Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agent General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keenan Lewis is a guy I can't see Pittsburgh letting go but they're cap strapped. They have a lot of decisions to make regarding vets and their young guys. They may sign Wallace who knows. I don't think they can afford him

Keenan Lewis would be an excellent addition at a good price.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/2013/01/pittsburgh-steelers-should-re-sign-cornerback-keenan-lewis-even-if-cortez-allen-is-ready-to-start/#.UQfUgr-9Kc0

Keenan Lewis is seeking a contract around 5 years 30-35 mil. Steelers are cap strapped 12 million over. This guy would be a good addition. Teams thought they could pick on Lewis and he responded. 23 passes defenses and was one of the best in fewest TDs and receptions allowed.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh NOW people want bush? Rolling Eyes ... That would require a 2-back system which isn't what we need to do now that we have doug martin.. think about how martin would feel about that also... would be a horrible signing not to mention a lot of money...

I would like a couple 2nd tier free agents like a Sedrick Ellis or Glen Dorsey, maybe a fullback if a good one is available...

Not a great CB free agent group this year, while the draft is deep at CB so I think we address that in the draft... Same thing with TE and safety

Are there any receivers out there that could make a decent slot guy?
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5336/keenan-lewis

Quote:
Steelers beat writer Gerry Dulac says the team "almost certainly" plans to re-sign impending free agent CB Keenan Lewis

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
Steelers beat writer Gerry Dulac says the team "almost certainly" plans to re-sign impending free agent CB Keenan Lewis

Too bad for us, Keenan Lewis is really good. Solid corner.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Too bad for us, Keenan Lewis is really good. Solid corner.

It's going to be interesting to see how Pittsburgh does that. 12 million over the cap with mike Wallace a free agent as well.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5328/roy-miller

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Times reports there have been "no substantive contract talks" between the Bucs and free agent DT Roy Miller.

Interesting...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
The Tampa Bay Times reports there have been "no substantive contract talks" between the Bucs and free agent DT Roy Miller.

Interesting...

Weird, I thought he did pretty well this year. Nothing spectacular, but a good depth guy to have.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

#Bills release of George Wilson likely indicates 0 percent chance Jairus Byrd gets away. Either long-term deal or franchise tag.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Interesting...

Weird, I thought he did pretty well this year. Nothing spectacular, but a good depth guy to have.

That's probably the issue. Maybe miller and his agent think he can get better money on the market while we see him more of a rotational run stopper.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Interesting...

That's probably the issue. Maybe miller and his agent think he can get better money on the market while we see him more of a rotational run stopper.

Roy Miller is a good rotational player to have on the roster at the right price. I think the Bucs are playing it right by letting him get into the market and figure out his worth. He is a good run stopper at NT in a 4-3, don't think he is big enough to be NT on a 3-4. In addition, his 1.5 career sacks shows he offers nothing in the pass rush dept.

I think they eventually resign him after free agency begins.
RedCoat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Interesting...

Roy Miller is a good rotational player to have on the roster at the right price. I think the Bucs are playing it right by letting him get into the market and figure out his worth. He is a good run stopper at NT in a 4-3, don't think he is big enough to be NT on a 3-4. In addition, his 1.5 career sacks shows he offers nothing in the pass rush dept.

I think they eventually resign him after free agency begins.
Just to add, McCoy finished with more tackles than Miller last year + his 5 sacks, and IMO, it appeared to be McCoy getting the double teams more often than not..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bucs GM Mark Dominik indicated that he plans to be active in free agency again this offseason.
The Bucs signed Vincent Jackson, Eric Wright, and Carl Nicks last March, and still have $30.1 million to work with this spring. "We've got a chance to be (heavily) involved in free agency again," said Dominik, adding that some of the money will be used to retain in-house players. If the Bucs intend to upgrade at running back behind Doug Martin, free agent Ahmad Bradshaw would be a nice fit. He also knows Bucs OC Mike Sullivan from their Giants days.

Bradshaw??
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Bradshaw. Not as explosive as he once was, but hey he's better than Blount.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I wouldn't mind Bradshaw. Not as explosive as he once was, but hey he's better than Blount.

Wouldn't mind Bradshaw either but Doug Martin is a rising top rb. Will he accept the #2 role and spell Martin? I think we need to draft Martins bac up who can spell him. Bradshaw will want more carries than what he'd get in Tampa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 2 of 56

Jump to: