Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rtnldave's mock 1-28-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:

Quote:
1. Fix the O and D lines now. Don't build over the next 2 or 3 years and keep our aging vets around. By that time we will need a new QB, a new TE a new OLB/DE a new #2 WR. We need to fix it now. If you look at the teams who are perpetually there in January and February, they have solid trenches.

Dave you are correct in theory. It really does seem simple. Yet the man in charge can't get out of his own way to make this happen. Dallas would be better off trading all of the core players and beginning anew.

Dallas is chock full of lipstick players yet none are crunchtime performers. They melt like butter in a frying pan. There isn't any defense of the core players. They continue to fail over n over. They will go down in history as the most under achieving, soft group of players to ever pass through Dallas. Why fans defend them I have no idea. It's a cold business and I am as cold as they come when it comes to the core on this team. Next guy up is my m.o..Time to move on.

It really does start in the trenches. The Niners are a prime example. However the man in charge refuses to spend premium resources in those two areas. He shops at the flea market for o linemen and tries to find d linemen in the latter rounds or as undrafted free agents. Yet he can't figure out why we suck and are a joke in the nfl.

Add to the fact that Dallas doesn't use premium resources on the trenches the coaching hires have been abysmal including the current head coach. The man in charge took a veteran laden team and hired a coach who had never had any head coaching experience in his life and handed him the reigns. Add to that he let him call plays which has been an unmitigated disaster.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:

Quote:
1. Fix the O and D lines now. Don't build over the next 2 or 3 years and keep our aging vets around. By that time we will need a new QB, a new TE a new OLB/DE a new #2 WR. We need to fix it now. If you look at the teams who are perpetually there in January and February, they have solid trenches.

Dave you are correct in theory. It really does seem simple. Yet the man in charge can't get out of his own way to make this happen. Dallas would be better off trading all of the core players and beginning anew.

Dallas is chock full of lipstick players yet none are crunchtime performers. They melt like butter in a frying pan. There isn't any defense of the core players. They continue to fail over n over. They will go down in history as the most under achieving, soft group of players to ever pass through Dallas. Why fans defend them I have no idea. It's a cold business and I am as cold as they come when it comes to the core on this team. Next guy up is my m.o..Time to move on.

It really does start in the trenches. The Niners are a prime example. However the man in charge refuses to spend premium resources in those two areas. He shops at the flea market for o linemen and tries to find d linemen in the latter rounds or as undrafted free agents. Yet he can't figure out why we suck and are a joke in the nfl.

Add to the fact that Dallas doesn't use premium resources on the trenches the coaching hires have been abysmal including the current head coach. The man in charge took a veteran laden team and hired a coach who had never had any head coaching experience in his life and handed him the reigns. Add to that he let him call plays which has been an unmitigated disaster.

I completely agree on this. Pittsburgh doesn't seem to have a problem spending first round picks on guard and center. I get if you are in the top ten picks, you shouldn't, because how often do you get to draft a premium player at a premium position. I also love that some people ripped on those wanting Decastro in the first and Konz in the second last year, because Decastro got hurt, and Konz did not start immediately. I like Mo, but I would feel much better about us coming into this offseason with a line of Smith-Livings-Konz-Decastro-draftee.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: