Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013-14 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
Quote:
@ConorTOrr 1h
Spoke with Georgia OLB Jarvis Jones today, who said the #Jets are high on him heading into Thursday | http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/04/nfl_draft_2013_jarvis_jones_sa.html

Now can I say that Idzik sucks?

if he picks him in the 1st, you can.

Correction, if he doesn't pan out you can.

No, I said it right. I only said it because I don't think he is going to pick him.

So if we take him and he turns into the next CMIII (which I doubt), and he becomes the clear-cut best pass rusher from this class, then can you still say Idzik sucks?

I think this is a smoke screen. It's not because I'm not a fan of him, it's because I think Idzik & Rex want speed. I've said many times on here how I like & trust Idzik. So I wouldn't really say he sucks after one pick. I said " IF he picks him in the 1st, you can." Because I don't think he will.

Just to make sure everyone understands, I'm going to root for who ever we pick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Nassib to 9th... your reaction is ________, Rickyt31.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Jetsfandan423 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
Look at Maybin and Mingo's three-cone drill (HUGE indicator of success for pass rushers). Mingo's got him beat by .7 seconds. Maybin was stiff, Mingo is not.

I'll be honest, I'm not a huge metrics guy so I just don't really know... but is that small of a difference really that huge on the field? I mean we aren't even talking about a full second. You said he beat him by .7 of a second right?

I don't live and die by metrics either but that's a significant gap.

Yeah, metrics are definitely important don't get me wrong. But they only enhance the player. You still have to look at the game tape to see if he is draft worthy.

I didn't know too much about the three cone drill, so thanks for the response. It's crazy to think as fast as Maybin looked, he was that stiff when tested. That makes me feel a bit better about Mingo.

As far as the Jarvis Jones talk, remember there are a lot of smokescreens out there right now. Don't believe most of what you hear. I have a feeling our FO will be even more secretive now than before due to the changing of our GM. I honestly don't know which direction we will go.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
As far as Mingo goes. I can see the potential, but that block shedding thing is a real concern for me. Fast & has the frame to bulk up. Idzik likes speed & Rex need a pass rusher, so I can understand the pick. I wouldn't hate the pick, but I wouldn't be 100% or to confident in the pick. We were almost 30th against the run last season, I want to improve that.

Moore in 2nd could be better idea. He can be a well around OLB for Ryan.

I wasn't bothered by Moore's 40 time. It was his bench press that got me. If he bulks up, I can see him becoming a rex type of player.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
As far as Mingo goes. I can see the potential, but that block shedding thing is a real concern for me. Fast & has the frame to bulk up. Idzik likes speed & Rex need a pass rusher, so I can understand the pick. I wouldn't hate the pick, but I wouldn't be 100% or to confident in the pick. We were almost 30th against the run last season, I want to improve that.

Moore in 2nd could be better idea. He can be a well around OLB for Ryan.

I wasn't bothered by Moore's 40 time. It was his bench press that got me. If he bulks up, I can see him becoming a rex type of player.

19 on Pro Day. uppered from the combine by 7. He runs fast but not that explosiveness.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:

Mine personally, I'd be looking for a new TV, because I would destroy the one I have out of anger.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

LOL.. I have been practicing for awhile.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

lol I wouldn't know what I would actually say if we were to do something like that at #9. He is someone I have a hard time seeing Marty really liking for his system. Marty likes deep plays and has already said that what he plans to do. He's not a bad QB, but does he have the arm for deep plays?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would kick a baby if we took Nassib at 9.

For the record I think the Jarvis Jones talk is a smokescreen too. Only way I could see us taking him is if Mingo is off the board and we move back a few slots.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

lol I wouldn't know what I would actually say if we were to do something like that at #9. He is someone I have a hard time seeing Marty really liking for his system. Marty likes deep plays and has already said that what he plans to do. He's not a bad QB, but does he have the arm for deep plays?

Marty is a WCO guy. It is all on WR for deep plays. Nassib is fast and quick hit on WR to produce a plenty of YAC.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
I would kick a baby if we took Nassib at 9.

For the record I think the Jarvis Jones talk is a smokescreen too. Only way I could see us taking him is if Mingo is off the board and we move back a few slots.

lol I really did just laugh out loud after reading that one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/04/nfl-network-analyst-says-questions-of-work-ethic-surround-texas-ams-damontre-moore-before-nfl-draft.html/

Interesting.
skrILL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2013/04/nfl-network-analyst-says-questions-of-work-ethic-surround-texas-ams-damontre-moore-before-nfl-draft.html/

Interesting.

I said early on that I wasn't a fan of Moore and that he didn't stand out to me on film like many others thought. People thought I was crazy for having him 5th on my list of pass rushers.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:

Interesting.

I said early on that I wasn't a fan of Moore and that he didn't stand out to me on film like many others thought. People thought I was crazy for having him 5th on my list of pass rushers.

I put a lot more value in on field performance then performance in gym shorts. He was second on the team in tackles I believe.

The big issue with him is his off the filed issues. What they don't mention is that Mayock believes that the NFL life style, women, partying and money is wha tis drawing the red flag.

He is 20 and immature. but in the right system he can be a force especially if his only duty is to just rush the passer.

Plus he did very well in the SEC. I read today that it is all smoke and mirrors, they are not drafting Mingo. They love Jarvis Jones.

40 times are sexy but I would take a baller before I take an athletic superstar. I want football players.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 69 of 71

Jump to: