Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rtnldave's mock 1-28-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Dboys88-82


Joined: 12 Jan 2011
Posts: 1761
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Dboys88-82 wrote:
GeneralDissaray

There is more than just age,production, and personality considered when making a trade for a receiver. A couple other things that should be considered are injury history and contract. Two things not in Austins favor. Not saying its impossible to get a 4th for Austin or anything just saying these are other factors as well. Its a lot easier to give away a 4th for a potentially good receiver when his contract is relatively cheap.

Also you made brandon lloyd's stats look bad. which i guess they were at that point, but that can largely be contributed to poor quarterback play on the part of orton. He was four games into the season when he was traded and the season before he caught 77 passes for 1448 yards and 11 touchdowns. Thats where his value came from.


I didn't make anything look bad or great. The Rams traded for Lloyd at a low point. Do you think if he had close to 70 catches for 1400 yards and double digit td's that season, Denver would have traded him for near nothing?


Possibly yes. He was unhappy in denver that season with how they were using him. They had a lot of young receivers already showing that they were good. Demaryius thomas and decker worked out well. Also Tebow was took over the week before the trade. obviosuly they didnt think Lloyd would fit in well in that scheme. Blocking and trying to catch very poorly thrown balls twice a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5445
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Look, I get it. He is producing big numbers. But what are we winning as a team? You don't trade Bryant because he is too young and hasn't peaked. He hasn't had a chance to compete for a title like Romo, Ware, Witten, Austin have.

In 1989 we had a similar situation. A team that was going nowhere and had 1 really good player. Herschel Walker. When Johnson traded him I was livid! I thought, how could you give away our BEST player????!!!!

But I soon realized that a player with big numbers on a team with many holes and no titles is a recipee for mediocrity.

You act like I'm saying get rid of him. I'm saying of the vets we have, we have to begin moving some while they have trade value. We need a younger O line and D line. We can draft multiple picks at these positions PLUS a #2 WR and a #2 RB. We have to do some horse trading and sacrificing. Now you KNOW we are not moving Romo, Ware or Witten. So who is left that will garner a decent pick.

If we are going to let two 1st round picks walk away with absolutley nothing to show for it (Jenkins and Jones) then we better begin to make it up in other areas like UDFA players that can garner us SOMETHING.

I just think this year's draft is too deep at our biggest positions of need not to do everything possible to get as many young, quality players as we can. ESPECIALLY if we are going to try to make a run with aging vets like Romo, Witten and Ware. We cannot wait 2 more years to build a 2 lines (offense and defense) thru the draft. We have to do it now.

The Austin thing was a small cog in a big offseason plan. It seems to be the only thing anyone is concerned with.


You're the one who put trade Austin to NO for a 4th. If you don't want people to debate it, don't include it. I'd seriously listen if a team was offering a 2nd round pick, but sorry not for a 4th. It's not like he's in the last year of his contract.

As far as letting Jones walk away, he sucked the last couple of years, so he really had no trade value. I agree that we should have tried to trade Jenkins last year. If you have a player of value, and you know you will not be able to re-sign him, then yes get some value. Same applied to Spencer the last two years.

You really can't compare the Herschell Walker deal to anything. it was just that ridiculous . We got 3-1st's and 3-2nd's for a RB. Team's won't trade more than one 1st, unless it is a QB.

I think we do need to take advantage of the #18 pick and move down to pick up additional picks. I think we need to try to make hay in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I think we also need to draft at least one RB in the 4th or later rounds. If Murray has a big year in 2013, as much as I like him, I hate paying RB's, so I would be open to trading him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2973
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Look, I get it. He is producing big numbers. But what are we winning as a team? You don't trade Bryant because he is too young and hasn't peaked. He hasn't had a chance to compete for a title like Romo, Ware, Witten, Austin have.

In 1989 we had a similar situation. A team that was going nowhere and had 1 really good player. Herschel Walker. When Johnson traded him I was livid! I thought, how could you give away our BEST player????!!!!

But I soon realized that a player with big numbers on a team with many holes and no titles is a recipee for mediocrity.

You act like I'm saying get rid of him. I'm saying of the vets we have, we have to begin moving some while they have trade value. We need a younger O line and D line. We can draft multiple picks at these positions PLUS a #2 WR and a #2 RB. We have to do some horse trading and sacrificing. Now you KNOW we are not moving Romo, Ware or Witten. So who is left that will garner a decent pick.

If we are going to let two 1st round picks walk away with absolutley nothing to show for it (Jenkins and Jones) then we better begin to make it up in other areas like UDFA players that can garner us SOMETHING.

I just think this year's draft is too deep at our biggest positions of need not to do everything possible to get as many young, quality players as we can. ESPECIALLY if we are going to try to make a run with aging vets like Romo, Witten and Ware. We cannot wait 2 more years to build a 2 lines (offense and defense) thru the draft. We have to do it now.

The Austin thing was a small cog in a big offseason plan. It seems to be the only thing anyone is concerned with.


You're the one who put trade Austin to NO for a 4th. If you don't want people to debate it, don't include it. I'd seriously listen if a team was offering a 2nd round pick, but sorry not for a 4th. It's not like he's in the last year of his contract.

As far as letting Jones walk away, he sucked the last couple of years, so he really had no trade value. I agree that we should have tried to trade Jenkins last year. If you have a player of value, and you know you will not be able to re-sign him, then yes get some value. Same applied to Spencer the last two years.

You really can't compare the Herschell Walker deal to anything. it was just that ridiculous . We got 3-1st's and 3-2nd's for a RB. Team's won't trade more than one 1st, unless it is a QB.

I think we do need to take advantage of the #18 pick and move down to pick up additional picks. I think we need to try to make hay in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I think we also need to draft at least one RB in the 4th or later rounds. If Murray has a big year in 2013, as much as I like him, I hate paying RB's, so I would be open to trading him.



I agree the Walker deal was ridiculous but the point is we had to do something to get the players we needed to win in here.

As for trading Murray, you would rather trade a young guy who has showed promise and not really given a legit chance to compete on a healthy team for a championship then trade an aging vet with bad hamstrings?

Now THAT is what I call a gutsy GM.

BTW, I didn't say NOT to discuss Austin, I just didn't expect it to overshadow everything else that was posted.

BTWW, if we did get a 4th for him we could package a 3rd and 4th and move up, or some scenario of that sort. Don't you see, it gives us options tomove around in a draft that is too stocked at positions we really need to fix and fix fast if we are going to try for a championship with our remaining vets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45098
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Restructuring Ware and Witten brings very little benefit to the team while significantly mortgaging the future. ($3m each approx)

Not tendering Costa is a mistake, he's a valuable player, even if it's just as a backup. We were using our 4th string C this year... depth is necessary.

Cook, on the other hand, should be cut.

Trading back 4 spots won't net us a 2nd round pick - that trade is ridiculous and St. Louis wouldn't do it for anyone other than maybe Geno Smith on an epic nose dive.

Not a fan of either of your first two picks, like Warford, Carradine is a round or two too high, like Thomas, don't like a 4th on a RB when they're such plug-and-play guys - rather pick one in the 6th or 7th if we need one, the rest are meh.
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Restructuring Ware and Witten brings very little benefit to the team while significantly mortgaging the future. ($3m each approx)

Not tendering Costa is a mistake, he's a valuable player, even if it's just as a backup. We were using our 4th string C this year... depth is necessary.

Cook, on the other hand, should be cut.

Trading back 4 spots won't net us a 2nd round pick - that trade is ridiculous and St. Louis wouldn't do it for anyone other than maybe Geno Smith on an epic nose dive.

Not a fan of either of your first two picks, like Warford, Carradine is a round or two too high, like Thomas, don't like a 4th on a RB when they're such plug-and-play guys - rather pick one in the 6th or 7th if we need one, the rest are meh.


Really ? Then why didn't our first round rb (Felix) work out ? Why was the running game absent when Murray was injured ? How come Tanner couldn't get playing time ? It's a little bit harder than just drafting any ol rb and plugging him in. Murray has an injury history. We need a rb we can depend on because as you say depth is necessary.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28401
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Really ? Then why didn't our first round rb (Felix) work out ? Why was the running game absent when Murray was injured ? How come Tanner couldn't get playing time ? It's a little bit harder than just drafting any ol rb and plugging him in. Murray has an injury history. We need a rb we can depend on because as you say depth is necessary.


Felix was never an every-down back in college, and after his injury he seemed to lose a lot of his speed.

I think with a better OL, we'd see Murray be more productive and hopefully less injured. Though I think it would be smart to sign a veteran RB in free agency (if we have the cap space) or use a mid-round pick on a back to pair with Tanner/Dunbar in case Murray goes down again.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45098
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Restructuring Ware and Witten brings very little benefit to the team while significantly mortgaging the future. ($3m each approx)

Not tendering Costa is a mistake, he's a valuable player, even if it's just as a backup. We were using our 4th string C this year... depth is necessary.

Cook, on the other hand, should be cut.

Trading back 4 spots won't net us a 2nd round pick - that trade is ridiculous and St. Louis wouldn't do it for anyone other than maybe Geno Smith on an epic nose dive.

Not a fan of either of your first two picks, like Warford, Carradine is a round or two too high, like Thomas, don't like a 4th on a RB when they're such plug-and-play guys - rather pick one in the 6th or 7th if we need one, the rest are meh.


Really ? Then why didn't our first round rb (Felix) work out ? Why was the running game absent when Murray was injured ? How come Tanner couldn't get playing time ? It's a little bit harder than just drafting any ol rb and plugging him in. Murray has an injury history. We need a rb we can depend on because as you say depth is necessary.


Tell that to every RB Shanahan has ever drafted, or to the Texans riding on the back of an UDFA, etc etc etc.

Good OL and any RB can look good
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Restructuring Ware and Witten brings very little benefit to the team while significantly mortgaging the future. ($3m each approx)

Not tendering Costa is a mistake, he's a valuable player, even if it's just as a backup. We were using our 4th string C this year... depth is necessary.

Cook, on the other hand, should be cut.

Trading back 4 spots won't net us a 2nd round pick - that trade is ridiculous and St. Louis wouldn't do it for anyone other than maybe Geno Smith on an epic nose dive.

Not a fan of either of your first two picks, like Warford, Carradine is a round or two too high, like Thomas, don't like a 4th on a RB when they're such plug-and-play guys - rather pick one in the 6th or 7th if we need one, the rest are meh.


Really ? Then why didn't our first round rb (Felix) work out ? Why was the running game absent when Murray was injured ? How come Tanner couldn't get playing time ? It's a little bit harder than just drafting any ol rb and plugging him in. Murray has an injury history. We need a rb we can depend on because as you say depth is necessary.


Tell that to every RB Shanahan has ever drafted, or to the Texans riding on the back of an UDFA, etc etc etc.

Good OL and any RB can look good


Did any of the Skins rb's last year look anything close to being as good as Morris ? Foster is a stud. He would be a stud on any team. He is better than Murray or McFadden or any other starter not named Peterson. But how many Foster's do you see in the nfl ? Mark Ingram is a mediocre back taken in the first round. Think the Saints would switch ?
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45098
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Restructuring Ware and Witten brings very little benefit to the team while significantly mortgaging the future. ($3m each approx)

Not tendering Costa is a mistake, he's a valuable player, even if it's just as a backup. We were using our 4th string C this year... depth is necessary.

Cook, on the other hand, should be cut.

Trading back 4 spots won't net us a 2nd round pick - that trade is ridiculous and St. Louis wouldn't do it for anyone other than maybe Geno Smith on an epic nose dive.

Not a fan of either of your first two picks, like Warford, Carradine is a round or two too high, like Thomas, don't like a 4th on a RB when they're such plug-and-play guys - rather pick one in the 6th or 7th if we need one, the rest are meh.


Really ? Then why didn't our first round rb (Felix) work out ? Why was the running game absent when Murray was injured ? How come Tanner couldn't get playing time ? It's a little bit harder than just drafting any ol rb and plugging him in. Murray has an injury history. We need a rb we can depend on because as you say depth is necessary.


Tell that to every RB Shanahan has ever drafted, or to the Texans riding on the back of an UDFA, etc etc etc.

Good OL and any RB can look good


Did any of the Skins rb's last year look anything close to being as good as Morris ? Foster is a stud. He would be a stud on any team. He is better than Murray or McFadden or any other starter not named Peterson. But how many Foster's do you see in the nfl ? Mark Ingram is a mediocre back taken in the first round. Think the Saints would switch ?


Evan Royster was looking very good as was Roy Helu prior to Morris taking the league by storm. A ZBS is notorious for being effective at opening up the flood gates for RB's when the proper personel are in place.

And you use high price 1st round picks as an example of what? That there is terrible value for RB's and you're better off using a platoon of late round picks? Mendenhall, McFadden, Richardson, Ingram, Felix - all high round guys who are busting or busted.

I can't even tell what you're trying to prove anymore
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Restructuring Ware and Witten brings very little benefit to the team while significantly mortgaging the future. ($3m each approx)

Not tendering Costa is a mistake, he's a valuable player, even if it's just as a backup. We were using our 4th string C this year... depth is necessary.

Cook, on the other hand, should be cut.

Trading back 4 spots won't net us a 2nd round pick - that trade is ridiculous and St. Louis wouldn't do it for anyone other than maybe Geno Smith on an epic nose dive.

Not a fan of either of your first two picks, like Warford, Carradine is a round or two too high, like Thomas, don't like a 4th on a RB when they're such plug-and-play guys - rather pick one in the 6th or 7th if we need one, the rest are meh.


Really ? Then why didn't our first round rb (Felix) work out ? Why was the running game absent when Murray was injured ? How come Tanner couldn't get playing time ? It's a little bit harder than just drafting any ol rb and plugging him in. Murray has an injury history. We need a rb we can depend on because as you say depth is necessary.


Tell that to every RB Shanahan has ever drafted, or to the Texans riding on the back of an UDFA, etc etc etc.

Good OL and any RB can look good


Did any of the Skins rb's last year look anything close to being as good as Morris ? Foster is a stud. He would be a stud on any team. He is better than Murray or McFadden or any other starter not named Peterson. But how many Foster's do you see in the nfl ? Mark Ingram is a mediocre back taken in the first round. Think the Saints would switch ?


Evan Royster was looking very good as was Roy Helu prior to Morris taking the league by storm. A ZBS is notorious for being effective at opening up the flood gates for RB's when the proper personel are in place.

And you use high price 1st round picks as an example of what? That there is terrible value for RB's and you're better off using a platoon of late round picks? Mendenhall, McFadden, Richardson, Ingram, Felix - all high round guys who are busting or busted.

I can't even tell what you're trying to prove anymore


Your theory of plug n play rb's is bust. They are harder to find than just drafting someone in the 6th or 7th and thinking they can do the job.
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45098
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Your theory of plug n play rb's is bust. They are harder to find than just drafting someone in the 6th or 7th and thinking they can do the job.


My theory? It's actually Mike Shanahan's "theory" and one that many teams have replicated with great success. Waste a high round pick with great value on a RB who has a short shelf life and a high bust rate, or a late round pick with low value on a RB who is just as likely to have success and similar shelf life... hmmm...

Keep your head in that dark hole it's in - it's working out well for you
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5445
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Look, I get it. He is producing big numbers. But what are we winning as a team? You don't trade Bryant because he is too young and hasn't peaked. He hasn't had a chance to compete for a title like Romo, Ware, Witten, Austin have.

In 1989 we had a similar situation. A team that was going nowhere and had 1 really good player. Herschel Walker. When Johnson traded him I was livid! I thought, how could you give away our BEST player????!!!!

But I soon realized that a player with big numbers on a team with many holes and no titles is a recipee for mediocrity.

You act like I'm saying get rid of him. I'm saying of the vets we have, we have to begin moving some while they have trade value. We need a younger O line and D line. We can draft multiple picks at these positions PLUS a #2 WR and a #2 RB. We have to do some horse trading and sacrificing. Now you KNOW we are not moving Romo, Ware or Witten. So who is left that will garner a decent pick.

If we are going to let two 1st round picks walk away with absolutley nothing to show for it (Jenkins and Jones) then we better begin to make it up in other areas like UDFA players that can garner us SOMETHING.

I just think this year's draft is too deep at our biggest positions of need not to do everything possible to get as many young, quality players as we can. ESPECIALLY if we are going to try to make a run with aging vets like Romo, Witten and Ware. We cannot wait 2 more years to build a 2 lines (offense and defense) thru the draft. We have to do it now.

The Austin thing was a small cog in a big offseason plan. It seems to be the only thing anyone is concerned with.


You're the one who put trade Austin to NO for a 4th. If you don't want people to debate it, don't include it. I'd seriously listen if a team was offering a 2nd round pick, but sorry not for a 4th. It's not like he's in the last year of his contract.

As far as letting Jones walk away, he sucked the last couple of years, so he really had no trade value. I agree that we should have tried to trade Jenkins last year. If you have a player of value, and you know you will not be able to re-sign him, then yes get some value. Same applied to Spencer the last two years.

You really can't compare the Herschell Walker deal to anything. it was just that ridiculous . We got 3-1st's and 3-2nd's for a RB. Team's won't trade more than one 1st, unless it is a QB.

I think we do need to take advantage of the #18 pick and move down to pick up additional picks. I think we need to try to make hay in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. I think we also need to draft at least one RB in the 4th or later rounds. If Murray has a big year in 2013, as much as I like him, I hate paying RB's, so I would be open to trading him.



I agree the Walker deal was ridiculous but the point is we had to do something to get the players we needed to win in here.

As for trading Murray, you would rather trade a young guy who has showed promise and not really given a legit chance to compete on a healthy team for a championship then trade an aging vet with bad hamstrings?

Now THAT is what I call a gutsy GM.

BTW, I didn't say NOT to discuss Austin, I just didn't expect it to overshadow everything else that was posted.

BTWW, if we did get a 4th for him we could package a 3rd and 4th and move up, or some scenario of that sort. Don't you see, it gives us options tomove around in a draft that is too stocked at positions we really need to fix and fix fast if we are going to try for a championship with our remaining vets.


I previously stated that I would seriously consider a 2nd for Austin, and I would consider trading Murray after this season, because he would be in a contract year, RB's can make an impact quick, whereas most WR takes a couple years, so if we draft one this year, and one next year, one of them should pan out. Murray is a physical back, that has been injury prone. Those guys usually don't get healthier as they go. I'd be leery of doing what we did with Barber, and then watching him break down once he gets a big contract. Sorry to blow your mind, but RB's are disposable in the NFL now. I think drafting one in the first round, or paying a big contract to one is a bad decision in a pass happy league. Recycle em with college guys every few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5445
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Your theory of plug n play rb's is bust. They are harder to find than just drafting someone in the 6th or 7th and thinking they can do the job.


My theory? It's actually Mike Shanahan's "theory" and one that many teams have replicated with great success. Waste a high round pick with great value on a RB who has a short shelf life and a high bust rate, or a late round pick with low value on a RB who is just as likely to have success and similar shelf life... hmmm...

Keep your head in that dark hole it's in - it's working out well for you


Lol. I guess I should have read the post before mine Hatter. We had a jinx moment there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Football Mensa


Joined: 13 Dec 2012
Posts: 621
Location: Texas via Louisiana and I love being Cajun...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Your theory of plug n play rb's is bust. They are harder to find than just drafting someone in the 6th or 7th and thinking they can do the job.


My theory? It's actually Mike Shanahan's "theory" and one that many teams have replicated with great success. Waste a high round pick with great value on a RB who has a short shelf life and a high bust rate, or a late round pick with low value on a RB who is just as likely to have success and similar shelf life... hmmm...

Keep your head in that dark hole it's in - it's working out well for you


Of the top 20 rushers for 2012 4 were either taken after the third round or undrafted. 1 of those top 20 was qb. Ya I guess they are really easy to find. If you take the top 30 rushers you would have to add 1 more qb to the list and 2 more backs taken after the third round.

So tell me the many teams that have replicated that success that you are talking about...LOL
_________________
A circle. The direction the Cowboys continue to travel.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2973
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I really didn't expect all of this to come out but let me see if I can put some closure on it from me.


Hatter, thanks for your input. It was greatly appreciated, honestly. The only rebuttle I have is this, in your debate with Mensa you said any RB will look good behind a solid O line.

That is my point exactly. IMO, we need to do whatever we can to fortify our O line with young, talented players.

I say get a 4th for Austin, some say "no Trade" some say "you would never get that" some say "I would do it."

Ok, if he isn't worth at least a 4th to the rest of the league, why is he so damn valuable to us?

Why are so many of you defending a core of players that post ridiculous individual stats, but cannot make the playoffs? I mean, we had do or die against the NYG, The Iggles and the Skins in 5 of the last 6 years, and the results were:

2007 Div Lost NYG
2008 Game 16 Crushed by the Iggles
2009 Game 16/ Wild Card Crushed the Iggles
2010 Crapped the bed
2011 Game 16 Lost in deplaurable fashion against the NYG
2012 Game 16 Lost to the Redskins

I could see if this team were on the brink of the NFC Championship game or Superbowl every year ie: Philly 2001-2004 (OMG I just threw up in my mouth, I just used the Iggles as a comparison for near-success)

But we have been a mediocre laughing stock for far too long now. I feel we need to do a few things to really turn it around:

1. Fix the O and D lines now. Don't build over the next 2 or 3 years and keep our aging vets around. By that time we will need a new QB, a new TE a new OLB/DE a new #2 WR. We need to fix it now. If you look at the teams who are perpetually there in January and February, they have solid trenches.

2. We need guys that are Blue Collar players and as such are paid that way. We have wayyyyy too many fantasy football studs. They post great numbers, demand high salaries, but again, we cannot even make the frickin playoffs!!!!! It's simply not working this way. you can throw all the stats in the world at me. They only matter if you engage in fantasy football. The only stat that really matters, or should to us Cowboys fans at this point is, MAKE THE DAMN PLAYOFFS STAT MONKEYS!!!!

And as a team, they cannot. Something has to change. Cutting guys that suck is obvious. Is trading a guy like Austin the right thing to do? I don't know. All I know is the core players we have been fielding for the past 7 years have very little to show for their team effort.
Now that points to 1 of 2 things:

1. Poor coaching (We had 3 HC in the past 7 years)

2. Poor execution on the players parts.

Thats it. It has to be 1 of the 2 or a combination of both.

I, for one it seems, am ready to do whatever it takes to get guys on this team that can play together as a team, find ways to win, and bring some pride back to this team.

If you say trade Ware and get picks, I'm all ears. If you say trade Romo or Witten or both, I'm listening. Not one of these players has shown that they can put this team on their back when it matters most and deliver. Not One! They have shown flashes in regular season games. They have had nice comebacks, some real thrillers. But for as exciting and as much fun as those games were, they will turn around and hand the game to a scrub team that will ultimatley put is in a "do or die" situation at the end of the season and then what? Guess the News? We Lose!

So after 7 years of the circus, I'm ready to hear some ideas for change. I took a shot, what do you all have? Let me hear your master plan of how this team will compete, one day, if, when, how, whatever..... I'm all ears.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group