Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Danny Amendola
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jonezy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
4-5 Million would be a steal for Amendola.

For a 14-16 games a year DA, yes it would be. For the Danny we have been getting, no sir.

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
You guys are selling Amendola short, When he's on the field! Sam Bradfords numbers are damm good. Not to mention he always gets open, Dude is a slot killer.

I'm also not a huge fan of him. I thought he would be replaceable with Salas but I was wrong. Danny Amendola is the truth, Too bad about his injuries though.

And its not even the slot, he has put i work on the top corners while being on the outside.
yrba1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
You guys are selling Amendola short, When he's on the field! Sam Bradfords numbers are damm good. Not to mention he always gets open, Dude is a slot killer.

I'm also not a huge fan of him. I thought he would be replaceable with Salas but I was wrong. Danny Amendola is the truth, Too bad about his injuries though.

And its not even the slot, he has put i work on the top corners while being on the outside.

And that's the problem with Amendola this season. He needs to stop playing bigger than his size. I'll give props to him for willing to do so but there's only so much pain you can handle until your body quits on you. I'd be willing to give the 4-5 million dollar deal but he better play strictly in the slot and minimize the impact of big hits.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:

no were not, you are completely underrating how big a factor injuries are. If he can't stay healthy than his value is limited.

Shoot they let Alexander go, because of injuries, and he was just as good a receiver, far cheaper and had far more upside.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DerekBrink wrote:
El ramster wrote:

no were not, you are completely underrating how big a factor injuries are. If he can't stay healthy than his value is limited.

Shoot they let Alexander go, because of injuries, and he was just as good a receiver, far cheaper and had far more upside.

Amedola doesn't have regenerative knees though, Alexander won't be walking by the time he's 40. Amendola's injuries are just freak accidents. Denario would provide 6-8 plays for us in a 5-8 week span. Amendola always comes up big. He's a keeper, We would have beaten the Niners if It wasn't for Gibby.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yrba1 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

And that's the problem with Amendola this season. He needs to stop playing bigger than his size. I'll give props to him for willing to do so but there's only so much pain you can handle until your body quits on you. I'd be willing to give the 4-5 million dollar deal but he better play strictly in the slot and minimize the impact of big hits.

You have to make chicken salad out of chicken ish. Our receivers started coming on till the end of the season. A little too late, I'm

just hoping that Quick will explode. No way a WR with those physical attributes could stuggle much longer. Dude could jump out the gym, Just need to get down the mental part.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure the Rams are going to do the smart thing and let the market determine his value. If the market value is too high for his contribution to our team, he will be leaving. If the value is still managable for us, we do our best to resign him. The ball is in his court honestly, he can sign with whomever he wants.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Danny wants to come back here and that likely will make him reach a deal favorable to the Rams. He knows that he and Sam have a great connection going but he can't stay healthy. I think he'll sign a 2-3 year deal around 3 million per to come back.
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
yrba1 wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

You have to make chicken salad out of chicken ish. Our receivers started coming on till the end of the season. A little too late, I'm

just hoping that Quick will explode. No way a WR with those physical attributes could stuggle much longer. Dude could jump out the gym, Just need to get down the mental part.

Yrba thats a great point, hopefully we get a number one WR this year so we can.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Amedola doesn't have regenerative knees though, Alexander won't be walking by the time he's 40. Amendola's injuries are just freak accidents. Denario would provide 6-8 plays for us in a 5-8 week span. Amendola always comes up big. He's a keeper, We would have beaten the Niners if It wasn't for Gibby.
Individually? Sure I can let you have that argument, but the difference with Danny is that he continuously puts himself in harms way. While it may be for the betterment o the team, trying to win the game, thats great, but it far too often has caused him to result in a major and ability inhibiting injury.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Individually? Sure I can let you have that argument, but the difference with Danny is that he continuously puts himself in harms way. While it may be for the betterment o the team, trying to win the game, thats great, but it far too often has caused him to result in a major and ability inhibiting injury.

I agree! It's getting a little crazy, But we have nothing better at the moment. We can't follow the next man up mantra because we aren't talented Laughing Just as our CB's fell in 2011. Rather than cutting talent, Let's hold onto it. We have zero guys other than Amendola that can ball.

Lance was improving(Isn't a finished product yet), Gibson is well Gibson. Givens had his moments ala Alexander, and Pettis well, What can I say?

Our hopes lie in FA,Draft, Quick and Givens combo.

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
El ramster wrote:

I agree! It's getting a little crazy, But we have nothing better at the moment. We can't follow the next man up mantra because we aren't talented Laughing Just as our CB's fell in 2011. Rather than cutting talent, Let's hold onto it. We have zero guys other than Amendola that can ball.

Lance was improving(Isn't a finished product yet), Gibson is well Gibson. Givens had his moments ala Alexander, and Pettis well, What can I say?

Our hopes lie in FA,Draft, Quick and Givens combo.
We dont have Him at the moment So its not like we are deciding between Danny at League Minimum, or cutting him and paying the same type of player $5mil per year.

All things are equal at this point, every WR option is at the same level at this point, now we have to figure out what the Cost/Reward for each is and find that best possible Combo for 3, possibly 4 new weapons this offseason.
DerekBrink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
DerekBrink wrote:
El ramster wrote:

If someone continuously gets injured it's not a freak accident.

Also Alexander was very young when he played with us. He contributed a lot more before age 24 than Amendola did and Alexander had a better season this year than Danny ever has.

Listen I like Danny but people acting like he can't replaced are crazy. Austin is an even better receiver, not injury prone and a far better playmaker.

If Danny wants more than 5 or 6 million than no way we should resign him. Draft Austin to replace him and resign Gibson.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys say that everyone is selling Danny short but I think the same can be said for Pettis. I say he proved he can fill that role allowing us to save money too.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Jameis Winston
3. Brett Hundley
S-jax39

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
You guys say that everyone is selling Danny short but I think the same can be said for Pettis. I say he proved he can fill that role allowing us to save money too.

Yeah...no. He really didnt. That would be a major downgrade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: