fit with the Patriots young and rebuilt front seven. He plays with a tremendous blend of power and speed, but he also offers some versatility which we all know BB covets in all his players. Jones can rush from a 4-3 DE, possibly combining with Chandler Jones to make a formidable and young tandem. In some situations Datone can move inside and bring an interior rush to his game. During the Senior Bowl Jones displayed very sound technique and formation understanding, with a genuine love for the game coming through in interviews. He seemed to be the only DE to give Fisher (OT) fits.

2012 stats 57 tackles 5 sacks

2.Sylvester Williams DT UNC 6'3" 305

Sly is a guy with so much burst off the line for a guy his size, you know, the size of a soda machine. He has great raw strength and power but would rather show you he can get around you with that speed a 300+ guy shouldn't have. Able to split the double teams and get TFL, also has 3 main pass rushing moves with the spin, swim and club that he uses very well. He is more raw than most of the DL coming out as he had 1 yr of HS football and then got the commit to UNC out of JUCO. Huge body and potential guy tho.

2012 stats 42 tackles 6 sacks

3.Sharrif Floyd DT Florida 6'3" 303

Floyd is a guy who excelled at DT and DE in a tough SEC defense. Showed real burst off the line and versatility. In his two years at DT (Fresh & Junior) he tallied a total of 89 tackles and 19.5 for a loss. He left a lasting impression as a gator sacking the highly touted QB Teddy Bridgwater of Lousiville a total of two times in the Sugar Bowl.

4.Michael Buchanon DE Illinois 6'5" 250

Michael has a very athletic frame and with his size could excell as a a hybrid OLB/DE player that moves very fluidly and smooth for a guy with his height on the defense. Buchanon is an elite tackler in the open field and really knows how to wrap up for a tackle rather than go for the hit stick each time. As far as a pass rusher he closes really well to the QB and has a variety of moves that he mixes up well to keep the offense guessing. He uses his hads well versus OL and keeps his pad level low. Michael has been talked abuot as an excellent leader in the locker room and as a vocal leader on the field.

2012 stats-57 tackles 4.5 sacks 1 Int

5. Cornelius Washington DE UGA 6'4" 270

A tall, long defensive end/rush linebacker who hasnít been able to break through quite yet, but flashes the strength and quickness (10 career sacks) to be a factor as a senior. A productive 2012 season free of drama (he was suspended two games in 2011 after an arrest for speeding/DUI). up. Possesses great length, which he uses to powerfully extend into blockers and to wrap up a leg on a ballcarrier running away from him. Could be a steal if he slips to the 3rd or later with the size and pass rush skills he posseses.

2012 stats 22 tackles 3tfl 1 sack Career ( 76 tackles 17 tfl & 10.5 Sacks)

6.Josh boyd DT Miss State 6'3" 300

A 3 years starter on the defensive line, a bit overshadowed the first two years because of a certain first round pick last year Fletcher Cox. Boyd is much more of a run stuffing DT than the penetrating kind. He handles double teams very well and saw them often during the 2012 season. He kind of broke out in 2011 with 51 tackles, eight for a loss and 4.5 sacks after a sluggish 2010.Boyd has an explosive burst off the snap, generating even better quickness than Cox. He also flashes a terrific arm-over swim move and generally uses his hands well as he initially attacks his opponent.When his initial move doesn't beat the opponent, he's often left in a shoving match with the guard/center/both and does not appear to have the straight-line speed to consistently track down ball-carriers in pursuit like Cox does. Against talented ball-control teams (like Alabama, LSU, Georgia), Boyd's ability to stuff the middle and make an occasional play behind the line of scrimmage stands out.

Thanks and I will have much more soon...
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O-line prospects from Jaymun:

Quote:
Chris Faulk is a promising prospect, who may be a great value pick because of his knee injury and unimpressive physique.

On quite a few occasions, Faulk is noticeably slow off the ball in the run game. He does show good pad level, however, and an ability to get movement even on interior defensive linemen. Despite his less-than-ideal build (which could have him fall down draft boards further) he shows decent athleticism overtaking defenders laterally in the run game, something important in our offense as it's a block type you see a lot in the Patriots system.

Upon reaching the second level in the run game, Faulk's talents break down a bit. His pad level is significantly higher, and his base is questionable. With the competence he shows run blocking on the first level, I'd bet this is something coachable that he will be able to improve on.

In the pass game, Faulk shows good lateral movement, and is rarely beat by rushers moving horizontally, though he is fairly prone to being beat by a vertical speed rush, partially due to his tendency to drop his back foot and shorten the edge. He's very fluid out of his stance however, and posses a great ability to keep his inside hand and post foot strong, denying any inside moves.

It's worth noting that all of these observations are from what I've seen of him at left tackle. I've yet to be able to find film of him on the right side. Assuming he can make the transition, however, I would be comfortable taking him in the late second round to contend with Marcus Cannon for Vollmer's starting spot. I would be comfortable taking faulk as high as very late in the first round, however I think he'll be available through the first half of the 2nd round, and possibly even longer. Definitely a guy we should target, especially if there's an opportunity to trade up for him in the mid-2nd round.

Reid Fragel is essentially the opposite of Chris Faulk. A project player through-and-through, he's got a great size and frame for the tackle position, and the Patriots have shown a willingness to work with tight-end to tackle converts in the past, but Fragel is hugely unpolished as a tackle.

When he stays under control in the run game, he gets himself in great positions and works his angles well. The problem is that he rarely has his feet under him when he reaches these positions, and is off balance far more than you would like to ever see an offensive lineman. He bends at the waist, and frequently lunges into his blocks rather than running his feet, something that leaves him off-balance and out of position.
Despite his athleticism, he shows all of the same deficiencies when blocking linebackers. Whiel he has the quickness to get to the second level, he's constantly lunging and whiffing, with the best case scenario on most plays being that they have to run around him.

In the passing game he clearly has a lot to learn both from a technique and schematic standpoint. He regularly looks uncertain with his responsibilities, hanging around in gaps that are clearly accounted for and missing rushers coming through his lanes. His ability to mirror defenders is his best asset in pass protection. He does a decent job getting extension on rushers, but frequently fails to maintain it, often finding the defenders able to get in on him rendering his length useless.

I would be strongly against taking him anywhere before the mid-6th round, and more comfortable with a 7th round value on him, though I feel he will be off the board earlier than this if for no reason other than his physical traits.

Dallas Thomas is a strong kid with an excellent base, but with some noticeable problems in pass pro.

In the run game, Thomas has some struggles blocking second level defenders, finding himself out of position, and occasionally appearing to lack effort blocking at the second level.
He is, however, a very powerful run blocker with great feet. He generates excellent movement in the run game, and having played both tackle and guard, he has shown an ability to do this even against stronger lineman such as 1-techs and nose tackles. He closes distance and hits with a lot of force, making him a great run blocker and a reasonable candidate at right tackle.

In the pass game, Thomas' feet appear to be his weakness. He's got slow feet, and finds himself playing catchup against speed rushers, also not mirroring incredibly well after making contact. He does exhibit great pad level and knee bend in the pass game, rarely, if ever, finding himself off balance. He defends the bullrush well as a result of this, and stands his ground well.

Being able to play both inside and outside, his versatility certainly gives his value a boost, though I'm not sure how viable he would be as a guard at the next level. I've got a late second value on Thomas, liking him slightly less than Chris Faulk, both as a prospect and in terms of value on where I think he will be drafted.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Gen thread...

LINBACKERS:

1.Jon Bostic LB Florida 6'1" 245

Bostic emerged as one of the Gators' leading tacklers, topping the team with 94 in 2011 before dropping to 68 in 2012 to close out his career in Gainesville. Bostic is instinctive and physical. Bostic ranks as one of the better no-nonsense run-stuffing inside linebackers of the 2013 draft class. As his five career interceptions and 7.5 sacks attest, he's also capable of contributing against the pass. Closes with aggression, bringing his hips and driving through the ball-carrier to flash the ability to make the big hit. Seems to enjoy the physicality of the game, rushing to take on fullbacks and pulling linemen.

COMPARES TO: David Hawthorne, ILB, New Orleans Saints -- Just as "The Heater" has done for the Saints and previously the Seattle Seahawks, Bostic will make a club as an effective run-stuffing middle linebacker despite a lack of top-notch speed.

My Rank (6.5)

2.Alec Ogletree OLB UGA 6'3" 235

A former safety, Ogletree showed off terrific range & athleticism, making plays all over the field.Terrific quickness around the edge, capable of making stops in the backfield and is fast in pursuit. Doesn't shy from making the big hit. Arrives with deceiving power and violent intentions. Experience in coverage. Has the long arms scouts like from linebackers. Needs to be more consistent filling against the run and tackling with better pad level. Leaner than ideal frame. He'll need to show greater strength in releasing or getting away from blockers. Off-field concern following a four-game suspension in 2012, reportedly for violating Georgia's substance-abuse policy. With the possible addition of Ogletree, he and Hightower, the two better coverage LBs could play outside and Mayo and Spikes inside on 3-4 looks.

My Ranking (7.4)

3.Khaseem Green OLB Rutgers 6'1" 235

Another one of those Safety hybrids that have been playing the outside LB spot for two years now and steadily improving with the transition on a game by game basis. Rare athleticism for the position. Possesses the agility and straight-line speed to elude blockers and beat backs to the edge.Reliable open-field tackler, generally wrapping both arms around the ballcarrier. Best trait might be his incredible ability to create turnovers.Times his blitz well, showing a quick burst to close. Fluid in coverage due to his experience at safety and possesses good ball skills. Shows some natural open-field running skills once the ball is in his hands, as well. Same story as Ogletree imo but Green is undersized as a LB. Definitly is a huge Safety that can cover and rush both very well.

My ranking (7.6)

4.Zavier Gooden OLB Mizzou 6'2" 235

Gooden has had two years of starting experience with the Tigers and has been clocked in near the 4.4s. He was recruited originally as a Safety and after being RS for a year he made the switch to OLB. He made the move to outside linebacker in 2009. He impressed in 2010 during his first season as a starter, recording career-highs in tackles (85), tackles for loss (10) and sacks (three). His numbers slipped slightly this past season (80-eight-one) and he hasn't yet shown a knack for consistently making big plays, which is why he isn't more nationally recognized. Definitley an under the radar talent that I could see us grabbing with a 3rd-5th round pick if we accumulate more.

My ranking (6.3)

Gotta split it up my boss is getting suspicious haha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian Schwenke C/LG/RG Ė Schwenke is probably my favorite prospect this draft in terms of return on investment. Looking around, consensus seems that heís going around the 4th round. A good senior bowl may have moved him into third round talks, but I would take him as early as mid-second, and if heís around in the third I would be all over that pick.
Heís a versatile interior lineman, with 16 starts at left guard, 12 at center, and 8 at right guard. Personally Iíd put him at center, but heís certainly capable of playing all 3 spots.

Schwenke doesnít have freakish strength you see exhibited by some interior linemen, but he plays much stronger than he is. He shows great hips in the run game, with an uncanny ability to dig out defenders and generate movement. On the occasions where he stalemates with the D-tackles, heís regularly able to get his hips going and end up getting push.
Heís not the most mobile, but heís repeatedly proven himself capable of moving lateral and overtaking his man on outside runs.

Heís also got a great base, and ability to anchor himself against a bull-rush when heís manned up in pass protection, something very important against 3-4 defenses, and something thatís huge when, as weíve seen repeatedly, itís interior pressure that seems to affect Brady the most. Heís also effective in zone pass blocking schemes, showing a great ability to deliver a blow while moving without sacrificing his base.

The guy can ball. It may take a season for him to get to a spot where he can play as strong in the pros as he did in college, but Iím confident that he could become a starter within his first season. If thereís anyone Iím going to be in everyoneís ear about taking itís this guy.
Rating: 7.0

Ratings for the otherís Iíve done so far have been added.
Jaymun

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Larry Warford - Warford is a load at a listed 330, and I wouldnít be surprised if his real weight were closer to 350. Heís very explosive, with great strength, but lacks speed when heís trying to make blocks in space.

In the run game, Warford gets off the ball and hits like a ton of bricks.
Curiously, he shows occasional trouble converting this pop into movement, getting stalemated by the defender more often than youíd like to see. Itís hard to pick out a specific cause to this problem, but it looks to be more technique based (his feet slow down when this happens, but that appears to be after the stalemate, I think itís probably his hips that need work) than strength-based, so thatís a problem that Scar can likely rectify.
His blocking at the second level, and like I mentioned, in space, is pretty lackluster. Heís not athletic or fast enough to react to the defenders in time to end up in good position, and as much as a simple headfake from a linebacker can lead him to miss a block.

He pass-blocks like a surprisingly mobile fire hydrant. Great pad level and strength make him very stout against the bull rush, and for a man his size, and with his lack of speed, his ability to mirror defenders is actually quite good. He seems to have a good head on his shoulders, picking up blitzes with great effectiveness.

His problem in pass blocking is a tendency to lunge into blocks on occasion, as well as dip his head, leaving him in bad position and typically leading to him getting beat.

He also has a Mankins-esque tendency to finish plays, which is nice to see. If heís got his man at the pile, youíll regularly see him finish the block and knock his defender to the ground, with the whistle coming at some point during.

Warfordís an interesting prospect, with a very high upside. Heís got a lot of things you look for in an o-lineman, and as long as he can overcome his lack of speed he has the potential to develop into a solid starter wherever he goes. That being said, I think at this point in time I think he will require some work initially, and may not be a viable starter right off the bat, especially with the tempo of our offense. I think his draft stock right now (2nd-3rd) is just about right, I'd value him late 2nd-early third, any later than that and I think you're getting a great potential steal though

Grade: 6.5
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaymun I watche dboth Scwienke and Worford at Senior Bowl practices and I love how in depth you get. Great write ups my man. I would love both of them in the 2nd or later...I want my boy Chance Warmack over any OG tho

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love these scouting reports, especially since I think the Warford one is off the beaten path.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
24isthelaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phyiscally, Shamarko Thomas has promise. His game speed is elite. This is due to a combination of reported 4.3 speed, excellent reaction time, plus a burst that allows him to close on plays from trail position. Few safeties have the range that Thomas does. He's also built like a truck, and doesn't get pushed around by blockers.

He shows excellent potential in the run game. He demonstrates an understanding of angles and containment principles, in addition to hitting people like a mack truck. Sometimes he doesn't wrap up because he's too busy trying to kill people, but otherwise his tackling fundamentals are solid.

He is very, very short. He will still be able to defend tight ends fairly well by getting in position and using his explosive ability to get a jump on the ball, but he will always be at a disadvantage in some situations. His style of play (killing people every play) is also the kind that has ended some careers. He needs to be more careful with his own body, or he'll end up in the tub all the time (like Chung).

Its hard to project his ability to play in coverage. Syracuse had him do what he's dominant at doing on that level - move forwards and hit people. He seems unpolished as a defensive back, in terms of footwork and backpedal and the like, but when he sees something in coverage he closes in FAST. His intuition for playing in zones and the like will ultimately decide his fate in the NFL. If he picks up the nuances of coverage he will be a great player. If he doesn't, he'll be more of a Bernard Pollard type goon who just hits people.

Overall, Thomas is a 6.9, and my 3rd highest safety.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work 24isthelaw. This Safety class is deep - no need to panic for one early if we go down that route.

Scouts, we need more players and scores on the board and we need reports here - how we getting on?
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
From I_GET_SAX...

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Per GFW's request...all DL on his list...

1. Datone Jones DE UCLA 6í4 280

Jones would be a really good fit with the Patriots young and rebuilt front seven. He plays with a tremendous blend of power and speed, but he also offers some versatility which we all know BB covets in all his players. Jones can rush from a 4-3 DE, possibly combining with Chandler Jones to make a formidable and young tandem. In some situations Datone can move inside and bring an interior rush to his game. During the Senior Bowl Jones displayed very sound technique and formation understanding, with a genuine love for the game coming through in interviews. He seemed to be the only DE to give Fisher (OT) fits.

2012 stats 57 tackles 5 sacks
MY RANKING 7.3

2.Sylvester Williams DT UNC 6'3" 305

Sly is a guy with so much burst off the line for a guy his size, you know, the size of a soda machine. He has great raw strength and power but would rather show you he can get around you with that speed a 300+ guy shouldn't have. Able to split the double teams and get TFL, also has 3 main pass rushing moves with the spin, swim and club that he uses very well. He is more raw than most of the DL coming out as he had 1 yr of HS football and then got the commit to UNC out of JUCO. Huge body and potential guy tho.

2012 stats 42 tackles 6 sacks
MY RANKING 7.2

3.Sharrif Floyd DT Florida 6'3" 303

Floyd is a guy who excelled at DT and DE in a tough SEC defense. Showed real burst off the line and versatility. In his two years at DT (Fresh & Junior) he tallied a total of 89 tackles and 19.5 for a loss. He left a lasting impression as a gator sacking the highly touted QB Teddy Bridgwater of Lousiville a total of two times in the Sugar Bowl.

MY RANKING 7.5 Very Happy

4.Michael Buchanon DE Illinois 6'5" 250

Michael has a very athletic frame and with his size could excell as a a hybrid OLB/DE player that moves very fluidly and smooth for a guy with his height on the defense. Buchanon is an elite tackler in the open field and really knows how to wrap up for a tackle rather than go for the hit stick each time. As far as a pass rusher he closes really well to the QB and has a variety of moves that he mixes up well to keep the offense guessing. He uses his hads well versus OL and keeps his pad level low. Michael has been talked abuot as an excellent leader in the locker room and as a vocal leader on the field.

2012 stats-57 tackles 4.5 sacks 1 Int
MY RANKING 7.1

5. Cornelius Washington DE UGA 6'4" 270

A tall, long defensive end/rush linebacker who hasnít been able to break through quite yet, but flashes the strength and quickness (10 career sacks) to be a factor as a senior. A productive 2012 season free of drama (he was suspended two games in 2011 after an arrest for speeding/DUI). up. Possesses great length, which he uses to powerfully extend into blockers and to wrap up a leg on a ballcarrier running away from him. Could be a steal if he slips to the 3rd or later with the size and pass rush skills he posseses.
MY RANKING 6.4

2012 stats 22 tackles 3tfl 1 sack Career ( 76 tackles 17 tfl & 10.5 Sacks)

6.Josh boyd DT Miss State 6'3" 300

A 3 years starter on the defensive line, a bit overshadowed the first two years because of a certain first round pick last year Fletcher Cox. Boyd is much more of a run stuffing DT than the penetrating kind. He handles double teams very well and saw them often during the 2012 season. He kind of broke out in 2011 with 51 tackles, eight for a loss and 4.5 sacks after a sluggish 2010.Boyd has an explosive burst off the snap, generating even better quickness than Cox. He also flashes a terrific arm-over swim move and generally uses his hands well as he initially attacks his opponent.When his initial move doesn't beat the opponent, he's often left in a shoving match with the guard/center/both and does not appear to have the straight-line speed to consistently track down ball-carriers in pursuit like Cox does. Against talented ball-control teams (like Alabama, LSU, Georgia), Boyd's ability to stuff the middle and make an occasional play behind the line of scrimmage stands out.

MY RANKING 6.6

Thanks and I will have much more soon...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went through my original DL/LB rankings and bolded the rankings. Really a fan of A certain fella...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
Nice work 24isthelaw. This Safety class is deep - no need to panic for one early if we go down that route.

Scouts, we need more players and scores on the board and we need reports here - how we getting on?

DJ Swearinger is a prospect who has gained a lot of steam lately. Physically, he has a thick build, well suited to play closer to the line of scrimmage. His speed does not look impressive, but he he has deceptive agility and is a fluid athlete for a player his size. This helps him when breaking down and tackling as well as when changing directions in coverage. He lacks a second gear however, which is disturbing.

Swearinger shows a pretty firm grasp of coverage responsibilities. He diagnoses plays quickly, and keeps his eyes downfield. He profiles to be able to cover most tight ends (not the elite ones) effectively due to his combination of fluidity, instincts, and strength. However, his range is not ideal for deeper coverage responsibilities. As for tackling, Swearinger is a "hitter" who tackles alright, but needs to be more consistent and wrap up the ball-carrier. He goes for the big hit and occasionally that results in a longer gain.

Overall, Swearinger has a high floor for the NFL. Whether or not he can be a playmaker at the next level, however, remains to be seen, and that is why I am not as high on him as other people are. At 6.7, he is my sixth ranked safety prospect.

Adopt-a-Patriot: Marcus Forston - Practice squad (0 tackles, 0 sacks)
PatriotBeast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashon Goldson 38 | Safety

2012 SEASON
TCKL
SCK
FF
INT

BIO
Ht: 6' 2" Wt: 200 Age: 28
Born: 9/18/1984, Carson, CA
College: Washington
NFL Experience: 6th season
Drafted: 2007 - Rd 4
(126th overall by the 49ers)
Salary: $6,212,000

DEFENSE COMPARISONS
TACKLES
Goldson
League Average
League Leader

INTs
Goldson
League Average
League Leader

Sacks

Goldson
League Average
League Leader

Career stats
COMB TOTAL AST SACK FF FR YDS INT
Career 346 278 68 3.0 5 4 0 14

*Dashon Goldson has racked up more than $106,000 in fines THIS SEASON*

My Grade: 7.1
Ceiling:7.7
My Thoughts: He is ok in coverage with only 3 int. this year, he did have 6 ints in 2011. He usually trys for the big hit and sometimes misses the tackle all together. The 49ers front seven may have inflated his stats a little bit. He does have good range and instinct to be able to tell where the ball is going right once it leaves the qbs hand. He is also young and has a good football IQ and understanding of the game. His experience could help our young secondary.

He is not on the 49ers trade block.
Risk:medium
Reward:medium-high
cost:high
Overview:My opinion, His asking price will be too much for us and the 49ers will most likely not let him go. Would be a solid starter across from Mcman
,but is most likely a pipe dream.

Hows that?

[/b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: