Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

spilltray's mock 2.0 (with pics!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tight end int he first is a stupid hypothetical that doesn't even merrit serious discussion
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornOnDaCobb wrote:
tight end int he first is a stupid hypothetical that doesn't even merrit serious discussion

Oh come on. Don't act all indignant. It's nowhere near as ridiculous as "Could Clay Play ILB?" or "How about moving Hayward to FS?"

Unlike both of those, there is no reason at all not to consider a TE in the first. It's not like I said a FB, K, P, or QB. If I had, you could be a jerk. Instead, STFU.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate it. Too many jayhawks.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

1?

Laughing

I understand you seem to hate everything from the state of Kansas, but even the worst dumps have a treasure or two.

What are your thoughts on Jordy Nelson? Or is it specific to Kansas not Kansas St?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

1?

Laughing

I understand you seem to hate everything from the state of Kansas, but even the worst dumps have a treasure or two.

What are your thoughts on Jordy Nelson? Or is it specific to Kansas not Kansas St?

Specific to kU. Not a big fan of k-State either, at least they aren't beakers though.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
spilltray wrote:
DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

1?

Laughing

Specific to kU. Not a big fan of k-State either, at least they aren't beakers though.

Well other than the 1 guy from Kansas (isn't it offset by Williams from Missouri Southern State anyway?) do you have any opinion?
jfinley88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say there's like a 5% chance Jennings is tag n traded
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of my "liked" prospects in this mock. The only selection I really do not want is the OT. I would rather give Trg that guy with some length that he is so wanting. I think another plugger in the middle that you got will help spell the nose but I would like to see another DE added with that length component. I keep coming back to Steinkuler as a solid addition that will definitely add to the POA in this defense if he is ever healthy. Laughing
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jfinley88 wrote:
I say there's like a 5% chance Jennings is tag n traded

And I disagree. The fact of the matter is he has a realistic shot of getting that sort of money, and the Packers would be able to pay him that tag if they are unable to move him. This isn't a Matt Flynn scenario, this is closer to a Corey Williams situation, where his value to other teams is higher than his value to the Packers, but even if they can't trade him, the franchise tag for one more year isn't a horrible deal for the Packers.

I just don't see any of those DL with length that I think will end up being good value/slot. In theory I'd like to see one, I just don't see it happening. this year. Pickett, Raji, Worthy, Neal, Daniels, Wilson, I just don't see much spot for a rookie to break into that.
KManX89

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
packattack86 wrote:
If we let Finley go I'd be fine w/ us grabbing Eifert or Ertz, Jefferson is ok, maybe not worth a 2nd. Love Taylor. Not a fan of Swope. The rest is good depth, and I like that Williams kid at DT.

Even if Finley isn't let go, I don't think resigning him past 2013 is very likely.

This.

Also, I love the Eifert/Ertz acquisition (I'd be totally fine with either one of them) because it would allow us to use a 2 TE set for at least one year with him and Finley. Finley most likely won't be kept beyond next year, so I figure we should get the most out of him while we still can. An Eifert/Ertz-Finley 2 TE set would be unreal.

As for the mock itself, I like it, though I would prefer Gio Bernard, Montee Ball, or Eddie Lacy over Stepan Taylor. I wouldn't want to use a 2nd round pick on a RB, though, which is as far as Lacy will go so either take Montee Ball in the 3rd, Le'Veon Bell in the 4th or, if he drops that far, take a chance on Lattimore in the 5th. Some desperate team will most likely reach for him in the 3rd or 4th, though.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fist of all I love this mock. Now perhaps i would draft a RB in round 2 becuase htere should be a few good ones still around but Taylor certainly is not a bad pick either. I don't think Finley is gone next year even f they go TE in round 1. If the Packers had better TE's on the roster now then maybe I see your point, but they don't. I am starting to think DE in round 1 if one if one the top ones are still available becuase Worthy may not be ready until mid-season next year, but the best TE in college football is a great pick for this team too.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
As for the mock itself, I like it, though I would prefer Gio Bernard, Montee Ball, or Eddie Lacy over Stepan Taylor. I wouldn't want to use a 2nd round pick on a RB, though, which is as far as Lacy will go so either take Montee Ball in the 3rd, Le'Veon Bell in the 4th or, if he drops that far, take a chance on Lattimore in the 5th. Some desperate team will most likely reach for him in the 3rd or 4th, though.

I don't like any of those RB outside of Bernard and I think he'll be a high to mid 2nd. I don't think any of them have much of anything to offer in the passing game and that is more important than anything else.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
I am starting to think DE in round 1 if one if one the top ones are still available becuase Worthy may not be ready until mid-season next year

False. Worthy is expected to be 100% ready to go by the start of TC. The only question is how much it will effect OTAs.
CornOnDaCobb

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:

Oh come on. Don't act all indignant. It's nowhere near as ridiculous as "Could Clay Play ILB?" or "How about moving Hayward to FS?"

Unlike both of those, there is no reason at all not to consider a TE in the first. It's not like I said a FB, K, P, or QB. If I had, you could be a jerk. Instead, STFU.

Treat others how you want to be treated. Its not different than what you say on my posts.
spilltray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CornOnDaCobb wrote:
spilltray wrote:
CornOnDaCobb wrote:

Treat others how you want to be treated. Its not different than what you say on my posts.

Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers, but what you are doing here is just trolling.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: