Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigskin Plato wrote:
JWingate wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Pigskin Plato wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Desperado Dan wrote:
Oops, I totally had a brain fart.

What I meant to ask, is:

How does Warmack compare to David Decastro coming out last year?

Different kind of players I think. DeCastro might have been better coming out, but not by much. And Warmack, because of his size and athleticism, has the much higher ceiling IMO

They are different players, but Warmack is not the superior athlete. That would go to DeCastro. One of Warmack's few flaws is that he isn't a great athlete. He makes up for it with his ferociously aggressive style and mean streak.

I disagree. Warmack is a very underrated athlete, and I though DD was kind of stiff. But neither are close to Cooper's level in terms of athleticism.

True. Neither are in Cooper's league as an athlete. I'd be very happy with either of them.

My question is now that (correct me if I jumped the gun on this) Callahan is calling the plays, will we be looking for a nasty run-blocker like Warmack for a power running game, or are we looking at more of a ZBS which would then fit Cooper like a glove? I don't remember his offense in Oakland well enough to decifer what he looks for in lineman, and what kind of system he'll run now. Either way, I'd be ecstatic with either. Building up to be a great draft for the trenches.

They had a big heavy O line. But I don't take that of a sign that they will look to get big fat guys to the 'boys, I think they simply go with who they think are the best.
- Cooper is an very underrated runblocker, IMO. Just has a different blocking style then Warmack that doesn't get the same attention.

I agree with this. Warmack is a mauler which is always fun to watch like say a Larry Allen. Cooper just contains his guy in the run block when pulling, but also gets chances to get to the next level. I believe if Cooper added more strength and developed a better hand punch he would be a type of prospect that Larry Allen was.

Agree with all of this :lol:. Pairing Smith and Cooper together would give us stability on the left for the next decade, and given that I'm a fan of the ZBS, drafting Cooper would allow us to shift to that. He's got an incredibly high ceiling, more so than any guard I can think of recently. And while we're at it, I think that the reason DeCastro fell last year was likely because many didn't feel he had a very high ceiling. His floor was fantastic, and a guaranteed plug and play, but the ceiling wasn't enough to draft him in the top 20. My little theory at least.
your theories are welcome here.

I am a huge Tyron Believer(if anyone remembers my Draft Tyron Campaign) and i would like to see him on a semi competent O-Line.

I liked Cooper alot on the video i saw. he nearly always gets to the second level. Interesting to see what way they go on the Interior Oline.

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:

Quote:
I agree with this. Warmack is a mauler which is always fun to watch like say a Larry Allen. Cooper just contains his guy in the run block when pulling, but also gets chances to get to the next level. I believe if Cooper added more strength and developed a better hand punch he would be a type of prospect that Larry Allen was.

I disagree. Cooper can be real good. Maybe even a pro bowler. However he wasn't born with what Larry was born with. All the strength and conditioning in the world won't make him like Larry. Cooper is a pure technician. Larry was naturally bigger and stronger. Two totally different types of players. He weighs 295 right now. He would need a lot of lead in his pants to become similar to Larry.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Quote:

I disagree. Cooper can be real good. Maybe even a pro bowler. However he wasn't born with what Larry was born with. All the strength and conditioning in the world won't make him like Larry. Cooper is a pure technician. Larry was naturally bigger and stronger. Two totally different types of players. He weighs 295 right now. He would need a lot of lead in his pants to become similar to Larry.

NFLDraftscout.com has him at 310. Think that he's going to weight in at that range at the combine, 305-310'ish. Not that it makes him comparable to Allen, just that I doubt he will weight in under 300 since that would make his stock take a hit.
JWingate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Quote:

NFLDraftscout.com has him at 310. Think that he's going to weight in at that range at the combine, 305-310'ish. Not that it makes him comparable to Allen, just that I doubt he will weight in under 300 since that would make his stock take a hit.

If a offensive guard weights between 295-310 I am very happy with that. Plus, if they look like they can add strength.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Quote:

Not saying at all that Cooper is going to be the exact same player that Larry Allen was, but he can compare to him if he was able to become a mauler. I do not believe we will find another player with the strength/athletic ability that Allen had, but again if Cooper can become a mauler he will be able to dominate the POA that Allen did while also having unreal athletic ability.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Quote:

If a offensive guard weights between 295-310 I am very happy with that. Plus, if they look like they can add strength.

If i'm considering to take a guard in the top 20, I would want it to have been proved that he can get over 300lbs and move nice. I don't think it's going to be a problem for Cooper..
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
JWingate wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Quote:

If i'm considering to take a guard in the top 20, I would want it to have been proved that he can get over 300lbs and move nice. I don't think it's going to be a problem for Cooper..

I have no problems drafting Cooper because he played at North Carolina. Even though Butch Davis didn't coach him this past season, he recruited and coached Cooper, and that's good enough for me.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
NYDC4life

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
JWingate wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Quote:

I have no problems drafting Cooper because he played at North Carolina. Even though Butch Davis didn't coach him this past season, he recruited and coached Cooper, and that's good enough for me.

Add Sylvester Williams and Brennan Williams to that list. I'm full go with that.

The_Slamman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pigskin Plato wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Desperado Dan wrote:
Oops, I totally had a brain fart.

What I meant to ask, is:

How does Warmack compare to David Decastro coming out last year?

Different kind of players I think. DeCastro might have been better coming out, but not by much. And Warmack, because of his size and athleticism, has the much higher ceiling IMO

They are different players, but Warmack is not the superior athlete. That would go to DeCastro. One of Warmack's few flaws is that he isn't a great athlete. He makes up for it with his ferociously aggressive style and mean streak.

I disagree. Warmack is a very underrated athlete, and I though DD was kind of stiff. But neither are close to Cooper's level in terms of athleticism.

True. Neither are in Cooper's league as an athlete. I'd be very happy with either of them.

My question is now that (correct me if I jumped the gun on this) Callahan is calling the plays, will we be looking for a nasty run-blocker like Warmack for a power running game, or are we looking at more of a ZBS which would then fit Cooper like a glove? I don't remember his offense in Oakland well enough to decifer what he looks for in lineman, and what kind of system he'll run now. Either way, I'd be ecstatic with either. Building up to be a great draft for the trenches.

That's the great question that none of us can really answer. In 2011, there was a lot of talk of having a more athletic OL that could move well in space. All of us probably thought that was the direction for the immediate future. Then, all of that changed in 2012 when they brought in Livings and Burninduece who are the exact opposite of athletic OLmen. Where does that leave us?

It's anybody's guess.

My guess is that it will probably depend on what happens with Doug Free this offseason. If the team decides to go with Jeremy Parnell, I would probably prefer more athletic guards to match Parnell and Smith.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Quote:

Cooper is at 305 right now. Gaining 10 since the end of the season. My mistake.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20130209/ARTICLES/130209580/1005/sports10?p=2&tc=pg

Allen he will never be. It will be interesting to see if he can carry more than 300 during the season. Some guys just can't keep that kind of weight.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
JWingate wrote:

Quote:

Cooper is at 305 right now. Gaining 10 since the end of the season. My mistake.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/article/20130209/ARTICLES/130209580/1005/sports10?p=2&tc=pg

Allen he will never be. It will be interesting to see if he can carry more than 300 during the season. Some guys just can't keep that kind of weight.

Al Johnson is a great example of that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were a huge fail in a zbs. The following year the coaching staff went back to power blocking. Just one of the reasons I don't trust this staff. Doesn't seem they have a plan and an ability to stick with it. Our o line isn't cerebral enough for a zbs. I hope we don't go back to the zbs. I prefer just mauling the d line and wearing them down. I would be good with Cooper but would prefer Warmack, If we don't get either in the first I would like Warford in the second. He plays on Mac's side of the line.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
We were a huge fail in a zbs. The following year the coaching staff went back to power blocking. Just one of the reasons I don't trust this staff. Doesn't seem they have a plan and an ability to stick with it. Our o line isn't cerebral enough for a zbs. I hope we don't go back to the zbs. I prefer just mauling the d line and wearing them down. I would be good with Cooper but would prefer Warmack, If we don't get either in the first I would like Warford in the second. He plays on Mac's side of the line.

I think Warford falling to our pick is beginning to be somewhat of just a dream. As I've said before, I believe that the Titans won't go OG with a top 10 pick, and if Warford is avalible at their 2nd rounder then they have to take him so that is the longest I see him last. But I think that either the Cardinals or Lions already will have picked him at that point. Dolphins is another team who would take a look at him before we pick.
- just so many OG needy teams picking infront of us.. And Warford, should be the first OG picked in the 2nd round now with Barrett Jones having that injury.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

I think Warford falling to our pick is beginning to be somewhat of just a dream. As I've said before, I believe that the Titans won't go OG with a top 10 pick, and if Warford is avalible at their 2nd rounder then they have to take him so that is the longest I see him last. But I think that either the Cardinals or Lions already will have picked him at that point. Dolphins is another team who would take a look at him before we pick.
- just so many OG needy teams picking infront of us.. And Warford, should be the first OG picked in the 2nd round now with Barrett Jones having that injury.

Dk I think we have a shot at Warford if we go d line in the first. D linemen usually go before o linemen unless they are a stud ot. If not Warford then Frederick. I think we can get one of the two. Which would be a win for us.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
DKDALfan wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Dk I think we have a shot at Warford if we go d line in the first. D linemen usually go before o linemen unless they are a stud ot. If not Warford then Frederick. I think we can get one of the two. Which would be a win for us.

Completely agree. Guards/centers are always undervalued on draft day, which is great for us this year. If we could go Floyd/Richardson and then Warford/Frederick, I would consider the draft a win.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: