Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama Reply with quote

swindlemaster wrote:
Do you think the Cowboys would trade a third round pick to move up for Warmack-g if he drops to that range?You could move up to pick 14.

Contrary to what all the experts say, I do not believe Warmack or Cooper will go inside the top 20. Those experts were saying that we might not have a chance last year at getting Decastro, who they thought was the best guard in a decade, when we were picking at #14. He was taken at #24, and the next guy Cordy Glenn was expected to go late 1 early 2. I believe we can move down to around 22-24, and we will at worst still have Cooper, who I prefer, available. Not to mention, they are a number of guys that should be available in the 2nd or 3rd that have G and RT ability.
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeCastro was better and went 24th overall. Its a new year with different players that can affect where warmack will be drafted, but you cant ignore the history of when guards are drafted either. Take your chances. There are other guards in the draft. Stay put and take the BPA. We need to build the trenches on both sides of the ball.
Northland

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dboys88-82 wrote:
DeCastro was better and went 24th overall. Its a new year with different players that can affect where warmack will be drafted, but you cant ignore the history of when guards are drafted either. Take your chances. There are other guards in the draft. Stay put and take the BPA. We need to build the trenches on both sides of the ball.

Agree with staying put or even trading down to acquire a few more picks. We have a lot of needs.
SHSTE92

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't trade up for a guard. Won't be angry to get Warmack/Cooper with the 18 but wouldn't be angry moving down and getting more draft picks and getting Warford.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fredsnotdeadyet wrote:
that is a terrible move when we could move down, pick up extra picks and take the best OG/C in the draft in Johnathan Cooper from UNC.

Very Happy

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a trade from 18 to around 24 -26 would be ideal. That would net us a extra 3rd and our draft could go something a little like this.

rd1 = Barrett Jones, C/G, Alabama
rd2 = Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
rd3 = Tony Jefferson, S, Oklahoma
rd3 = Alvin Bailey, OT/G, Arkansas
rd4 = Jamie Collins, SLB, Southern Miss
rd5 = Michael Dyer, RB, Arkansas State
rd6 = David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State

A draft like this would make for a very happy cowboy fan! What say you?

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Barrett Jones but I think he drops because of his foot injury. Don't know if I would pick him in the first.
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Chance Warmack, OG, Alabama Reply with quote

swindlemaster wrote:
Do you think the Cowboys would trade a third round pick to move up for Warmack-g if he drops to that range?You could move up to pick 14.

Sit tight I think the guards will fall. If anything maybe we trade down and get some additional picks.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Warmack being gone by 10 and very likely that Cooper could be gone at 16. I see Warmack with the Titans and Cooper with the Rams. Warford would be a perfect fit in the second round. He would replace Mac. I believe Sheldon Richardson will be the Cowboys target in the first round.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
I see Warmack being gone by 10 and very likely that Cooper could be gone at 16. I see Warmack with the Titans and Cooper with the Rams. Warford would be a perfect fit in the second round. He would replace Mac. I believe Sheldon Richardson will be the Cowboys target in the first round.

Name one guard who has ever gone top 10

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Exactly. That's why I openly laughed out loud when I saw Albert Breer's mock draft where he had both Warmack and Cooper going in the top 10. It just won't happen. One of those two guys, if not both of them, will be available to us at 18.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Exactly. That's why I openly laughed out loud when I saw Albert Breer's mock draft where he had both Warmack and Cooper going in the top 10. It just won't happen. One of those two guys, if not both of them, will be available to us at 18.

Wait. He had both in the top 10? Laughing Laughing Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
JWingate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

I don't get why people are so high on Warmack when Cooper can do so much more and has more potential.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JWingate wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

I don't get why people are so high on Warmack when Cooper can do so much more and has more potential.

This. I don't get why Warmack is so hyped compared to Cooper..
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKDALfan wrote:
JWingate wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

This. I don't get why Warmack is so hyped compared to Cooper..

It's the team he played for, and the fact that their line was so dominant. I'm hoping they are both there at #18, so we can me down and take Cooper later.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: