Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ray Lewis may have used banned substance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope he slowly becomes a giant deer.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
It's hilarious how people can't even fathom being wrong about Ray Lewis in this scenario.

Except the people defending him have a scientist saying that these claims don't add up. The guy said he took pills and oral spray, while a scientist with tons of background said you have to take it as a shot.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
DetroitSpirit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
This is hard to do but assume Lewis is innocent for one minute. How do you expect him to behave? You want him to step out of the superbowl bubble and create a far bigger distraction for his team? You'd like that, I know. To me this has very little to do with wether Lewis is guilty or not as I have no way of knowing at this point. I'll wait for more developments before thinking I know anything pertaining to his guilt or innocence.

I certainly wouldn't expect him to tell reporters that they "aren't qualified to ask questions" about past events that may reflect negatively on him. I wouldn't refer to the grief of families who still - rightly or wrongly - blame him for their grief. I also wouldn't expect him to refer to himself as a legend, as he did. It's obnoxious self-promotion like that which encourages people to pounce on any negative angle they can get on him. Call them haters all you want, but Ray brings this on himself. He loves that spotlight. Boy, he LOVES that spotlight. But as soon as it begins to turn negative, he either attacks or belittles anyone who dares to ask the question that may reflect negatively on him.

As for the PEDs, the timing and source of the accusations do seem shady. But I put just as much credence in the accusation as I do in his denials. Nothing to do but wait until more facts come out.

Didn't we just go everything described above with Lance Armstrong?
JROD82891

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
I think Ray Lewis is guilty as charged, will never admit it, even if he did it wouldn't make any difference, and you know what they say about Karma right?

Listen, he had a helmet to helmet hit already this post season and he's the ONE GUY that wasn't fined such a blatant hit.

Goodell has proven to this point that he is on Ray Lewis' bandwagon, furthmore, even if he wasn't, there was no testing done at the time of this accusation's occurance so you can't justify a suspension or fine based on 0 hard evidence even if he IS truly guilty.

Good lord, did you see the hit? You're complaining about the hit where Hernandez had 3 steps down and ducked his head 2-3 feet?

Oh....never mind, that's a steelers beanie in your avatar. Makes sense now.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

Lewis the dancing Raydeer..

Had a very sketchy past..

When they accused him of cheating..

Well he could only smile and laugh!
titanrick

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
I basically agree with what you're saying. His ego is too big. He has been self-promoting a little too much for a lot of our tastes. Referring to yourself as a legend isn't very becoming.

Mancunian Raven wrote:
The increased self regard he's shown over this past month has been somewhat bothersome to me, even as a Ravens fan. But I get the feeling he's trying to spur his team on and trying to soak up all the attention to leave them free to get ready for the games. At least, I hope that's what he's been doing.

I'm always impressed by fans who aren't afraid to acknowledge the bad along with the good in their favorite team or player. Kudos, gentlemen.

Bednarik60 wrote:

Laughing

DetroitSpirit wrote:
Didn't we just go everything described above with Lance Armstrong?

We sure did. And I'm skeptical of Ray's innocence, to say the least. But I'm also willing to let all the facts come out. If this joker from SWATS really has a recording, I would assume we'll hear it at some point. If he's making this whole thing up for a publicity stunt, Ray's lawyers will eat him for lunch.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

I think he has an Old Spice commercial where he does become a giant deer. Wink

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
kmvoss wrote:
I basically agree with what you're saying. His ego is too big. He has been self-promoting a little too much for a lot of our tastes. Referring to yourself as a legend isn't very becoming.

Mancunian Raven wrote:
The increased self regard he's shown over this past month has been somewhat bothersome to me, even as a Ravens fan. But I get the feeling he's trying to spur his team on and trying to soak up all the attention to leave them free to get ready for the games. At least, I hope that's what he's been doing.

I'm always impressed by fans who aren't afraid to acknowledge the bad along with the good in their favorite team or player. Kudos, gentlemen.
Trust me when I say that there's probably not a fanbase that is more conflicted about Ray's media offensive over the past several weeks than Ravens fans. On the one hand, as long as we're winning I don't care how many times Ray shows off his buttcrack with 75 million cameras huddled around him, and it's clear that his on-the-field leadership and ability has provided a boost during this awesome playoff run. But for me at least, I feel like the over-emphasis on Ray, something that he has encouraged, has really taken away from the love and respect that the rest of the team deserves just as much as him. In particular, I've always been a bigger Ed Reed guy than I have been a Ray Lewis guy (at a base level I feel like all Ravens fans are either Team Ed Reed or Team Ray Lewis -- you either go all-in on Ray's theatrics or you gravitate more towards Ed Reed's more understated demeanor), so I think with all of the attention on Ray it's frustrating that people aren't realizing more the ramifications of this possibly being Ed's last days as a Raven as well. The rest of the world is treating this team like they're the Baltimore Ray Lewis', and Ray Lewis encourages that meme, but for those of us who have stood by this team through thick and thin, we know that there's so much more to them, and I think Ray takes away from that. Some of that isn't his fault, but some if it may very well be. As a unit, family, and team, they've been through too much together for one guy to deserve all of the limelight. And yet, maybe it's a blessing in disguise: In the same way Brian Billick took the Media Day bullet for Ray Lewis the last time we were in the Super Bowl and let himself become the target and story of ridicule that the media lapped up, maybe this is everything coming full circle with Ray Lewis taking the proverbial Media Day bullet for the rest of the team so that everyone else can just focus on football without being a target.

I fully understand why people don't like Ray Lewis -- he's exactly the kind of player I wouldn't much like if he wasn't a Raven. But I think as a Ravens fan, you've already learned to live with the entriety of Ray's schtick, because what other choice do you have? You know with all of that crazy hoopla there's also an incredible football player and an incredible leader and you just have to deal with the more undesirable aspects of his attention-seeking persona.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
titanrick wrote:
kmvoss wrote:

Mancunian Raven wrote:

And yet, maybe it's a blessing in disguise: In the same way Brian Billick took the Media Day bullet for Ray Lewis the last time we were in the Super Bowl and let himself become the target and story of ridicule that the media lapped up, maybe this is everything coming full circle with Ray Lewis taking the proverbial Media Day bullet for the rest of the team so that everyone else can just focus on football without being a target.

I didn't watch the NFL during their first run so I don't know the scoop with Billick. I haven't looked at it in this light but I hope you're onto something. What was the story during xxxv with Billick anyways? The media didn't take to his arrogance well?
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOGRIESE wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/absence-of-failed-drug-tests-doesnt-exonerate-ray-lewis-from-igf-1-use/

The comments are hilarious

Quote:
I know of a white suite with a sizable blood sample that could clear this and another problem upů

Quote:
I never failed a drug test.

Worked well for Lance.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmvoss wrote:
I didn't watch the NFL during their first run so I don't know the scoop with Billick. I haven't looked at it in this light but I hope you're onto something. What was the story during xxxv with Billick anyways? The media didn't take to his arrogance well?
This was basically just a year after the Ray Lewis/Atlanta incident, so during SB week it was the story everyone in the media wanted to talk about. Rather than letting Ray take the brunt of the focus, Billick came out on Media Day and basically blasted the press, called them ambulance chasers, said they weren't qualified to be making the accusations they were making, etc. It was by design, in order to basically have Billick become the villain of the Super Bowl media narrative rather than Ray Lewis, and it helped keep the team focused on football rather than outside forces. And judging by the 27 point beatdown of the Giants and Ray's SB MVP performance, it's clear Billick pressed the right buttons.

Now, it's not like Ray encouraged this dubious story to come up now during SB week (whereas Billick intentionally made the story about him to shield his star player), but I'm hoping that it could have a similar effect, where all of the Ray Lewis noise makes it easier for the rest of the team to stay loose and focus on football. I think to an extent, part of the reason the organization allows Ray to become the center of the media's attention is because they know, both by his personality and by his past experience (the 2000 season in particular) that he's capable of handling that role and still getting it done on the field. I mean, without the Ray Lewis circus, the national media would have had a field day with Flacco calling the New York/New Jersey Super Bowl next year 'retarded,' and that could have been an unwelcome distraction and a bunch of stories being printed about just how disrespectful to the mental health community Joe Flacco is, etc. Instead, the media briefly made note of it and got back to the main event that they themselves anointed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/30/absence-of-failed-drug-tests-doesnt-exonerate-ray-lewis-from-igf-1-use/

Quote:
I know of a white suite with a sizable blood sample that could clear this and another problem upů

Quote:

Worked well for Lance.

yeah, pure comedic gold, man.

really have nothing better to add as a moderator? I'd be ashamed as a 49er fan after your insight and impending Super Bowl loss Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I tell (teammates) all the time: 'Don't let people from the outside ever try to disturb what's inside.' That's the trick of the devil. The trick of the devil is to kill, steal and destroy. That's what he comes to do. He comes to distract you from everything you're trying to do."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/ravens/2013/01/30/ray-lewis-banned-substance-trick-of-the-devil-sports-illustrated-triceps-deer-antler-extract/1877677/

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I love you Ray, but wow....

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain

Last edited by Mossburg on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RayReed2052 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Worked well for Lance.

really have nothing better to add as a moderator? I'd be ashamed as a 49er fan after your insight and impending Super Bowl loss Laughing

Eh? really that sour patch kid ?

ray rays cheating and some humor sarcasm never hurt putting a light on things.. dude sucking down salt licks and alfa alfa grass in a meadow like its no ones business and still has the balls to act like were ignorant of accusing him of using the powerful magical deer antler extract..

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
RayReed2052

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
RayReed2052 wrote:
SoCalNiner wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Worked well for Lance.

Eh? really that sour patch kid ?

ray rays cheating and some humor sarcasm never hurt putting a light on things.. dude sucking down salt licks and alfa alfa grass in a meadow like its no ones business and still has the balls to act like were ignorant of accusing him of using the powerful magical deer antler extract..

what exactly do I have to be sour about? the fact my team is in the Super Bowl? the fact that Ray Lewis, regardless of how much you or others hate him will still go down as one of the best players in NFL history? dudes quoting murder jokes that were explicitly said to not be brought in this thread and still has the balls to act like it brings anything to the conversation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 17 of 22

Jump to: