Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Salary Cap Situation to end the season
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Salary Cap Situation to end the season Reply with quote

I'm really interested in what our cap situation going into the offseason is looking like.

Experts have us at 4.5m over the cap.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1482116-calculating-2013-cap-space-for-every-nfl-team
http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-team-cap-space-6/

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-cbMWHYpSjDZnp6VVlLX3BfQUU/edit
This spread sheet I created from information off of spotrac.com.
I just copy and pasted and did the forumulas.

Basically I have us at 109M plus 4.5 carry over,,, 16.5M under the 121+4.5M salary cap.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000117300/article/franchise-tag-numbers-tentatively-set-2013-cap-near-121m
http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8822266/nfl-mailbag-carryover-rules-impact-cap-strategy

I think that Seymours 15m salary+roster bonus (-5.26m prorated signing bonus) is being included in the 4.5m over, because it wont come off the books til he decides to void the contract. Seymour voiding his deal saves us 9.74m.
BigD1123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either four over or hopefully 16 under is a whole lot better than our situation last yr.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni and oakdb have a new friend!

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
BigD1123

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray friendship and hooray beer!!!!
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ain't no way he posted a Bleacher Report link under the word "expert." No way did that happen.

Oakland's new punter. Yes. Punter.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play4Blood wrote:
Ain't no way he posted a Bleacher Report link under the word "expert." No way did that happen.

I thought that too but he did go to spotrac and compiled a decent spreadsheet

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Play4Blood

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Spotrac and Roto agree, I pretty much don't question it. Still, there's always stuff in those contracts that we don't find out until those details become relevant. Fun to guess what the cap will look like, but we'll probably be off by a good chunk.

Got a bud at another forum who feels pretty good about his figures. Maybe I'll start ripping him off and sharing over here.

Oakland's new punter. Yes. Punter.
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree bleecherreport isnt a legit source but its what i had.

yes, theres incentives LTBE and not likely to be achieved which actually were achieved and were moved onto this years cap from last year.

i think we are actually going to have a decent amount of cap space this year though.
Rolni

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These two "jumps" modify the cap a bit...

Raiders LT Jared Veldheer's 2013 salary jumped from $575,000 to $1.323 million based on rookie-deal incentives.
Veldheer has started 43 of a possible 48 games since entering the league as a third-round pick in 2010. In 2012, he graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 12 tackle, excelling as a pass protector. Veldheer is a candidate for extension as he enters the final year of his contract

Raiders WR Jacoby Ford's 2013 salary jumped from $575,000 to $1.323 million based on rookie-deal incentives.
Ford missed the entire 2012 season after suffering a Lisfranc injury for the second season in a row. He's appeared in just 24 of a possible 48 games since being a fourth-round pick in 2010. However, when healthy, Ford is a terrific deep threat, as he's shown with his career 17.0 YPC average. Entering the final year of his contract, Ford is expected to be ready for training camp, but Lisfranc injuries can be tricky
oakdb36

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
These two "jumps" modify the cap a bit...

Raiders LT Jared Veldheer's 2013 salary jumped from $575,000 to $1.323 million based on rookie-deal incentives.
Veldheer has started 43 of a possible 48 games since entering the league as a third-round pick in 2010. In 2012, he graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 12 tackle, excelling as a pass protector. Veldheer is a candidate for extension as he enters the final year of his contract

Raiders WR Jacoby Ford's 2013 salary jumped from $575,000 to $1.323 million based on rookie-deal incentives.
Ford missed the entire 2012 season after suffering a Lisfranc injury for the second season in a row. He's appeared in just 24 of a possible 48 games since being a fourth-round pick in 2010. However, when healthy, Ford is a terrific deep threat, as he's shown with his career 17.0 YPC average. Entering the final year of his contract, Ford is expected to be ready for training camp, but Lisfranc injuries can be tricky

Damn, even less room now. I think that puts us over the cap until Seymour's contract is voided.
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're going have plenty of cap space to resign our guys and a few free agents. I've gone over the numbers and we can shave off 30+million with releasing restructuring or realistic pay cuts to Palmer, DHB, Janikowski (extension), Brisiel, Kelly, McClain, Branch, and Huff.

Were not gonna be able to afford Jake Long or other 10+mil a year guys but we can certainly afford and I suspect we will target the midlevel players who miss out on the first few days of free agency when teams toss large amounts of money at players.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimkelly02 wrote:
We're going have plenty of cap space to resign our guys and a few free agents. I've gone over the numbers and we can shave off 30+million with releasing restructuring or realistic pay cuts to Palmer, DHB, Janikowski (extension), Brisiel, Kelly, McClain, Branch, and Huff.

Were not gonna be able to afford Jake Long or other 10+mil a year guys but we can certainly afford and I suspect we will target the midlevel players who miss out on the first few days of free agency when teams toss large amounts of money at players.

If it were up to me, I'd tell Kelly, McClain, DHB and Brisiel to get lost.

Nix looked no worse than Brisiel at RG and is younger and cheaper.

Branch should take a pay cut but I'm sure he won't want to. I'm not sure if there's been enough time since he inked his deal

I'd ask Palmer and Huff to take pay cuts, but deal with them not taking them. Palmer I'd only hang on to for this year if that's the case though.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
BigD1123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We also get about 4.5 mil extra cap room from unused space last year. Take that and Big Seys contract alone and we are over 12 mil under. Once you add restructures and other cuts we should be in pretty great shape.
Rolni

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigD1123 wrote:
We also get about 4.5 mil extra cap room from unused space last year. Take that and Big Seys contract alone and we are over 12 mil under. Once you add restructures and other cuts we should be in pretty great shape.

We are reportadly 4,5M over with the 4,5 "turnover"
BigD1123

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats what I was saying. 4.5 over take away Big Rich's 19 we are 13.5 under with that alone. Then take other cuts and restructures and we actually may have a decent cap number for the first time since I can remember.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: