Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agent General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4444/dashon-goldson

Quote:
A league source tells CSN Bay Area it's "no certainty" the 49ers will use the franchise tag on free agent FS Dashon Goldson for the second consecutive offseason.

This is my number one guy if he actually hits free agency.

I posted a question in the 9ers section asking if it would be wise to give Dashon $40 million when guys like Kaepernick, Smith, Crabtree, Iupoti to name a few are only under contract until 2014. Those guys are all gonna command huge contracts. Is it wise to spend that much on a safety when they could snag a starting safety with their first round pick?

We could really use a veteran back there helping Barron/rookie corner(s)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
A league source tells CSN Bay Area it's "no certainty" the 49ers will use the franchise tag on free agent FS Dashon Goldson for the second consecutive offseason.

I posted a question in the 9ers section asking if it would be wise to give Dashon $40 million when guys like Kaepernick, Smith, Crabtree, Iupoti to name a few are only under contract until 2014. Those guys are all gonna command huge contracts. Is it wise to spend that much on a safety when they could snag a starting safety with their first round pick?

He's going to get overpaid. He's more of a SS. He can hit but cannot cover. He was exposed big time in the playoffs. Seems out of position.

I like William Moore as a better option.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

He's going to get overpaid. He's more of a SS. He can hit but cannot cover. He was exposed big time in the playoffs. Seems out of position.

I like William Moore as a better option.

Doesn't Moore play more in the box than Goldson?

2" smaller and 20lbs heavier.

I love the fact Dashon brings the lumber and he can create to's as well. 9 ints in the last 2 years. He is just coming into his prime and has been part of one of the best if not the best defense in the NFL the last few years.

I would love Moore as well but I think there is zero chance he hits the open market.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though we would have to trade for him I thought it would be best to post this in the free agent thread.

I know we have talked about Revis before but this is the 1st I have actually seen a writer actually name us as one of two teams he should go to.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140363/article/jets-should-trade-darrelle-revis-to-49ers-or-bucs-build-for-future

Quote:
Tampa Bay makes a lot of sense. The Buccaneers have plenty of cap room. Coach Greg Schiano loves Revis' style. GM Mark Dominik needs a winning season. Revis is very marketable, and there are a ton of New York transplants living in Tampa. That's important to the Glazer family. Could the Jets get a first-rounder this year and next year for Revis? Tampa would pay him. A win for everyone.

I by no means want to give up a 1st but would be happy to have him here. Keep this years 1st and trade our 2nd. Draft a DL or LB with our 1st pick and still sign Mike Jenkins or someone in FA. The author makes a good point for Revis to Tampa here but not at the cost of 2 1st round picks, or maybe even any for that matter.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Even though we would have to trade for him I thought it would be best to post this in the free agent thread.

I know we have talked about Revis before but this is the 1st I have actually seen a writer actually name us as one of two teams he should go to.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000140363/article/jets-should-trade-darrelle-revis-to-49ers-or-bucs-build-for-future

Quote:
Tampa Bay makes a lot of sense. The Buccaneers have plenty of cap room. Coach Greg Schiano loves Revis' style. GM Mark Dominik needs a winning season. Revis is very marketable, and there are a ton of New York transplants living in Tampa. That's important to the Glazer family. Could the Jets get a first-rounder this year and next year for Revis? Tampa would pay him. A win for everyone.

I by no means want to give up a 1st but would be happy to have him here. Keep this years 1st and trade our 2nd. Draft a DL or LB with our 1st pick and still sign Mike Jenkins or someone in FA. The author makes a good point for Revis to Tampa here but not at the cost of 2 1st round picks, or maybe even any for that matter.

If we were one corner away like the cowboys/miners were with Deion hell yea do it. But we have more than just a corner we need. That's a deal you make for a Luck RG3 etc.

No!
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:

Quote:

If we were one corner away like the cowboys/miners were with Deion hell yea do it. But we have more than just a corner we need. That's a deal you make for a Luck RG3 etc.

No!

If we were one piece away maybe. But Bennett is likely to test the market. Bowers is in some serious trouble. Cb and FS is a need. Te. And the qb position is still in question and may need to draft a guy next year.

I think it's too much and we don't need an elite cb to win a Super Bowl.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, let's say the Lions place the non exclusive franchise tag on Cliff Avril. Do you think your team would sign him if the Lions agree to have you give a 2nd and 6th (instead of your 1st this and next year)
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
So, let's say the Lions place the non exclusive franchise tag on Cliff Avril. Do you think your team would sign him if the Lions agree to have you give a 2nd and 6th (instead of your 1st this and next year)

Haha. Absolutely not. Avril can't play the run and put up similar numbers to Bennett last year. We will resign Bennett before that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

Haha. Absolutely not. Avril can't play the run and put up similar numbers to Bennett last year. We will resign Bennett before that.
Okay, thanks for the quick response!
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Eric Ebron
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: Martin Mayhew

R.I.P. Stylish
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I would tend to agree that signing Bennett will be the priority over other DEs on the market. The tough part with Bennett is determing his market value because this was his first year starting. As long as his price doesn't become outrageous (which I would believe Johnson and Avril would get better deals because they have a longer track record), the team has plenty of cap room to get him resigned.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:

I would tend to agree that signing Bennett will be the priority over other DEs on the market. The tough part with Bennett is determing his market value because this was his first year starting. As long as his price doesn't become outrageous (which I would believe Johnson and Avril would get better deals because they have a longer track record), the team has plenty of cap room to get him resigned.

Well, we're not using the Franchise Tag on Bennett, so don't think we'll go as high as 10 Million, which is the price of the Franchise Tag for DEs.

Bennett is going to hit the market whether we like it or not. I do not have a great feeling we sign him back. I want him back at the right price. 7 or 8 million is reasonable for a solid Starter LDE in this league. Solid pass rusher and good run defender. Don't forget, this was his first year starter and has really only 1 good year under his belt.

If some team comes at him with 9-10 million a year, I say, good bye to Bennett. I want him back, but it's pretty obvious Mark Dominik will not overpay for him.

Honestly, I don't think we're going to be heavy spenders. I think we add veteran players to go along with our young core and continue to add the Best players in the draft.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Multiple league sources tells CSN Bay Area the 49ers are "leaning toward not placing the franchise tag" on free agent S Dashon Goldson.
Retaining Goldson is expected to be one of the 49ers' top priorities, but beat writer Matt Maiocco reports the sides are "not believed to be close on a long-term contract agreement." The Niners have eight more days to change their mind about the franchise tag. Goldson would be due $7.5 if tagged for the second consecutive season.

Ding, ding, ding!

I can't see how the 9ers get Dashon back. They don't have much wiggle room and have some huge contracts coming in the next year or so.

I would LOVE to pair him with Barron!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
Multiple league sources tells CSN Bay Area the 49ers are "leaning toward not placing the franchise tag" on free agent S Dashon Goldson.
Retaining Goldson is expected to be one of the 49ers' top priorities, but beat writer Matt Maiocco reports the sides are "not believed to be close on a long-term contract agreement." The Niners have eight more days to change their mind about the franchise tag. Goldson would be due $7.5 if tagged for the second consecutive season.

Ding, ding, ding!

I can't see how the 9ers get Dashon back. They don't have much wiggle room and have some huge contracts coming in the next year or so.

I hope we don't sign him. We're better off drafting a FS.
BBando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Ding, ding, ding!

I want this guy the most if he hits the market.

garbage
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/779/nnamdi-asomugha

Quote:
The Philadelphia Inquirer reiterates that Nnamdi Asomugha appears "more likely to be released than kept."

I would love to take a look at Nnamdi if he is let go.

Once considered the best corner in the game, I'm sure his pride has been hurt and that he will want to prove he is still a top tier guy. Put him in the left side and let him do his thing.

Could be a nice vet addition especially if Ronde doesn't sign or isn't welcome back.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 4 of 56

Jump to: