You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Salary Cap Situation to end the season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
"According to Profootballtalk.com, there is "speculation in league circles" that the Cardinals are "waiting" for the Raiders to release Carson Palmer."

Hopefully Reggie knows this and trys to trade him. No reason for us to release him now. Read also today that we actually have around 8mill cap space left.

How do we trade a Qb with a $13m cap hit?
Dat Raider

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
"According to Profootballtalk.com, there is "speculation in league circles" that the Cardinals are "waiting" for the Raiders to release Carson Palmer."

Hopefully Reggie knows this and trys to trade him. No reason for us to release him now. Read also today that we actually have around 8mill cap space left.

Essentially Arizona can trade for him and agree fore the restructure before the trade goes down. If we get a 2nd, that will be PERFECT!
big_palooka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Essentially Arizona can trade for him and agree fore the restructure before the trade goes down. If we get a 2nd, that will be PERFECT!

Palmer holds all the leverage. If he's cut, he gets paid by 2 teams in this case.

No team is trading for that contract. They know the Raiders can't keep him at that salary. The Raiders don't hold any weight in this situation at all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

Palmer holds all the leverage. If he's cut, he gets paid by 2 teams in this case.

No team is trading for that contract. They know the Raiders can't keep him at that salary. The Raiders don't hold any weight in this situation at all.

The more I look at it, the more I start to differ on my opinion. Not when it comes to the Raiders vs Palmer, but the Raiders vs teams like the Cards and Jags. If it's true the Raiders are 8.5 million under due to an updated 7 million cap figure savings from Branch, cutting Kelly and reworking DHB's deal would leave us plenty under the cap to do enough this offseason. There would be no pressing need to dump Palmer just for the sake of dumping him. As of right now, the Raiders can keep him at that salary. It may not be the best salary in the world, but we are able to keep him. Which means we hold some leverage against the teams waiting for him to be dumped, we may be able to demand at least something from a trade by virtue of the fact that we do not need to cut Palmer.

Now nobody wants that contract, but teams Teams like Arizona are in worse QB shape than we are. They may just be willing to part with something to get the opportunity to get a decent gun slinging QB to pair with Fitz. I'm just saying anything can happen, and our backs aren't up against a wall this year like last. So when it comes to trading him vs cutting him vs keeping him, we hold a bit of leverage with a few desperate teams.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Why?
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Why?

Yeah i was wondering that two. Palmer money isnt guaranteed.
dante9876

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:

The more I look at it, the more I start to differ on my opinion. Not when it comes to the Raiders vs Palmer, but the Raiders vs teams like the Cards and Jags. If it's true the Raiders are 8.5 million under due to an updated 7 million cap figure savings from Branch, cutting Kelly and reworking DHB's deal would leave us plenty under the cap to do enough this offseason. There would be no pressing need to dump Palmer just for the sake of dumping him. As of right now, the Raiders can keep him at that salary. It may not be the best salary in the world, but we are able to keep him. Which means we hold some leverage against the teams waiting for him to be dumped, we may be able to demand at least something from a trade by virtue of the fact that we do not need to cut Palmer.

Now nobody wants that contract, but teams Teams like Arizona are in worse QB shape than we are. They may just be willing to part with something to get the opportunity to get a decent gun slinging QB to pair with Fitz. I'm just saying anything can happen, and our backs aren't up against a wall this year like last. So when it comes to trading him vs cutting him vs keeping him, we hold a bit of leverage with a few desperate teams.

Yes arizona needs a QB badly but we still dont have much leverage if any. If we dont cut him we are hit for 28 million. So teams know we are most likely to cut him and wont offer us much. I would take a 4th and anything higher for Palmer right now.
NickButera

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

Why?

Yeah i was wondering that two. Palmer money isnt guaranteed.

I think there were two conflicting reports. One said we can dump him and not owe him anything, another came out shortly later and said we'd still owe him around 8 Million or so. Not entirely sure about that figure, just going off memory. Which isn't as good as it used to be....

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be down to trade Palmer for a 2nd, if it meant we could save some money...Im willing to roll wit TP6 in '13, to see what we got in him, if he sucks were a top 5 pick in a QB rich draft class with plenty of cap space to really shape the roster into a young competitive team...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: