Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

I have made up my mind on first round
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy do I wish Taylor Lewan left Michigan, guy did a tremendous job against Clowney(arguably THE best pass rushing DE in college football) in the Outback bowl this past year. It would have been a steal snagging him at #14

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
tbrown2699 wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
I don't think we're taking an OT just to take one. Its either a future left tackle or bust. Probably not finding one of those in the 2nd.

The Panthers need more than a LT. Gross may be on the decline, but he can stay at LT for a year or two. The Panthers desperately need to find Jeff Otah's replacement. They could also use another quality OG. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if they drafted two starting caliber OL with this draft. Not sexy, but necessary.

What do you think of Sharrif Floyd or Kawann Short in round 1 and then someone like either Oday Aboushi or Kyle Long in round 2/3? If you throw into the mix a safety (Bacarri Rambo, Tony Jefferson, T.J. McDonald, Shawn Williams, Robert Lester, Duke Williams, Shamarko Thomas just to name a few options) for example at the other pick in the first three, IMO that could be pretty solid for you guys.

I think Aboushi is a right tackle only. I like Long, and I think he'll be a great player, but I see him as a guard. Neither really fit for the Panthers right now.
iknowcool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't the popular opinion but it wouldn't surprise me if Joeckel went lower than he is being slated to go. Anyway...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ozTZFLj17A

:57 is all I really needed to see out of Lane Johnson. Great play. Just started looking at him recently with his name being mentioned but he has terrific potential. I also am a huge fan of Eric Fisher. I'd take both over Joeckel, personally.
james.mcmurry13

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think theres a good chance Fisher ends up being taken before Joeckel. But both probably still go in the top 10.

My only concern with Johnson is that his stock has started rising too quickly. I liked him as a "reach" when he was supposed to go late first and early second, now with him generally being seen as a borderline top 20 player and the consensus 3rd OT, I'm concerned that a team might jump up in the draft to get him. And with Tampa Bay picking right in front of us, that would make it even worse.
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone tell me why we have a higher pick than the saints, but we swept them and finished with the same record?

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Can someone tell me why we have a higher pick than the saints, but we swept them and finished with the same record?

Strength of Schedule I believe.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: