Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trade Austin?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Trade Miles
Trade him
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Keep him
68%
 68%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 19

Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
the draft....

Will you then post pics of scantily clad women with golden locks ?
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
the draft....

Will you then post pics of scantily clad women with golden locks ?

Deal!

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
ware94

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
I would trade him and Beasley for a 3rd if we could get high enough to draft Quinton Patton.

You touch Beasly and I swear.....

Matts in all seriousness and not wanting to get in a pissing contest....what's the fan infatuation with Beasley ? Is it that the Dallas fan base is starving for a Dallas version of Wes Welker ? Look at the Superbowl teams. Neither have a Welker.

Really? REALLY? You don't sense the small dose sarcasm behind the "infatuation" with Beasley?
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
I would trade him and Beasley for a 3rd if we could get high enough to draft Quinton Patton.

Matts in all seriousness and not wanting to get in a pissing contest....what's the fan infatuation with Beasley ? Is it that the Dallas fan base is starving for a Dallas version of Wes Welker ? Look at the Superbowl teams. Neither have a Welker.

Really? REALLY? You don't sense the small dose sarcasm behind the "infatuation" with Beasley?

whys you put quotations around infatuation?

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ware94 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

Of course I do Ware. However there are many Dallas fans including some here and on other blogs that talk ad nausem about Beasley. That is the part I don't get.
textaz03

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beastly is a freak of nature for his short stature! The shortest guy I have ever seen able to dunk!!

He runs very good routes, has good hands and I love his determination!

Once Callahan see's what he has in Beasley, he will unleash the beast!

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

textaz03 wrote:
Beastly is a freak of nature for his short stature! The shortest guy I have ever seen able to dunk!!

Meet Spud Webb. All 5'7" of him.

SHSTE92

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On topic, I'd move him for a high 3rd at worse. #2 WRs are easier to find, especially when you have Dez Bryant on your team. Pair Braynt with a veteran (Domink Hixon, Devery Henderson, Jerome Simpson) with Beasley/Harris in the slot and use the 2nd/3rd to help rebuild the defense.

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
textaz03 wrote:

Meet Spud Webb. All 5'7" of him.

Cole beasley is listed at 5'8". I read multiple reports however that his listing was quite generous,and that they thought he was closer to 5'6". So we will leave this up for debate.

PS--no more bad mouthing beasley.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But for seriously, how can you hate on a 5'8, 170 pounder that made the NFL. He gives all average people hope Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with the premise of trading Austin period, assuming you don't get a ridiculous offer for him. Obviously this team has problems on defense and the offensive line, but they don't have great WRs behind Austin, either- I think Harris and Beasley are fine as the #3 and #4 and I wouldn't necessarily be comfortable with them above that. Moreover, if the team can use their resources properly, then they shouldn't need even more of them to fix their problems that be, and turning Austin into more resources is really just weakening a strength (pass offense).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
I disagree with the premise of trading Austin period, assuming you don't get a ridiculous offer for him. Obviously this team has problems on defense and the offensive line, but they don't have great WRs behind Austin, either- I think Harris and Beasley are fine as the #3 and #4 and I wouldn't necessarily be comfortable with them above that. Moreover, if the team can use their resources properly, then they shouldn't need even more of them to fix their problems that be, and turning Austin into more resources is really just weakening a strength (pass offense).

This is always the concern....how often does that happen in Dallas ?
ware94

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
ware94 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:

whys you put quotations around infatuation?

Okay, he turned out to be really good for an UDFA, but you have to admit that it started out like he was the next Lynn Scott.
NCAA- Auburn Tigers
matt79511

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

So the team should just operate under the assumption that they're going to draft a bunch of busts? If that's the concern then you fire your scouting department, not acquire more picks to screw up.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
matt79511 wrote:

So the team should just operate under the assumption that they're going to draft a bunch of busts? If that's the concern then you fire your scouting department, not acquire more picks to screw up.

Not my angle at all. We have needed o linemen for years yet refuse to draft them. Same for d line. Same for safety. Yet the team refuses to draft those positions with premium picks or at all. How happy would you be say if we took a te in the first round and a lb in the second ? Trading Fasano and a lb for a 4th and then drafting Martellus in the second will always give me pause about this administration. And the head guy is still the same.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: