Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013-14 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's more the argument that next year will more than likely have at least 3-5 QB's who are more talented that Geno is. I agree with you, if you think he will be THAT good and he's there, then yeah, you take him. Granted, not sure if they value him that highly. Either way, my favorite QB in the draft is still Tyler Wilson

Tyler Wilson is my favorite quarterback in this draft.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
Quote:
It's more the argument that next year will more than likely have at least 3-5 QB's who are more talented that Geno is. I agree with you, if you think he will be THAT good and he's there, then yeah, you take him. Granted, not sure if they value him that highly. Either way, my favorite QB in the draft is still Tyler Wilson

Could be this year's Russell Wilson; leadership, intangibles, poise, etc.
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
Quote:

Could be this year's Russell Wilson; leadership, intangibles, poise, etc.

He's the only QB i'd be ok with in the 1st 3 rounds.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RDawg10 wrote:
I honestly am the one person i know of that hates Geno Smith as a prospect. I hope to god we dont take the guy. I watched footage after footage and i just dont see how his game is going to translate to the game speed at the next level. Yeah hes got a big arm and can make some pretty nice throws. But in all honesty if you watch the Syracuse and Kansas State game, you will honestly say to yourself wait what?

My negatives for the guy is that he cannot read defenses. After his first read, hes extremely in accurate. At the next level hes not going to have 5 seconds to get rid of the ball like he does in most games in college. If his first read is gone, the only way he makes a good throw is if he has forever to throw the ball. Most of the time he takes chances on his athletic recievers making plays as well.

Geno also is extremely skiddish when blitzed. Because of that you can see him identify a blitz and change the play every time. Its either a play action screen to the half back or screen pass outside. Lets not forget Geno struggles in weather. That Syracuse game, he couldnt do anything. He tried to stretch the field but in the cold it didnt work. For Geno its either short 4 yard passes or 40 yard deep throws. Where is the intermediate accuracy? Its not there.

I for one become very skeptical when a strong defense like Kansas state plays zone coverage off the line to about 10-15 yards out and only sending 4 guys throughout the whole first half. then in the second half zero adjustments are made for the WV offense. Maybe you can blame the coach but when Geno began making those intermediate/spot throws, he struggled drastically. Hes use to the same gameplan and play flow each week and with the athletic wide recievers, the gameplan works. Short 5 yard throws or screens and then hopefully draw the coverage to the line and throw the ball deep. Thats the gameplan each week, but when a more athletic defense comes on that can make open field tackles, west virginia has problems.

What if Geno was in the SEC? you could absolutely forget about him. The speed would be way to much for the guy. In the WV offensive gameplan, there are an extremely vast amount of screen passes. These rely on each person to make the right block for it to be successful. If one player fails to make their individual block, the play is most of the time unsuccessful. Geno has one main job when stepping to the line. It is to read the defense and make sure the blitz will not affect the play. If you can read the blitz, that most likely means you have tight man coverage on the side. An nfl quarterback will either slide protection to that side and have two recievers running 9 routes and one reciever running inside to draw the safety. Problem is, is that Geno does not slide protection, does not change the play. Instead he will try to get the play off, and the ball is either batted down by the blitz or its a 1 yard gain or loss.

I just utterly cant take hearing how much people like this guy anymore. I just dont see what everyone sees in him. I hope we never draft the guy.

Hes not going to be elite or good. average at best. I will book my name on that statement every day of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-oCe2E9Nuw
Kansas State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aF3SJZyT_c
Syracuse

did you really just post 2 games to not take from

I can bet every prospect ever has had 2 bad games

Geno Smith's skill set fits perfectly into what Mornhinweg wants to do and I could see him being very very very successful in our system

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im really starting to like next year's RB class, you got Muema, Archer, Damien Williams, Ka Deem Carey James White, and possibly Gurley and Yeldon.

Not bad at all. If neither Powell or Goodson pan out we arent in terrible shape.
Revis4president

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
RDawg10 wrote:
I honestly am the one person i know of that hates Geno Smith as a prospect. I hope to god we dont take the guy. I watched footage after footage and i just dont see how his game is going to translate to the game speed at the next level. Yeah hes got a big arm and can make some pretty nice throws. But in all honesty if you watch the Syracuse and Kansas State game, you will honestly say to yourself wait what?

My negatives for the guy is that he cannot read defenses. After his first read, hes extremely in accurate. At the next level hes not going to have 5 seconds to get rid of the ball like he does in most games in college. If his first read is gone, the only way he makes a good throw is if he has forever to throw the ball. Most of the time he takes chances on his athletic recievers making plays as well.

Geno also is extremely skiddish when blitzed. Because of that you can see him identify a blitz and change the play every time. Its either a play action screen to the half back or screen pass outside. Lets not forget Geno struggles in weather. That Syracuse game, he couldnt do anything. He tried to stretch the field but in the cold it didnt work. For Geno its either short 4 yard passes or 40 yard deep throws. Where is the intermediate accuracy? Its not there.

I for one become very skeptical when a strong defense like Kansas state plays zone coverage off the line to about 10-15 yards out and only sending 4 guys throughout the whole first half. then in the second half zero adjustments are made for the WV offense. Maybe you can blame the coach but when Geno began making those intermediate/spot throws, he struggled drastically. Hes use to the same gameplan and play flow each week and with the athletic wide recievers, the gameplan works. Short 5 yard throws or screens and then hopefully draw the coverage to the line and throw the ball deep. Thats the gameplan each week, but when a more athletic defense comes on that can make open field tackles, west virginia has problems.

What if Geno was in the SEC? you could absolutely forget about him. The speed would be way to much for the guy. In the WV offensive gameplan, there are an extremely vast amount of screen passes. These rely on each person to make the right block for it to be successful. If one player fails to make their individual block, the play is most of the time unsuccessful. Geno has one main job when stepping to the line. It is to read the defense and make sure the blitz will not affect the play. If you can read the blitz, that most likely means you have tight man coverage on the side. An nfl quarterback will either slide protection to that side and have two recievers running 9 routes and one reciever running inside to draw the safety. Problem is, is that Geno does not slide protection, does not change the play. Instead he will try to get the play off, and the ball is either batted down by the blitz or its a 1 yard gain or loss.

I just utterly cant take hearing how much people like this guy anymore. I just dont see what everyone sees in him. I hope we never draft the guy.

Hes not going to be elite or good. average at best. I will book my name on that statement every day of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-oCe2E9Nuw
Kansas State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aF3SJZyT_c
Syracuse

did you really just post 2 games to not take from

I can bet every prospect ever has had 2 bad games

Geno Smith's skill set fits perfectly into what Mornhinweg wants to do and I could see him being very very very successful in our system

Hes posting those games because they raise some red flags. I for one agree with him on a lot of his points. Yeah Geno fits a west coast offense especially like the one Marty wants to run here. My issue is that hes not worth a 1st round pick. With the talent in this draft and our holes, drafting a quarterback at 9 would kill me. In my eyes Mark Sanchez may turn out to be very successful in a west coast scheme any way. Mark Sanchez killed us all last year and at times i wanted never watch football again. But with this scheme Sanchez may be successful. The best way to help Sanchez is to surround him by weapons. Give him a tight end, a wide reciever, or a strong guard. Why not trade down and draft Warmack. Ferguson, Colon, Mangold, Warmack, and Howard would make me very happy. Sanchez got abused last year in the pocket and that lead to his downfall. The talent at QB in next years draft is where its at. But if you wanna draft a quarterback this year, it has and has to be Tyler Wilson. I just love everything about the guy like i said in my mock draft. I know Wilson can lead an nfl team and hold people accountable. Wilson I think has a better arm and plays better under pressure. Last year Wilson was like I said surrounded by lack luster talent and played in the SEC. He was never the problem for Arkansas it was the rest of the team.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geno's pro day with Jets brass right behind him watching

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3csS2AjZK4

also Sanchez is done, he lost it mentally, dude just made terrible decisions and Geno unlike Mark has a very very high football IQ. I'd stick with Sanchez another year if we have no choice but kid is damaged goods

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@Steiny31: #Jets love someone from North Carolina State. Scouts attended a bunch of their games & three #Jets coaches were at their Pro Day last week.
Probably Glennon.

[]_[] Family
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
Quote:
@Steiny31: #Jets love someone from North Carolina State. Scouts attended a bunch of their games & three #Jets coaches were at their Pro Day last week.
Probably Glennon.

Most likely. I think he'd be a great fit for Morny.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
JMG wrote:
Quote:
Probably Glennon.

Glennon in 1st and Nassib in 2nd are best options for Mornhinweg.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
JMG wrote:
Quote:
Probably Glennon.

We better not take Glennon in the 1st. And I will throw something at my TV if we take Nassib before the 4th or 5th.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
JMG wrote:
Quote:
Probably Glennon.

We better not take Glennon in the 1st. And I will throw something at my TV if we take Nassib before the 4th or 5th.

In that case, I hope you own 60 inch Samsung plasma TV.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
JMG wrote:
Quote:
Probably Glennon.

In that case, I hope you own 60 inch Samsung plasma TV.

55" LCD
JMG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
JMG wrote:
Quote:
Probably Glennon.

If Glennon is the pick at 9 I wouldn't be mad.

[]_[] Family
superbowlbound

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
JMG wrote:
Quote:
Probably Glennon.

i.d hope its to see amerson... hed be a good fit for us and we desperately need a safety

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 42 of 71

Jump to: