Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
macklemore wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
with a good pass rush you can have above average corners back there and get the job done.

au contraire mon frre, with a good cb's and an above average pass-rush, the job will get done.

both are needed.

Realistically, how long can a CB cover a WR? If the rush can't get to the QB by the time that limit is hit, both are useless, right? There are "coverage sacks" but not nearly enough to qualify CBs as valuable as a pass rush in terms of one affecting the other.

+1

I dont want scrub DBs, but a good WR will always get open if given enough time. We need to upgrade both for sure, and we already know we probably wont be able to do it in one draft. If I had to pick only one to fix right now, it would be pass rush.

Silver&Black88 on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say that having a great pass rush helps an average secondary more than having an average pass rush helps a great secondary.

Great teams are great in the trenches. You have to have a good defensive line in order to consistently win games in the NFL.

I'm not saying that a great secondary isn't a good thing to have but it doesn't nearly impact the game as having a great defensive line does.

Didn't Reggie say last off-season that our goal was going to be to build in the trenches outward during our rebuilding process anyway? I'll be really surprised if we take anyone other than Moore or Star if we stay put at number three.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Didn't Reggie say last off-season that our goal was going to be to build in the trenches outward during our rebuilding process anyway? I'll be really surprised if we take anyone other than Moore or Star if we stay put at number three.

Yes he did and that is something I am 100000000000% OK w/ and it is my thinking w/ Star being our pick if we have to stay there and he's on the board. We can find a true NT later. If we keep fresh legs on the line and have good depth, we will have the first building block in turning things around IMO.

PM sig requests.
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Yes he did and that is something I am 100000000000% OK w/ and it is my thinking w/ Star being our pick if we have to stay there and he's on the board. We can find a true NT later. If we keep fresh legs on the line and have good depth, we will have the first building block in turning things around IMO.

I'd be happy with Star but I'd be even happier if we moved down and took Jesse Williams.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

i have faith in tarver so moore and star might not be that bad but they wouldnt be my first choice. dont have a lot of faith in the dbs and thats da's specialty.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
i have faith in tarver so moore and star might not be that bad but they wouldnt be my first choice. dont have a lot of faith in the dbs and thats da's specialty.

Are you seriously hating on DA for our DB's last year? Did you forget how many injuries we had there? Our cupboard was straight up bare. We didn't have 2 nickels to rub together to patch it up going into last season either.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Are you seriously hating on DA for our DB's last year? Did you forget how many injuries we had there? Our cupboard was straight up bare. We didn't have 2 nickels to rub together to patch it up going into last season either.

What is even more funny is Chiefs and Eagles both had worse pass defense with big name CB's and pass rushers.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

dbs that they hand picked got injured and left us bare. then they got rid of lee

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

dbs that they hand picked got injured and left us bare. then they got rid of lee

I'll give you Lee for sure, I still don't get that move. They "handpicked" those guys because they couldn't afford anyone else.

Seriously: Branch, Huff, Giordano, Mitchell, Adams, Ross, Bartell, Lee and Spencer all got hurt at least once last year.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Lets assume for a second that he'll instantly be a top 5-10 corner if we draft him in the first.

Remember when we had Nnamdi? He was the best, and our defense was still terrible.

I think we need to build the trenches

He was only the best because we ran a vanilla bump and run that always favored the LCB, who typically covers the #1, because Nnamdi was significantly more difficult to pass on then Stanford Routt, DeAngelo, or whatever else garbage we had at the LCB. Point Nnamdi can't earn the title "the best" because he was never tested.

Sidenote: I like Huff at CB, he makes plays and plays like an average CB. Something I don't think we have had since Eric Allen and CW.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milliner is a great prospect but I feel there is great talent available in rounds 2-3 and several good young and not too expensive CBs in free agency so I'd pass on drafting Milliner unless we traded down to 12-15 and he slips that far.
coach 2007

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we tade Down we may be able to pick up both a CB and a DL. Theres some CB who could fall to the second round. Like Taylor(BSU) Trufant(Washington) and Poyer(Oregon State)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally really like Jordan Poyer a lot. If we could somehow end up with Jesse Williams and Poyer, I might just cry on draft day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie finds guys off the street that can play CB, I'm not for taking this guy in the 1st.

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
101Raider

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
I personally really like Jordan Poyer a lot. If we could somehow end up with Jesse Williams and Poyer, I might just cry on draft day.

+1 I'd take that duo anyday

Poyer is my favorite CB in the draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: