Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013-14 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
Caught a couple glimpses of Rex from that Georgia pro day and he looked very unimpressed when Jones was working out.

He's going to fall in love with someone and after Coples and Wilkerson I trust him. Plus passing on Ingram who didn't do much and wanting Irvin who looked good as a pass rusher.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:
Caught a couple glimpses of Rex from that Georgia pro day and he looked very unimpressed when Jones was working out.

Good. He stands with the rest of us, then.
green24

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perikirest wrote:

Was this what you saw? Laughing
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went through so much Anthony Barr footage for a highlight tape I made. Easily a top 10 pick in next year's draft.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
green24

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Went through so much Anthony Barr footage for a highlight tape I made. Easily a top 10 pick in next year's draft.

I think he'll be the first non-QB off the board after Clowney. I wanted the Jets to draft him this year.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

I think he'll be the first non-QB off the board after Clowney. I wanted the Jets to draft him this year.

Me too. If we can pull 2 1st round picks in 2014, a QB & Barr is who I would want.

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqUx9JJ8Jw

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
perikirest

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone know any good android apps for the draft?

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
JIMiney_GREEKet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know about the update on Jones' neck. last I heard is that he never had spinal stenosis yet I never heard of those news since then. Is it official that he doesn't have spinal stenosis. I always wanted Jarvis jones but the neck issue was keeping me away. I don't want someone who will only be in the league for 5 years
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN is reporting taht the Jets like Geno
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:

I'm happy to hear that

He's going to be a top 15 QB within 2 years

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

I'm happy to hear that

If he was there at 9 (don't think he will be), they would have to decide if it was worth taking him or waiting until next year to grab a qb
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Geno will become Elite, but I think he will atleast become a good game manager in the right system. If Marty likes him, I'll trust his judgement.

Quote:
KBS756

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

I'm happy to hear that

If he was there at 9 (don't think he will be), they would have to decide if it was worth taking him or waiting until next year to grab a qb

If you do not have a franchise QB and a guy you believe could likely be a franchise QB in your system comes along at your pick, you take him you do not wait a year thinking if we suck again we can grab the next Peyton Manning, RG3, Luck there, because for every big time success in the first round at QB there are plenty of duds as well no one is a sure thing and at a position as important as QB it's best to address it as soon as reasonably possible.

If though we think Geno is gonna suck and doesnt fit into our system I have no qualms with passing on him or any QB for that matter, but if we are confident we have a franchise QB available at our pick we have to take him.
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
barnaby8787 wrote:

I'm happy to hear that

If you do not have a franchise QB and a guy you believe could likely be a franchise QB in your system comes along at your pick, you take him you do not wait a year thinking if we suck again we can grab the next Peyton Manning, RG3, Luck there, because for every big time success in the first round at QB there are plenty of duds as well no one is a sure thing and at a position as important as QB it's best to address it as soon as reasonably possible.

If though we think Geno is gonna suck and doesnt fit into our system I have no qualms with passing on him or any QB for that matter, but if we are confident we have a franchise QB available at our pick we have to take him.
It's more the argument that next year will more than likely have at least 3-5 QB's who are more talented that Geno is. I agree with you, if you think he will be THAT good and he's there, then yeah, you take him. Granted, not sure if they value him that highly. Either way, my favorite QB in the draft is still Tyler Wilson
RDawg10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly am the one person i know of that hates Geno Smith as a prospect. I hope to god we dont take the guy. I watched footage after footage and i just dont see how his game is going to translate to the game speed at the next level. Yeah hes got a big arm and can make some pretty nice throws. But in all honesty if you watch the Syracuse and Kansas State game, you will honestly say to yourself wait what?

My negatives for the guy is that he cannot read defenses. After his first read, hes extremely in accurate. At the next level hes not going to have 5 seconds to get rid of the ball like he does in most games in college. If his first read is gone, the only way he makes a good throw is if he has forever to throw the ball. Most of the time he takes chances on his athletic recievers making plays as well.

Geno also is extremely skiddish when blitzed. Because of that you can see him identify a blitz and change the play every time. Its either a play action screen to the half back or screen pass outside. Lets not forget Geno struggles in weather. That Syracuse game, he couldnt do anything. He tried to stretch the field but in the cold it didnt work. For Geno its either short 4 yard passes or 40 yard deep throws. Where is the intermediate accuracy? Its not there.

I for one become very skeptical when a strong defense like Kansas state plays zone coverage off the line to about 10-15 yards out and only sending 4 guys throughout the whole first half. then in the second half zero adjustments are made for the WV offense. Maybe you can blame the coach but when Geno began making those intermediate/spot throws, he struggled drastically. Hes use to the same gameplan and play flow each week and with the athletic wide recievers, the gameplan works. Short 5 yard throws or screens and then hopefully draw the coverage to the line and throw the ball deep. Thats the gameplan each week, but when a more athletic defense comes on that can make open field tackles, west virginia has problems.

What if Geno was in the SEC? you could absolutely forget about him. The speed would be way to much for the guy. In the WV offensive gameplan, there are an extremely vast amount of screen passes. These rely on each person to make the right block for it to be successful. If one player fails to make their individual block, the play is most of the time unsuccessful. Geno has one main job when stepping to the line. It is to read the defense and make sure the blitz will not affect the play. If you can read the blitz, that most likely means you have tight man coverage on the side. An nfl quarterback will either slide protection to that side and have two recievers running 9 routes and one reciever running inside to draw the safety. Problem is, is that Geno does not slide protection, does not change the play. Instead he will try to get the play off, and the ball is either batted down by the blitz or its a 1 yard gain or loss.

I just utterly cant take hearing how much people like this guy anymore. I just dont see what everyone sees in him. I hope we never draft the guy.

Hes not going to be elite or good. average at best. I will book my name on that statement every day of the week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-oCe2E9Nuw
Kansas State

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aF3SJZyT_c
Syracuse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 41 of 71

Jump to: