Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We have to re-sign Alexander

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: We have to re-sign Alexander Reply with quote

Need to Know: Versatility will help free agent Alexander

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandlers-real-redsk/2013/01/need-to-know-versatility-will-help-free-agent-alexander.html

Zo shined in the pro bowl, which I guess doesn't mean much but still he's shown what he's worth to this organization over the years, especially last year. He was 1st in the NFC and 2nd in the game with 5 tackles, all solo. Zo wants to be back and said the only way he'd leave is if he was offered a starting position somewhere.

Quote:
Alexander is an unrestricted free agent and his ability to contribute on defense will go a long way towards determining the value of his new contract. After playing just 11 snaps on defense in 2011, he was in on 325 defensive plays this year, about 27 percent of the teamís total on defense.

Going into the year, Alexander learned the finer points of playing inside linebacker and he was supposed to back up London Fletcher and Perry Riley. But after Brian Orakpo was lost for the season with a Week 2 injury, most of his defensive action came from at outside linebacker. He ended up with 2.5 sacks, nine QB hurries and 12 QB hits.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope London F decides sooner , rather than later if he wants to come back. If he retires--that gives us a nice chunk freed up to sign Lo.. We do badly need to bring him back- a True Redskin..Love the guy.
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I hope London F decides sooner , rather than later if he wants to come back. If he retires--that gives us a nice chunk freed up to sign Lo.. We do badly need to bring him back- a True Redskin..Love the guy.

I'm not sure how much it would actually free up. Per RotoWorld, Fletcher's contract has $6.75M in guaranteed money, including all of his 2012 salary and $3.5M signing bonus. Per spotrac, his 2012 salary was $1.75M.

3.50 + 1.75 = 5.25

I don't know where the other $1.5M guarantee is. It could be in his 2013 salary; it could be only for injury.

At best, Fletcher retiring would only open up $3.75M in salary cap space. If the $1.5M is fully guaranteed (I'd be somewhat shocked if it were), we'd only recoup $2.25M.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: