Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

VR's Super Bowl Week Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jam8891

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
There are also those, connected with the Vikings, that believed his outburst prior to this season had nothing to do with money.

Every coach and player clash at some point it doesnt mean they want to leave. you're listening to what the media says. They kept saying he wanted a trade, even though he didnt say it because when it came to the Vikings there was nothing to talk about lol. You notice when AD started to approach Erik Dickersons' record for most rushing yards in a season we didnt hear anything else out of it. Now that the season is over the rumors surface again. I really do not think its as big a deal as people are making it out to be
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually still heard plenty of it, particularly because he stopped tweeting about the team, and wasn't with the team during the season's final stretch.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't know why jam8891 thinks speculation over trading Harvin is driven by the media, since it was Harvin himself that made an issue of it.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
jam8891

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
I actually still heard plenty of it, particularly because he stopped tweeting about the team, and wasn't with the team during the season's final stretch.

Well thats probably because you were on the internet searching for anything after his dispute with the Frazier that could be misconstrued that he WANTS to be traded. I heard nothing about it. Also, No he doesn't. Its always money. Always has been always will be.
jam8891

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i don't know why jam8891 thinks speculation over trading Harvin is driven by the media, since it was Harvin himself that made an issue of it.

We have no proof he EVER stated that! Wow man, if I'm wrong give me a link that shows him saying it. Show me where he asked for a trade
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no proof backing up your claim that it's all about money, yet you're equally sure of yourself.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jam8891 wrote:
Its always money. Always has been always will be.

Percy Harvin in a Twitter tweet around June 20: "Fans, I said I have issues to be worked out money not at all being the problem."

Webmaster wrote:
jam8891

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
There is no proof backing up your claim that it's all about money, yet you're equally sure of yourself.

Im sure of myself because if he didnt say he wanted a trade, but made it obvious he wants more money. Why make it into something its not? He just wants more money. If there is a video of Harvin PUBLICLY stating he wanted a trade please show me. lol If Im wrong, (I dont believe I am) but if i am wrong, please show me the proof so I can stop insisting on this causing me to come off a know-it-all.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jam8891 wrote:
Im sure of myself because if he didnt say he wanted a trade, but made it obvious he wants more money. Why make it into something its not? He just wants more money.

Percy Harvin in a Twitter tweet around June 20: "Fans, I said I have issues to be worked out money not at all being the problem."

but we do have a specific thread for discussing all things Harvin, so we probably should take this conversation to it there.

Webmaster wrote:
jam8891

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="vike daddy"]
jam8891 wrote:
Its always money. Always has been always will be.

Percy Harvin in a Twitter tweet around June 20: "Fans, I said I have issues to be worked out money not at all being the problem."[/quote

Ok, refer to a previous post, I said he isnt going to say he wants more money but its obvious by just looking at his salary. He is vastly underpaid and deserves it. Now back to the point, where is the demand for a trade?
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jam8891 wrote:
Ok, refer to a previous post, I said he isnt going to say he wants more money but its obvious by just looking at his salary. He is vastly underpaid and deserves it.

now wait a doggone minute, pardner...

you can't state it's just about the money with Harvin and that's what he said, when he didn't. in fact, he flatly denied it's about the money. you can't sidestep you made a major point to your view (that it's just a salary concern) when Harvin directly said it is NOT a salary concern, and there are multiple other issues for him.

Webmaster wrote:
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvin did not demand a trade
Harvin says (on record) moneys not the problem.

Regardless if you think Harvin is holding back his true intension, all we're doing is making assumption out of absolutely nothing concrete.

Management has come out and said they have confidence in Harvin

Last edited by CriminalMind on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as to Harvin actually saying he wants to be traded, you are correct, there is no published quote from him saying that.

ESPN's John Clayton was the one who reported it, citing "sources." and i have long held that'[s not totally reliable unless we know who the sources are, and can thus judge their credibility.

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
Regardless if you think Harvin is holding back his true intension, all we're doing is making assumption out of nothing concrete.

that, i agree to also.

Webmaster wrote:
jam8891

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
jam8891 wrote:
Im sure of myself because if he didnt say he wanted a trade, but made it obvious he wants more money. Why make it into something its not? He just wants more money.

but we do have a specific thread for discussing all things Harvin, so we probably should take this conversation to it there.

And this is a thread discussing the offseason. With one of the main points being Percy Harvins' future... I think its ok to comment on it when asked for our opinions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: