Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agent General Discussion
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: 2013 Free Agent General Discussion Reply with quote

Thought it might be a good idea to fire a thread up where we can discuss this years free agents.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3600/reggie-bush

Quote:
Sources tell CBS' Jason La Canfora free agent Reggie Bush is "highly unlikely" to re-sign with the Dolphins.

Bush would be great backing up Martin, returning punts and kicks. He also wouldn't have to move very far.

Michael Johnson 11 tackles | 2 sacks | 1 ff
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to add Sean Smith and Reggie Bush. Won't happen, but it would be great.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie would be a great pickup, but I don't see it happening. He'll want a starting role somewhere.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm the Bengals, Jets, or Green Bay I'd be all over him. But, seeing Martin is a 15-17 carry per game type guy there's really no room for his ego in Tampa. Bush is easily going to want at least 10-20 touches per game and we already have a capable receiver in Martin.

On the contrary, I'm more interested in a big bruising #2 back.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:
I would love to add Sean Smith and Reggie Bush. Won't happen, but it would be great.

Sean Smith is the guy that I currently want the most.

I wanted Jackson the most last season, maybe Smith makes it two years in a row Very Happy

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a lot of us are still caught up in all the hype of last offseasons aquisituons. No doubt Vincent Jackson and carl Nicks were excellent pick ups. But looking at the free agents this year is more like saying Buyer Beware.

While we got a top tier wr and all pro guard their really isn't a difference maker on the market besides Jarius Byrd.

I understand that we need help but overspending for solid players isn't the way to go. Is Sean Smith a good cb ? Yes. But theirs a reason Miami is going to let him walk. He wants big money. Same with DRC.

The guy I would love to have hit the market is Byrd. He would add a legitimate playmaker to our defense. Stud and top 5 safety in the nfl hands down. Would be worth the money.
CHOMP_CHOMP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I think a lot of us are still caught up in all the hype of last offseasons aquisituons. No doubt Vincent Jackson and carl Nicks were excellent pick ups. But looking at the free agents this year is more like saying Buyer Beware.

While we got a top tier wr and all pro guard their really isn't a difference maker on the market besides Jarius Byrd.

I understand that we need help but overspending for solid players isn't the way to go. Is Sean Smith a good cb ? Yes. But theirs a reason Miami is going to let him walk. He wants big money. Same with DRC.

The guy I would love to have hit the market is Byrd. He would add a legitimate playmaker to our defense. Stud and top 5 safety in the nfl hands down. Would be worth the money.

This is my thought process as well.

Byrd is on the top of my wish list. And its not even close.
BBando

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt Byrd hits the market. If he does Buffalo is stupid.

garbage
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBando wrote:
Doubt Byrd hits the market. If he does Buffalo is stupid.

That's what I'm banking on. Buffalo is already tied up in a ton of money to Williams Johnson and Fitzpatrick. Can they afford to pay Byrd?
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:

Definitely. I disagree though about difference makers on the FA market. There are guys like Dwight Freeney, Jared Cook, and Michael Johnson looking to hit the open market.

Regarding Sean Smith, he said he was looking for a contract something similar to Jason McCourty's (5 year $43 million $20 guaranteed)

9 million a year isn't really bad for a guy like Sean Smith. 26 years old 6'3 220 pound CB that can match-up against the bigger WR's in our division. Given his moderate success against AJ Green and Fitz this year, I'm willing to take a chance.

Byrd is a great coverage FS but he takes bad angles in pursuit and isn't a sure tackler.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what so many see in Jared Cook. He's been nothing but a huge dissapoinwnt. Had a ton of hype coming out of school as he was a great athlete bit hasn't been reliable.

I don't see Sean Smith as a #1 cb. Is he better than Eric Wright? Yes. No doubt but I'm not sure he's as good as advertised. I've spoke to a friend who's a Miami fan and wouldn't mind seeing him walk. Was too inconsistent and won't e worth what he wants.

I think a lot of us are overrating the CBs on the market.

Also Michael Johnson isn't going anywhere. Bengals have a ton of cap room.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I'm not sure what so many see in Jared Cook. He's been nothing but a huge dissapoinwnt. Had a ton of hype coming out of school as he was a great athlete bit hasn't been reliable.

I don't see Sean Smith as a #1 cb. Is he better than Eric Wright? Yes. No doubt but I'm not sure he's as good as advertised. I've spoke to a friend who's a Miami fan and wouldn't mind seeing him walk. Was too inconsistent and won't e worth what he wants.

I think a lot of us are overrating the CBs on the market.

Also Michael Johnson isn't going anywhere. Bengals have a ton of cap room.
Where is this coming from? Cook has a 61% catching percentage compared to a guy like Jimmy Graham who's at 62. He is a mis-match on most NFL linebackers with his athletic ability and hasn't been used properly in TEN.

Well, if the guy can hold 9 receptions 65 yards on 13 targets and 8 on 64 yards with 14 targets against A.J Green and Larry Fitzgerald respectively, - I'd say he is #1 material. I think 8.6 mill a year isn't that bad of a contract for Smith. But, you just aren't going to get any better in the secondary relying on rookies in the draft. Getting the cream of the crop FA's WILL help this team. Smith will help this team. Either way, Tampa will have to overpay to get better at the position. Beggers can't be choosers. Its the price you pay when draft bad.

I wouldn't bank on the MJ prediction. They want to keep Andre Smith and Geno Atkins is about to get PAAIIIID.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can talk all we want about Johnson, Byrd, Melton, Moore but there is zero chance they hit the market.

The reason I have brought up Smith a few times is because he isn't coming off of an injury (Grimes) and isn't know to be soft (DRC). He is still young, plays physical.

For those wondering why they may let him walk... Long is gone and he will be scooped up asap, Bush could help every team in the NFL yet he is being shown the door, they let Marshall walk for nothing last year, and last but not least Davis left for a mid/late second round pick. For a team lacking talent/play makers looks to me like they are going in the wrong direction, maybe it isn't the players but the people calling the shots that that should be questioned.

ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there is an opportunity to acquire CBs thru free agency who are currently on teams with serious cap issue. Keenan Lewis from the Steelers and Cary Williams from the Ravens. come to mind. Good starting CBs in the league, who will get good money, not outrageous money.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I believe there is an opportunity to acquire CBs thru free agency who are currently on teams with serious cap issue. Keenan Lewis from the Steelers and Cary Williams from the Ravens. come to mind. Good starting CBs in the league, who will get good money, not outrageous money.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4967/cary-williams

Quote:
Impending free agent CB Cary Williams believes he might be worth $8-$10 million per year on the open market.

He would be a solid grab as well. Maybe not for the price you would think but coming off of a solid season, deep playoff experience, and still pretty young.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 1 of 56

Jump to: