Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013-14 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
I don't have the total games, but Jarvis had 28 sacks, 45.5 tackles for a loss, and 168 total tackles in three years.

I wouldnt mind taking him at 9 but his injury seriously does scare me
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He got a thumbs up from NFL doctors apparently. Thats good enough for me to take a shot on someone that dominant at the #9 spot. If he didn't have that concern at all he would easily be off top 3 if not #1.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@MoveTheSticks: Chance Warmack checked in at 6'2 317 lbs. Smaller than expected but he did have 34 6/8 inch arms”

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
jetskid007

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@MoveTheSticks: Chance Warmack checked in at 6'2 317 lbs. Smaller than expected but he did have 34 6/8 inch arms”

With Warmack it's not about his size; it's the way this guy plays. He's going to be a top-notch player in this league, it's whether or not the Jets can afford to take a lineman in the first round. We have two blue-chip guys (Mangold and Ferguson) which is usually enough to build around, and the Jets have plenty more holes outside of G.

What continuously keeps me interested in Warmack is the prospect of this potential line...

Ferguson*, Warmack, Mangold*, ______, Howard.

Regardless who you slide in on the right side (rumors suggest Geoff Schwartz), your talking about one of the best lines in football.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

Finishing up Oregon defense…Big fan of Jordan. He's a freaky athlete with length, burst and pass rush tools. Ideal 3-4 OLB

Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

Oregon LB Kiko Alonso made 3-4 impact plays in every game I studied. He's had some off field stuff but he's a rock solid 2nd rd pick on tape

Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

I kept saying this in my head while watching Dion Jordan…LET HIM RUSH! LET HIM RUSH! Oregon dropped him in coverage WAY TOO MUCH!!
Quote:
@DuckFootball

@MoveTheSticks In fairness: Unless you think it cost them the Stanford game, when he was hurt, hard to say they used anybody "wrong" yes?
Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

@DuckFootball From pop warner to the NFL, it doesn't make sense to drop your best pass rusher that many times. Sprinkle it in...
Quote:
@DuckFootball

@MoveTheSticks Totally get that. But when they went 12-1, and gave up 17 points in their one loss, in overtime ... Just sayin' Smile
Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

@DuckFootball I get your point but their defense is better with him rushing the passer. You can win games despite mishandling a player.

Don't let Dion's stats skew your perception.

Sig bet
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I'm still high on Dion Jordan. I seen what I needed to see from him. I just hope he adds on weight the right way and not allow it to slow him down.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

Finishing up Oregon defense…Big fan of Jordan. He's a freaky athlete with length, burst and pass rush tools. Ideal 3-4 OLB

Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

Oregon LB Kiko Alonso made 3-4 impact plays in every game I studied. He's had some off field stuff but he's a rock solid 2nd rd pick on tape

Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

I kept saying this in my head while watching Dion Jordan…LET HIM RUSH! LET HIM RUSH! Oregon dropped him in coverage WAY TOO MUCH!!
Quote:
@DuckFootball

@MoveTheSticks In fairness: Unless you think it cost them the Stanford game, when he was hurt, hard to say they used anybody "wrong" yes?
Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

@DuckFootball From pop warner to the NFL, it doesn't make sense to drop your best pass rusher that many times. Sprinkle it in...
Quote:
@DuckFootball

@MoveTheSticks Totally get that. But when they went 12-1, and gave up 17 points in their one loss, in overtime ... Just sayin' Smile
Quote:
@MoveTheSticks

@DuckFootball I get your point but their defense is better with him rushing the passer. You can win games despite mishandling a player.

Don't let Dion's stats skew your perception.

It wont. I want him. Woukd also like Patterson tho id trade up for him (from our second)
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am normally against any trade ups as we have so many holes to fill, but Patterson might just be worth it, kid is electric
KBS756

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskid007 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:

With Warmack it's not about his size; it's the way this guy plays. He's going to be a top-notch player in this league, it's whether or not the Jets can afford to take a lineman in the first round. We have two blue-chip guys (Mangold and Ferguson) which is usually enough to build around, and the Jets have plenty more holes outside of G.

What continuously keeps me interested in Warmack is the prospect of this potential line...

Regardless who you slide in on the right side (rumors suggest Geoff Schwartz), your talking about one of the best lines in football.

So we'd have the best left side in football but a scary bad right side? Didnt Howard allow more sacks then Hunter last season? Even though McElroy taking tons of sacks in one game was part of the reason.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KBS756 wrote:
jetskid007 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:

So we'd have the best left side in football but a scary bad right side? Didnt Howard allow more sacks then Hunter last season? Even though McElroy taking tons of sacks in one game was part of the reason.

Howard just completed the season as a full time starter. Give him a break. If he continues struggling to improve the pass blocking then moving him inside and Schwartz or rookie would step in RT.

Mangold is a big concern right now. He has slipped from above average to average now. Could not take MBS task? Injury offers the world's fastest half-life break? Limit to ZBS?

ZBS= Warmack out. Howard stays RT.

MBS= Find stronger C to move Mangold to RG or LG.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warmack's height does not affect his draft stock because he has ridiculous long arms and powerful legs. However, he is not top 10 prospect.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man. Robert Alford is 25 years old already.

Is Johnny Manziel a moron?
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking into the RB's mroe and more lately, and Jonathon Franklin has really been the guy that has stood out the most to me. Why isn't he getting more attention, especially from Jet fans? He seems to fit our new system really well. Can run inside and outside, is explosive but also deals with first contact very well. Great reciever who can take a short pass to the house. He is similar in my opinion to Andre Ellington who i also like he just seems slightly better at every thing they they are both good at.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
I have been looking into the RB's mroe and more lately, and Jonathon Franklin has really been the guy that has stood out the most to me. Why isn't he getting more attention, especially from Jet fans? He seems to fit our new system really well. Can run inside and outside, is explosive but also deals with first contact very well. Great reciever who can take a short pass to the house. He is similar in my opinion to Andre Ellington who i also like he just seems slightly better at every thing they they are both good at.

Actually, there are few of us. Right now, 2 knocks on him are size and wear&tear. I hope he can catch and run well.

There are several RBs I like but George Winn is mine.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not against Winn, seems like he has more blocking experience, runs tough, good reciever, good vision, but he doesn't seem to have that second gear. I guess years with guys like Greene and Jones in the backfield i want a guy that can just take it to the house on any given run.

I also feel like Franklin helps make his own holes a bit more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 23 of 71

Jump to: