Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

First 4 Picks Could Be The Difference....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stlblackshirt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more and more I think about it, I'd would trade a 1st from this year's draft for a 1st in next year's. If the Rams could get a 2014 1st and maybe a 2013 3rd rounder for a 2013 1st, that would be a great play. The 2014 draft is going to be loaded and 3 1st rounders in that draft could build a dynasty.
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stlblackshirt wrote:
The more and more I think about it, I'd would trade a 1st from this year's draft for a 1st in next year's. If the Rams could get a 2014 1st and maybe a 2013 3rd rounder for a 2013 1st, that would be a great play. The 2014 draft is going to be loaded and 3 1st rounders in that draft could build a dynasty.

Oh man just like the 2001 draft with 3 first rounders, talk about dynasty Wink lol but seriously with the depth of talent next year that would be amazing. I would jump for that. This year has talent but nothing like next year IMO.
Ryback

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my 4.

1. Chance Warmack OG- We desperately need to strengthen up out o=line

2. Cordarrelle Patterson WR- Im a Tennessee fan and believe me this guy is worth a top 15 pick. If he is till there we need to pick him up.

3. Phillip Thomas FS- Two Words Ball Hawk

4. Jelani Jenkins OLB- Another Sec boy. I think he would be a good fit a strongside LB
ramsfan4lyfe8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 4:

1) Chance Warmack G Alabama- One of the best guard prospects to come out in probably15-20 years, he definitely warrants a top 20 pick IMO.

2)Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee-He has the big frame that we are looking for at 6'3", could definitely put on another 10 pounds or so maybe 15 to get to 220. But he is IMO the best WR prospect in this draft. I think in all honesty that if we land Patterson I will be more excited about a pick then I have been for one in a while.

3)Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers- Was a former FS, moved in 2011. He is blazing fast and really knows how to lay the lumber. I think he will be there for our 2nd round pick and if he is there I want the pick announced before our time even starts.

4)Kyle Long OT Oregon-I'm starting to come around to Kyle Long playing RT for us. Would also be nice to have a little sibling rivalry in the trenches.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
My top 4:

1) Chance Warmack G Alabama- One of the best guard prospects to come out in probably15-20 years, he definitely warrants a top 20 pick IMO.

2)Cordarelle Patterson WR Tennessee-He has the big frame that we are looking for at 6'3", could definitely put on another 10 pounds or so maybe 15 to get to 220. But he is IMO the best WR prospect in this draft. I think in all honesty that if we land Patterson I will be more excited about a pick then I have been for one in a while.

3)Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers- Was a former FS, moved in 2011. He is blazing fast and really knows how to lay the lumber. I think he will be there for our 2nd round pick and if he is there I want the pick announced before our time even starts.

4)Kyle Long OT Oregon-I'm starting to come around to Kyle Long playing RT for us. Would also be nice to have a little sibling rivalry in the trenches.

Height or not, he plays small and doesn't have much of a frame. He could possibly put on 10 to 15 pounds but not entirely sure about that.

I like Patterson and I'll be quite fine if we take him. But people wanting a "big" WR shouldn't be advocating Patterson. That's not his style. He's basically an oversized Tavon Austin with imo slightly less speed and not quite the elusiveness but better size and ability to shield out defenders.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
tim199009

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unrealistic:
1. keenan Allen
2. tavon austin
3. tony jefferson
4. marcus lattimore

yes i neglected offensive line so what

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
My top 4:

Height or not, he plays small and doesn't have much of a frame. He could possibly put on 10 to 15 pounds but not entirely sure about that.

I like Patterson and I'll be quite fine if we take him. But people wanting a "big" WR shouldn't be advocating Patterson. That's not his style. He's basically an oversized Tavon Austin with imo slightly less speed and not quite the elusiveness but better size and ability to shield out defenders.

I see what you're saying and he does play a little bit smaller than the 6'3" says but I think with adding that 10 lbs atleast and get to the 215 range he can play a little bit bigger. He is smaller weight wise than you would expect someone with his height so I think an offseason in an NFL style SCP and he will take the mold of a bigger receiver. What do you think of the other picks? (not Warmack, I'm pretty sure we are all on the same page as far as Chance goes, if he is there he needs to be the pick no questions)
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
My top 4:

I see what you're saying and he does play a little bit smaller than the 6'3" says but I think with adding that 10 lbs atleast and get to the 215 range he can play a little bit bigger. He is smaller weight wise than you would expect someone with his height so I think an offseason in an NFL style SCP and he will take the mold of a bigger receiver. What do you think of the other picks? (not Warmack, I'm pretty sure we are all on the same page as far as Chance goes, if he is there he needs to be the pick no questions)

Rest of the picks look good to me.

I'm just not sure if the growth potential is there...like with AJ Green. Some guys just are skinny.

And I'm not really sure if you want to ask him to bulk up. The strength of his game is his ability to cut on a dime, change directions, make defenders look silly with his elusiveness and his burst.

Don't really want to do anything to hinder that.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Ryback

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comin from a Vols fan. You guys have to remember he played one year of big time college ball. He is a project that if handled right has the ability to become a top 5 reciever in the league. If not he could become just another 4th or 5th guy. We will see in time.
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Warmack

2. Anyone not named Keenan Allen (Kenny Vaccaro)

3. Tavon Austin

4. Honey Badger

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1- Warmack

2- Allen or Hopkins

3- Kaseem Greene

4- Duke Williams
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
1. Warmack

3. Tavon Austin

4. Honey Badger

I don't understand the hate on Keenan Allen.

^El Ramster^
Jonezy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
1. Warmack

3. Tavon Austin

4. Honey Badger

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
<El Ramster.< (Avatar)
[quote="norcalraider510"]
Rams front 4 is going to be amazing next year[/quote]
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
1. Warmack

3. Tavon Austin

4. Honey Badger

He is NOT slow. I would rather have a guy like him who runs excellent routes and makes people miss and can go up and catch a ball anywhere in his realistic radius than an Oakland raider track star.

Allen will still run a decent 40.

1. Marcus Mariota
2. Brett Hundley
3. Jameis Winston
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
Jonezy wrote:
1. Warmack

3. Tavon Austin

4. Honey Badger

He is NOT slow. I would rather have a guy like him who runs excellent routes and makes people miss and can go up and catch a ball anywhere in his realistic radius than an Oakland raider track star.

Allen will still run a decent 40.

I always find myself agreeing with you and liking the same prospects haha..
I think Allen is the best receiver in this class and while he may not be the fastest in the class, he is certainly not slow. Let's not forget that Allen is 6'3, which isn't your typical tiny speedster. He's a pre-ready receiver with great hands and runs great routes, with great agility to go. I'll take him over any other receiver in the draft. and to all of you falling in love with Patterson; I think you guys are all in for a surprise once he hits the NFL. I dont see a great receiver in him one bit

^El Ramster^

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: