Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Darelle Revis
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Darelle Revis Reply with quote

Darelle Revis is on the trading block and the bills have been mentioned that they are interested in getting him. Also it is said that the Jets wouldnt want to trade inside the division but my hypothetical question is if the Jets were willing to trade him to the bills would you a) want to trade for him even with the amount of money he is asking for which the bills can offer him? b) what would you be willing to give up? It is said to be around a 1st rd and 2nd rd pick. Again this is hypothetical question I doubt that the jets would be dumb enough to trade him in the division but anything can happen.

Me personally would give up a 2nd rd this year and a 3rd rd that can turn into a 2nd round if he plays every game and is healthy in next years draft. He is considered the best CB in the league and if we kept byrd the only weakness in the back would be SS which draft could be the answer for that position. I know it could hurt the bills with a bloated contract but can you pass up on this elite player?

Thanks Max
EccentricFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he were a free agent it would be one thing, but between paying him what he needs to pay and the Jets getting whatever draft picks we're giving up, I don't think it's worth it. Sure Revis is Revis, but for the kind of money we'd have to pay him, we could probably get a quality WR in Free Agency.

Then we could use those two draft picks you want to give up to address other needs. Seems like we'd their combined value would be greater than Revis's. With the Rookie Wage scale, draft picks just become too valuable as a way to keep your salaries under control.

We're not in a terrible situation, but I don't want to help the Jets dig themselves out of their hole.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EccentricFan wrote:
If he were a free agent it would be one thing, but between paying him what he needs to pay and the Jets getting whatever draft picks we're giving up, I don't think it's worth it. Sure Revis is Revis, but for the kind of money we'd have to pay him, we could probably get a quality WR in Free Agency.

Then we could use those two draft picks you want to give up to address other needs. Seems like we'd their combined value would be greater than Revis's. With the Rookie Wage scale, draft picks just become too valuable as a way to keep your salaries under control.

We're not in a terrible situation, but I don't want to help the Jets dig themselves out of their hole.

Agree 100%. Do not underestimate the importance of that last paragraph. The last thing we should be doing is helping the Jets out of their financial bind, all the while making it more likely that we end up with the same Cap issues they have.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to demand Mario Williams money. We can't afford 2 of them. So we give up at least 1st rounder and two 2nd rounders. To have a player for 1 season. Doesn't make sense.

TommyC376^^^
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd only want Revis for a 2013 2nd and 2014 1st.. That's the most I'd be willing to part with for him so likely not enough.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't want him at all. I question his character, love for the game, and he would just be a head ache in our locker room.

I wouldn't want to give up multiple draft picks for just a CB, especially since teams will run on us 85% of the time because we cant stop it.

We are not one shutdown CB away from being contenders.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree the bills arent one shut down corner away but having a backfield with Byrd, Gilmore and Revis can cause alot of problems for the tom bradys, Peyton Mannings and Dres Brees style qbs. Look at the playoffs on how many yards these qbs got because they have been facing inferior DBs and the QBs have been torching them. I dont agree on the part where you question his character and work ethic. The guy is quiet in the locker room and he works hard on the field the only issues he has is money issues he feels that he is the best player in the league and the amount of money he makes is low so yes I would want to get paid some more who wouldnt. Once he gets paid he will be just fine. Now if you were talking about trading for Cromartie or Holmes then the issues would be character issues and work ethic those guys run their mouths alot.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I agree the bills arent one shut down corner away but having a backfield with Byrd, Gilmore and Revis can cause alot of problems for the tom bradys, Peyton Mannings and Dres Brees style qbs. Look at the playoffs on how many yards these qbs got because they have been facing inferior DBs and the QBs have been torching them. I dont agree on the part where you question his character and work ethic. The guy is quiet in the locker room and he works hard on the field the only issues he has is money issues he feels that he is the best player in the league and the amount of money he makes is low so yes I would want to get paid some more who wouldnt. Once he gets paid he will be just fine. Now if you were talking about trading for Cromartie or Holmes then the issues would be character issues and work ethic those guys run their mouths alot.

The last time he got paid the big contract, he said if he continued to play the way he was he would expect more money and would probably hold out again. He said this like a week after his new contract. Sounds like a real pompous [inappropriate/removed]. I wouldn't trade for him simply because of his contract.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure where you get your source and it isnt important but just so you know what you said is incorrect as they have a clause on him where he wouldnt even be able to hold out and if he did his contract extended an additional year and that his base salary would stay at $3 million.

Having the best CB in the league for $6 million is a steal yes players deserve contract extensions for more money, he sees that he is the best and wants to get paid the same as other mediocre CB who were thrown money like Carr and Finnigan and players get cut for being terrrible thats the risk of giving a player a contract. I think revis deserves to get paid more and he will with whatever team he goes to. Nothing has come out since he signed his last contract about holding out and wanting more money

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
I am not sure where you get your source and it isnt important but just so you know what you said is incorrect as they have a clause on him where he wouldnt even be able to hold out and if he did his contract extended an additional year and that his base salary would stay at $3 million.

Having the best CB in the league for $6 million is a steal yes players deserve contract extensions for more money, he sees that he is the best and wants to get paid the same as other mediocre CB who were thrown money like Carr and Finnigan and players get cut for being terrrible thats the risk of giving a player a contract. I think revis deserves to get paid more and he will with whatever team he goes to. Nothing has come out since he signed his last contract about holding out and wanting more money

Im sorry, are you telling me what I heard on ESPN is incorrect? Okay good to know, I will forget everything they have told me and come to you for my information. Is Doug Marrone actually the Bills Head Coach?

Also saying he cannot hold out is absurd. Revis can do whatever the hell he wants. if we doesn't want to attend training camp to prove he's worth more then he wont.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

Im sorry, are you telling me what I heard on ESPN is incorrect? Okay good to know, I will forget everything they have told me and come to you for my information. Is Doug Marrone actually the Bills Head Coach?

Also saying he cannot hold out is absurd. Revis can do whatever the hell he wants. if we doesn't want to attend training camp to prove he's worth more then he wont.

Additionally, if he has a clause in his Jets contract that says he can't hold out, then that's a deal he has with the Jets. I believe that would become null and void once his contract with the Jets is over.

Similar to the MMA world. Strikeforce put clauses into the contracts of several of their top fighters that said they could not fight in the UFC as long as Strikeforce had a contract with Showtime, even if the fighters' Strikeforce contracts were up. Well, Strikeforce and Showtime no linger have a contract, and all the top Strikeforce fighters are now fighting in the UFC.

Any clause that Revis and the Jets agree to means nothing if he isn't playing for the Jets.

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
cdavls17

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bigbillsfan, trent is saying with his new contract he got over a couple of years ago that he is on now that what he read from espn is saying revis will hold out which is nonsense. reason behind it is that the clause in his contract if he would hold out they extend his contract from 2014 to 2015 with a base of $3 million so if he held out one day the jets are guaranteed to have him until 2015.

For you to get all worked up about something you misread I am informing you of the truth since it is stated everywhere. Just because you read someones article doesnt necissarily mean its true.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82ad699e/article/darrelle-revis-holdout-plans-doomed-by-jets-contract

Quote:
Revis acknowledged Thursday he has a clause in his contract that tacks on three more years at a team-friendly $3 million per year if he holds out from camp.

Anyone can easily put this in contracts exspecially for players like revis who see new contracts thrown at people like Finnigan and Carr at hsis position or Mario type contract. You sign him to a new contract put that in their and be done with it before making the trade official.

Thanks Max
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 Million is a steal for a player of his caliber, but it's a 1 Year Rental. Bills would be forced to sacrifice Picks & Pony up $ 100 Million to retain his servies. After the deal given to Mario Williams, not sure a Franchise like Buffalo can really shoulder two massive contracts.
BigBillsFan13

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Bigbillsfan, trent is saying with his new contract he got over a couple of years ago that he is on now that what he read from espn is saying revis will hold out which is nonsense. reason behind it is that the clause in his contract if he would hold out they extend his contract from 2014 to 2015 with a base of $3 million so if he held out one day the jets are guaranteed to have him until 2015.

For you to get all worked up about something you misread I am informing you of the truth since it is stated everywhere. Just because you read someones article doesnt necissarily mean its true.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82ad699e/article/darrelle-revis-holdout-plans-doomed-by-jets-contract

Quote:
Revis acknowledged Thursday he has a clause in his contract that tacks on three more years at a team-friendly $3 million per year if he holds out from camp.

Anyone can easily put this in contracts exspecially for players like revis who see new contracts thrown at people like Finnigan and Carr at hsis position or Mario type contract. You sign him to a new contract put that in their and be done with it before making the trade official.

I understand what you're saying, but what I'm saying is that any clause written into a contract between Revis and the Jets means nothing if he's playing for the Bills. He could get traded to us and hold out with no repercussions.

I'm not getting worked up over anything.

Also, it might not be the best idea to say "Just because you read someone's article doesn't necessarily mean it's true", then post a link to another article. Kind of invalidates the point you're trying to make.

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
West Coast is Best Coast
-Hope- wrote:
BBF droppin cold hard facts up in hurr
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:

Quote:

You are completely misunderstanding what I have said.

After Revis signed his new deal, he had an interview in person and said if he continues to play at a top level, he could see himself holding out again if his contract wasn't where he thinks it should be.

Like BigBillsFan13 has said, once he is traded there is nothing stopping him from holding out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: