Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

How big a difference would 2 hof guards make on this team ? Even one ? It still starts on the lines. Look at the Ravens and Niners. There were times Flacco and Kaepernick could drink a galss of water behind those lines. 30 minutes ago or 30 years ago...if Dallas had some stud guards it would cure a lot of ill's on offense.

No one was arguing that landing a guard wouldn't be lucrative, the contention is that (based on past experiences) guards fall. A few examples over the scope of overwhelming evidence are not enough to buck the trend.

I didn't think he was arguing at all . Did you take offense to my comment ?
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

How big a difference would 2 hof guards make on this team ? Even one ? It still starts on the lines. Look at the Ravens and Niners. There were times Flacco and Kaepernick could drink a galss of water behind those lines. 30 minutes ago or 30 years ago...if Dallas had some stud guards it would cure a lot of ill's on offense.

No one was arguing that landing a guard wouldn't be lucrative, the contention is that (based on past experiences) guards fall. A few examples over the scope of overwhelming evidence are not enough to buck the trend.

Offense? No. Your attitude wasn't directed at me. As such, I took no issue.

It just seemed the conversation shifted from the prospect of how early a guard typically goes to the necessity of grabbing one.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Offense? No. Your attitude wasn't directed at me. As such, I took no issue.

It just seemed the conversation shifted from the prospect of how early a guard typically goes to the necessity of grabbing one.

Exactly which reply are you talking about ?
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:

Since I am not sure to which of the two comments you are referring to I will answer both.

The Attitude was a quote from GD.

The Shift came after Plan9 mentioned someone had two OG's going in the top 10 - which I felt was ridiculous to which there was a discussion to when in the history that has happened - to which evidence of 30 years past was brought up - to which relevance was discussed - to which the discussion of a HOF guard came up.

In Redball I Trust!
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Since I am not sure to which of the two comments you are referring to I will answer both.

The Attitude was a quote from GD.

The Shift came after Plan9 mentioned someone had two OG's going in the top 10 - which I felt was ridiculous to which there was a discussion to when in the history that has happened - to which evidence of 30 years past was brought up - to which relevance was discussed - to which the discussion of a HOF guard came up.

To which I ask why the reply to me about arguing ?

Outlaw it doesn't matter what you think or anyone else. It's all opinions and you can agree with them or not. GD was stating his. You state yours. What's the problem ? The more people comment the more directions a particular thread will travel. So what if you don't think a guard will be chosen in the top 10. Someone else may disagree.

To which I say"it's ok".
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't view any argument. Nor did I take offense. I don't think there is a problem. So....

When I said "no one is arguing" I didn't mean it with any sort of venom or distraction, it was a way of saying, "I don't think anyone is articulating the view that."

In Redball I Trust!
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel Kiper mock 2.0:

Quote:
Analysis: Follow my Big Board week to week and you're probably surprised I could fathom a situation where Warmack is still around at No. 18. But remember, the mock also takes into account where I hear teams are valuing guys, and in the case of a player like Warmack, the positional value aspect hurts him as a guard. Make no mistake, he's a stud, a dominant guard who makes your offensive line better the second he signs his contract. But he's staying inside, period, limiting his shot at the top 10. Dallas could certainly use an upgrade at guard, and I don't think the Cowboys can pass up Warmack at this spot on the board if he's available.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Mel Kiper mock 2.0:

Quote:
Analysis: Follow my Big Board week to week and you're probably surprised I could fathom a situation where Warmack is still around at No. 18. But remember, the mock also takes into account where I hear teams are valuing guys, and in the case of a player like Warmack, the positional value aspect hurts him as a guard. Make no mistake, he's a stud, a dominant guard who makes your offensive line better the second he signs his contract. But he's staying inside, period, limiting his shot at the top 10. Dallas could certainly use an upgrade at guard, and I don't think the Cowboys can pass up Warmack at this spot on the board if he's available.

I am actually interested in the Bama connection. Saban has Jason's ear. So I am curious as to who (of the wealth of talent Bama has declaring in this draft) Saban recommends the most.

In Redball I Trust!
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I didn't view any argument. Nor did I take offense. I don't think there is a problem. So....

When I said "no one is arguing" I didn't mean it with any sort of venom or distraction, it was a way of saying, "I don't think anyone is articulating the view that."

Good !
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Mel Kiper mock 2.0:

Quote:

I am actually interested in the Bama connection. Saban has Jason's ear. So I am curious as to who (of the wealth of talent Bama has declaring in this draft) Saban recommends the most.

Outlaw who are your top 5 from Bama ?
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Mel Kiper mock 2.0:

Quote:

On the OL or overall talent?

I personally like Warmack the best. Dee Milliner (although not a need for us). Eddie Lacy would be next (for this draft). Barrett Jones after that (although after that shove he actually went up on my book. Laughing ) Fluker and Williams are tied for last in my eyes.

1. Warmack
2. Milliner
3. Lacy
4. Jones
5. Fluker
6. Williams
7. Lester (although I always thought he would be better than Barron. He was just awful this year).

In Redball I Trust!
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Mel Kiper mock 2.0:

Quote:

On the OL or overall talent?

I personally like Warmack the best. Dee Milliner (although not a need for us). Eddie Lacy would be next (for this draft). Barrett Jones after that (although after that shove he actually went up on my book. Laughing ) Fluker and Williams are tied for last in my eyes.

1. Warmack
2. Milliner
3. Lacy
4. Jones
5. Fluker
6. Williams
7. Lester (although I always thought he would be better than Barron. He was just awful this year).

I have them as follows:

1. Warmack
2. Fluker
3. Lacy
4. Milliner
5. Williams (not a first rounder imo)
6. Jones

I liked Jones a lot at the beginning of the season. The more I watched though his guards made it easy for him. Steen is good . Real good and made life easy for him.

I will cry if we draft Lester.
Desperado Dan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops, I totally had a brain fart.

What I meant to ask, is:

How does Warmack compare to David Decastro coming out last year?

The eyes of Texas are upon you...
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
Mel Kiper mock 2.0:

Quote:

See, people? This is the kind of rationale that I've been talking about for years. Even though Warmack is easily one of the 5 best players in the entire draft, his position will cause him to fall, and it will happen again.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado Dan wrote:
Oops, I totally had a brain fart.

What I meant to ask, is:

How does Warmack compare to David Decastro coming out last year?

Different kind of players I think. DeCastro might have been better coming out, but not by much. And Warmack, because of his size and athleticism, has the much higher ceiling IMO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: