Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Danny Amendola
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
You guys say that everyone is selling Danny short but I think the same can be said for Pettis. I say he proved he can fill that role allowing us to save money too.

Yeah...no. He really didnt. That would be a major downgrade.

Agree to disagree, a downgrade? Perhaps, but a major one? I dont think so especially when you consider the money being saved on an injury prone slot. Were not talking a LT, QB or DE-- were talking about a slot receiver that cant stay healthy.

We dont know what Pettis is capable of as a full time starter so lets find out. Hell, if it sounds biased screw it... Draft a guy like Tavon Austin or Robert Woods to play slot and I gaurentee nobody will miss Danny. I love what Danny has done but I think its time to move on.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
chris00cm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd expect him to try to get around 4 years, 25mil. Whether he will get that or not is a different story.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4991/danny-amendola

Quote:
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Rams and free agent Danny Amendola are "far apart" in contract negotiations.

Anyone know the number Amendola he is looking to hit?

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
El ramster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
According to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, the Rams and free agent Danny Amendola are "far apart" in contract negotiations.

He probably wants 6 mil a year.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also says Gibson is as good as gone, hello big money FA

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

He probably wants 6 mil a year.
He Gone

Jonezy wrote:
As Ive said many times, why would he want to come back? My guess is he goes and gets a shot in KC with Holmgren, and they just cut ties with Steve Breaston (who I would like to take a chance on)
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny isn't getting 5mil a year from anyone.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Halradio

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my take on the perspective of each side

Rams

Danny has done some great things for this team. Although he is not a burner he has an uncanny knack for getting open, catches just about everything that comes his way, and can make plays when it counts.

On other hand durability is a serious concern. He was lost for the 2011 season after one game and missed 5 games last year and was limited in at least two others.

We have options in FA and this is a decent draft for WRs. Not to mention Givens really came on last year.

Danny's Agent

No doubt injuries were an issue last year. That being said he STILL led the team in receptions and was third in receiving yards. Not mention Danny has the best chemistry with Sam by a wide margin. By the way this team has all of 3 WRs under contract. Guess that Titus Young thing didn't work out so good.

Speaking of FA - Meachem and Garçon pulled down 14 mil and 20 mil guaranteed. Blame the Bolts and the Skins for setting the bar not us.

By the way you mentioned FA and the draft as potentional places to find a replacement - how did that strategy work out for San Diego last year. Let me answer that for you - not so good. As for the draft I have two names for you - A J Jenkins and Brian Quick. Your move cupcake.
iRaMs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:

Very Happy

El ramster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LoL. Don't care about any of these guys minus

Quick-Givens-Kendricks

These guys are the future. Amendola is on crack if he want's 6 mil.

3 year 12 Million is great compensation for both parties.

If he decides to move along, Than great for him. Go make your money man.

But we let go of Denario because he was a health concern.

Draft is loaded with talent. We'll get our guy in there or in FA.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:

Rams

Danny has done some great things for this team. Although he is not a burner he has an uncanny knack for getting open, catches just about everything that comes his way, and can make plays when it counts.

On other hand durability is a serious concern. He was lost for the 2011 season after one game and missed 5 games last year and was limited in at least two others.

We have options in FA and this is a decent draft for WRs. Not to mention Givens really came on last year.

Danny's Agent

No doubt injuries were an issue last year. That being said he STILL led the team in receptions and was third in receiving yards. Not mention Danny has the best chemistry with Sam by a wide margin. By the way this team has all of 3 WRs under contract. Guess that Titus Young thing didn't work out so good.

Speaking of FA - Meachem and Garçon pulled down 14 mil and 20 mil guaranteed. Blame the Bolts and the Skins for setting the bar not us.

By the way you mentioned FA and the draft as potentional places to find a replacement - how did that strategy work out for San Diego last year. Let me answer that for you - not so good. As for the draft I have two names for you - A J Jenkins and Brian Quick. Your move cupcake.

Last year's draft class wasn't nearly as good at WR early in the draft as this year's though. Patterson, Allen, and Austin all should go in the first round and all are dynamic in their own rights. Last year there was only Blackmon. Plus the talent that will be around in the 2nd round this year.

Every draft isn't the same, just like last year's draft was weak at Safety and this year's it is a strength.

As great as it would be to have Amendola back, Bradford has matured greatly and shown last year he can play without him.

El ramster wrote:

Quick-Givens-Kendricks

These guys are the future.

I'm in agreement with you.

I personally think Givens would be great in the slot due to his route running which is good and the speed he has. Defenders not getting as many chances to jam him will allow him to get open more and we seen the flashes from Quick on the outside last year, like the fade and missed jam by the 49er defender that both went for TDs. Kendricks looks like he can do it all.

I really want them to add another playmaker for Bradford early in the draft though. Some one who could play opposite of Quick. Patterson or Allen or a TE like Ertz.
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Halradio wrote:

Rams

Danny's Agent

Last year's draft class wasn't nearly as good at WR early in the draft as this year's though. Patterson, Allen, and Austin all should go in the first round and all are dynamic in their own rights. Last year there was only Blackmon. Plus the talent that will be around in the 2nd round this year.

Every draft isn't the same, just like last year's draft was weak at Safety and this year's it is a strength.

As great as it would be to have Amendola back, Bradford has matured greatly and shown last year he can play without him.

El ramster wrote:

Quick-Givens-Kendricks

These guys are the future.

I'm in agreement with you.

I personally think Givens would be great in the slot due to his route running which is good and the speed he has. Defenders not getting as many chances to jam him will allow him to get open more and we seen the flashes from Quick on the outside last year, like the fade and missed jam by the 49er defender that both went for TDs. Kendricks looks like he can do it all.

I really want them to add another playmaker for Bradford early in the draft though. Some one who could play opposite of Quick. Patterson or Allen or a TE like Ertz.

I think Halradio was speaking as though he were Danny's agents, and was making his case to the Ram's front office, not his own personal views.

Danny Amendola is not going to get 5 million per year from anyone, let alone 6 million. He'll likely re-sign with the Rams, because he has more value to us than to any other team.

I'm predicting 4 years, 18.5 million.

We need to re-sign him. Period.

Halradio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rams are in a tight spot on this one.

They only have three WRs under contract and honestly only one (Givens) has proven to be bona-fide starting caliber. Not to mention Danny has the best chemistry with Bradford by a wide margin.

Unless something breaks loose with Steve Jackson's contract, there is no way the Rams have the cap space to reel in a FA WR who can replace Danny's production.

As for the draft on paper there are some guys who can step into Danny's shoes. Then again the 49ers thought A J Jenkins was worthy of a first round pick last year.

For the record I don't believe the Rams should break the bank to keep Danny. However, IMO they will have to at least match and probably beat the deal Meachem got last year (14 mil guarnateed)
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
The Rams are in a tight spot on this one.

They only have three WRs under contract and honestly only one (Givens) has proven to be bona-fide starting caliber. Not to mention Danny has the best chemistry with Bradford by a wide margin.

Unless something breaks loose with Steve Jackson's contract, there is no way the Rams have the cap space to reel in a FA WR who can replace Danny's production.

As for the draft on paper there are some guys who can step into Danny's shoes. Then again the 49ers thought A J Jenkins was worthy of a first round pick last year.

For the record I don't believe the Rams should break the bank to keep Danny. However, IMO they will have to at least match and probably beat the deal Meachem got last year (14 mil guarnateed)

I disagree with that. Meachem was signed by a franchise that had desperate, win-now minded front office people. Not to mention, Meachum came from a high notoriety offense, which (inexplicably) always seems to translate into value inflation.

Danny is from the opposite, and his lack of superior physical traits will keep his value low enough to be retained by us. He is clearly a scheme specific player. I will admit though, if New England decides to move on from Welker, there could be some serious competition from them.

Conquest8089

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amendola is represented by Erik Burkhardt & Jeff Nalley of Select Sports Group. These bozos negotiated a terrible extension for Jordy Nelson a few years ago, and should look to cash-in with Amendola to rebuild their credibility in getting Wide Receivers paid.

Comparable Deals:
WR Antonio Brown (24) 5 Years 42.5 Million (25.0 M Guaranteed)

Amendola is one of the most productive slot WRs when healthy & critical to the the Rams converting 3rd Downs. The issue is he lies somehwhere between an overpaid Antonio Brown & a run of the mill slot WR.

He's not completely replaceable as many assume slot WRs are. That's evidenced by the offenses regression without his presence. At the same time, if Amendola wants that Antonio Brown type deal (which was a huge overpay); the Rams should Franchise him.

Offer: 5 Years 30.0 Million (13.5 M Guaranteed)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: