You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Salary Cap Situation to end the season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dessie


Joined: 02 Feb 2006
Posts: 6644
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
"According to Profootballtalk.com, there is "speculation in league circles" that the Cardinals are "waiting" for the Raiders to release Carson Palmer."

Hopefully Reggie knows this and trys to trade him. No reason for us to release him now. Read also today that we actually have around 8mill cap space left.


How do we trade a Qb with a $13m cap hit?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dat Raider


Joined: 20 Oct 2008
Posts: 4708
Location: London aka LDN
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
"According to Profootballtalk.com, there is "speculation in league circles" that the Cardinals are "waiting" for the Raiders to release Carson Palmer."

Hopefully Reggie knows this and trys to trade him. No reason for us to release him now. Read also today that we actually have around 8mill cap space left.


Essentially Arizona can trade for him and agree fore the restructure before the trade goes down. If we get a 2nd, that will be PERFECT!
_________________
RIP Al Davis. Thank you for this team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
"According to Profootballtalk.com, there is "speculation in league circles" that the Cardinals are "waiting" for the Raiders to release Carson Palmer."

Hopefully Reggie knows this and trys to trade him. No reason for us to release him now. Read also today that we actually have around 8mill cap space left.


Essentially Arizona can trade for him and agree fore the restructure before the trade goes down. If we get a 2nd, that will be PERFECT!


Palmer holds all the leverage. If he's cut, he gets paid by 2 teams in this case.

No team is trading for that contract. They know the Raiders can't keep him at that salary. The Raiders don't hold any weight in this situation at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 7308
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
"According to Profootballtalk.com, there is "speculation in league circles" that the Cardinals are "waiting" for the Raiders to release Carson Palmer."

Hopefully Reggie knows this and trys to trade him. No reason for us to release him now. Read also today that we actually have around 8mill cap space left.


Essentially Arizona can trade for him and agree fore the restructure before the trade goes down. If we get a 2nd, that will be PERFECT!


Palmer holds all the leverage. If he's cut, he gets paid by 2 teams in this case.

No team is trading for that contract. They know the Raiders can't keep him at that salary. The Raiders don't hold any weight in this situation at all.


The more I look at it, the more I start to differ on my opinion. Not when it comes to the Raiders vs Palmer, but the Raiders vs teams like the Cards and Jags. If it's true the Raiders are 8.5 million under due to an updated 7 million cap figure savings from Branch, cutting Kelly and reworking DHB's deal would leave us plenty under the cap to do enough this offseason. There would be no pressing need to dump Palmer just for the sake of dumping him. As of right now, the Raiders can keep him at that salary. It may not be the best salary in the world, but we are able to keep him. Which means we hold some leverage against the teams waiting for him to be dumped, we may be able to demand at least something from a trade by virtue of the fact that we do not need to cut Palmer.

Now nobody wants that contract, but teams Teams like Arizona are in worse QB shape than we are. They may just be willing to part with something to get the opportunity to get a decent gun slinging QB to pair with Fitz. I'm just saying anything can happen, and our backs aren't up against a wall this year like last. So when it comes to trading him vs cutting him vs keeping him, we hold a bit of leverage with a few desperate teams.
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
oakdb36


Joined: 02 Mar 2006
Posts: 17060
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Palmer holds all the leverage. If he's cut, he gets paid by 2 teams in this case.


Why?
_________________
Plush wrote:
Papa was a trolling stone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 26898
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Palmer holds all the leverage. If he's cut, he gets paid by 2 teams in this case.


Why?


Yeah i was wondering that two. Palmer money isnt guaranteed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 26898
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
"According to Profootballtalk.com, there is "speculation in league circles" that the Cardinals are "waiting" for the Raiders to release Carson Palmer."

Hopefully Reggie knows this and trys to trade him. No reason for us to release him now. Read also today that we actually have around 8mill cap space left.


Essentially Arizona can trade for him and agree fore the restructure before the trade goes down. If we get a 2nd, that will be PERFECT!


Palmer holds all the leverage. If he's cut, he gets paid by 2 teams in this case.

No team is trading for that contract. They know the Raiders can't keep him at that salary. The Raiders don't hold any weight in this situation at all.


The more I look at it, the more I start to differ on my opinion. Not when it comes to the Raiders vs Palmer, but the Raiders vs teams like the Cards and Jags. If it's true the Raiders are 8.5 million under due to an updated 7 million cap figure savings from Branch, cutting Kelly and reworking DHB's deal would leave us plenty under the cap to do enough this offseason. There would be no pressing need to dump Palmer just for the sake of dumping him. As of right now, the Raiders can keep him at that salary. It may not be the best salary in the world, but we are able to keep him. Which means we hold some leverage against the teams waiting for him to be dumped, we may be able to demand at least something from a trade by virtue of the fact that we do not need to cut Palmer.

Now nobody wants that contract, but teams Teams like Arizona are in worse QB shape than we are. They may just be willing to part with something to get the opportunity to get a decent gun slinging QB to pair with Fitz. I'm just saying anything can happen, and our backs aren't up against a wall this year like last. So when it comes to trading him vs cutting him vs keeping him, we hold a bit of leverage with a few desperate teams.


Yes arizona needs a QB badly but we still dont have much leverage if any. If we dont cut him we are hit for 28 million. So teams know we are most likely to cut him and wont offer us much. I would take a 4th and anything higher for Palmer right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NickButera


Moderator
Joined: 14 Sep 2009
Posts: 7308
Location: Nevada
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Palmer holds all the leverage. If he's cut, he gets paid by 2 teams in this case.


Why?


Yeah i was wondering that two. Palmer money isnt guaranteed.


I think there were two conflicting reports. One said we can dump him and not owe him anything, another came out shortly later and said we'd still owe him around 8 Million or so. Not entirely sure about that figure, just going off memory. Which isn't as good as it used to be....
_________________
Bah-Weep-Granah-Weep-Nini-Bong

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Big Rob


Joined: 24 Sep 2011
Posts: 3590
Location: Long Beach, Ca
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be down to trade Palmer for a 2nd, if it meant we could save some money...Im willing to roll wit TP6 in '13, to see what we got in him, if he sucks were a top 5 pick in a QB rich draft class with plenty of cap space to really shape the roster into a young competitive team...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group