Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you pick? [Trade Down Update pg 5]
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Who would you pick? [Trade Down Update pg 5] Reply with quote

This is where I am at in our work e-mail GM mock draft and I am wondering who you guys would pick?

-We are allowed to address 1 position in free agency based on our cap and I addressed OT.

Round 1

1[1] Kansas City Chiefs: QB Geno Smith [West Virginia]
1[2] Jacksonville Jaguars: DE Damontre Moore [Texas A&M]
1[3] Oakland Raiders: DT Star Lotulelei [Utah]
1[4] Philadelphia Eagles: OT Luke Joeckel [Texas A&M]
1[5] Detroit Lions: CB Dee Milliner [Alabama]
1[6] Cleveland Browns: DE Bjoern Werner [Florida State]
1[7] Arizona Cardinals: QB Mike Glennon [NC State]
1[8] Buffalo Bills: OLB Jarvis Jones [Georgia]
1[9] New York Jets: OLB Barkevious Mingo [LSU]
1[10] Tennessee Titans: OG Chance Warmack [Alabama]
1[11] San Diego Chargers: OT Eric Fisher [Central Michigan]
1[12] Miami Dolphins: WR Keenan Allen [Cal]
1[13] Tampa Bay Buccaneers: CB Jonathan Banks [Mississippi St]
1[14] Carolina Panthers: NT Jonathan Hankins [Ohio St]
1[15] New Orleans Saints: OLB Dion Jordan [Oregon]
1[16] St. Louis Rams: OT Lane Johnson [OU]
1[17] Pittsburgh Steelers: S Kenny Vaccaro [Texas]
1[18] Dallas Cowboys: DT Sheldon Richardson [Missouri]
1[19] New York Giants: DE Ezekial Ansah [BYU]
1[20] Chicago Bears:

Last edited by WindyCity on Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
WindyCity

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally even if we have addressed OT in free agency we still have a gaping hole at LG and we have a potentially elite player on the board at the position who can also play C.

I am leaning towards

OG/C Jonathan Cooper [UNC] 6'3" 310lbs

DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper
fourth-phase

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Cooper fit Kromer's scheme? I have not watched any UNC games, but the little bit that I read suggested Cooper's best fit in a ZBS. If he fits though, I'd be fine with the pick.

I would probably lean more towards LB's Kevin Minter or Alec Ogletree though.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fourth-phase wrote:
Does Cooper fit Kromer's scheme? I have not watched any UNC games, but the little bit that I read suggested Cooper's best fit in a ZBS. If he fits though, I'd be fine with the pick.

Not as much on paper but he's a really good player. His combine will be important since he reportedly has gained weight.

If we go LB Teo seems like a perfect fit.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
fourth-phase wrote:

Not as much on paper but he's a really good player. His combine will be important since he reportedly has gained weight.

No, he seems like a terrible fit, if our defense is remaining similar to what it has been.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
fourth-phase wrote:

No, he seems like a terrible fit, if our defense is remaining similar to what it has been.
How so?

He's similar to Poz when he played there.

I understand if people dont like that he lied about the girlfriend thing but he's a 1st round talent. He can do it all and has elite instincts.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
fourth-phase wrote:

How so?

I understand if people dont like that he lied about the girlfriend thing but he's a 1st round talent. He can do it all and has elite instincts.
No he can't. He's a 3-4 MLB only. He does not have the speed to run sideline to sideline in the NFL. You put him in a box, he can fill a gap and drop back into limited coverage. If you ask him to cover an intermediate middle, or run sideline to sideline in support, he's going to get eaten alive.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
DaMike wrote:
fourth-phase wrote:

How so?

No he can't. He's a 3-4 MLB only. He does not have the speed to run sideline to sideline in the NFL. You put him in a box, he can fill a gap and drop back into limited coverage. If you ask him to cover an intermediate middle, or run sideline to sideline in support, he's going to get eaten alive.
He did it all in college. He played sideline to sideline at ND. He doesn't have elite speed and won't matchup well in man but with the amount of zone we play he'll be fine. Everybody has him as a 1st round pick for a reason.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd grab a TE (Ertz) or LB (Ogletree). I've got a crush on both guys.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
I'd grab a TE (Ertz) or LB (Ogletree). I've got a crush on both guys.
I went from being really really high on Ogletree to not liking him. He needs to get a lot bigger and he needs to learn how to play the position. I don't know if I could risk that high of a pick on him.
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take the best player available left on my board which happens to be ILB Alec Ogletree - Georgia.

Cooper is a solid prospect at OG but if you're going to be taking a guard that early you better make sure that he's a special player.

I figure anyway that that Bears will be able to get a solid talent on the OL in round 2.

Bears desperately need a playmaker at the MLB position considering Urlacher may not be back, and even if he is he barely has anything left in the tank. Ogletree is a perfect fit for the middle of this defense.
Mudderfudder77

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

topwop1 wrote:
I'd take the best player available left on my board which happens to be ILB Alec Ogletree - Georgia.

Cooper is a solid prospect at OG but if you're going to be taking a guard that early you better make sure that he's a special player.

I figure anyway that that Bears will be able to get a solid talent on the OL in round 2.

Bears desperately need a playmaker at the MLB position considering Urlacher may not be back, and even if he is he barely has anything left in the tank. Ogletree is a perfect fit for the middle of this defense.

Yeah - I really like Ogletree in this defense. He's a bit of a freak athlete and a big hitter, but has some legitimate coverage skills.

Adopt-a-Bear Lamarr Houston

Man-child. QB-killer. Defender of the run. Destroyer of worlds
topwop1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mudderfudder77 wrote:
topwop1 wrote:

Yeah - I really like Ogletree in this defense. He's a bit of a freak athlete and a big hitter, but has some legitimate coverage skills.

That he does. Guy is a straight up playmaker. The only thing you can question about this kid is his weight as he'll need to beef up a little bit to play LB in the NFL (which I don't doubt he'll do as a pro) and a of couple brush ups with the law in the past; but coming to the Bears and being part of a veteran defense with mentors like Briggs and Roach by his side to keep him in line I think he'll fit right in and be a star on this defense.

Minter would be my second choice to replace Urlacher, but I think at 20 is a bit too early for him. He doesn't have nearly the speed and athletic ability that Ogletree does. As for Manti Te'o, I worry that he'll be a bust and not a good fit on this team and it has nothing to do with the whole girlfriend hoax thing. Not going to lie though, that does kind of play a part in my evaluation on him.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this scenario either trade back, take Cooper or Barrett Jones. I dont care who we sign in FA, O-line must be addressed in round 1 and/or 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: