Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013-14 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD #2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: 2013-14 NFL DRAFT PROSPECTS THREAD #2 Reply with quote

The old thread is full so heres a new thread to talk about prospects.

Last edited by ganggreen1102 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
I really hope we don't go QB this year.

Next year's class is stacked, even without Bridgewater.

Terry Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles, Aaron Murray, Stephen Morris, Tajh Boyd, and Derek Carr are all guys I would consider the #1 QB if they were in this class. I'm particularly high on Bridgewater and Bortles, I think they will end up being the top 2 QB's off the board in '14. Then you have guys like David Fales, Brett Smith, Bryn Renner, Marcus Mariota, Devin Gardner, Brett Hundley, A.J. McCarron, hell even Braxton Miller who would give Wilson, Glennon, etc. a run for their money.

That's 15 QB's. 15. We'd be dumb to go QB this year.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Official Jets Prospect Interest List

WR Quinton Patton

Last edited by green24 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Terry Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Blake Bortles, Aaron Murray, Stephen Morris, Tajh Boyd, and Derek Carr are all guys I would consider the #1 QB if they were in this class. I'm particularly high on Bridgewater and Bortles, I think they will end up being the top 2 QB's off the board in '14. Then you have guys like David Fales, Brett Smith, Bryn Renner, Marcus Mariota, Devin Gardner, Brett Hundley, A.J. McCarron, hell even Braxton Miller who would give Wilson, Glennon, etc. a run for their money.

Haven't really looked into the class that much but just Bridgewater, Manziel, and Murray alone make that a great class.

I could actually see us not draft a QB this year cause of all the other holes and having Sanchez and his massive contract. I'm all for the Moore/Sanchez camp battle cause we're gonna suck anyway.

If we have to wait for a guy like Manziel or Bridgewater it'll be worth it. We will probably have a top 10 pick next year so we'll be in the running for a good one.

Props to Mack on the sig
RollTide99

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Haven't really looked into the class that much but just Bridgewater, Manziel, and Murray alone make that a great class.

I could actually see us not draft a QB this year cause of all the other holes and having Sanchez and his massive contract. I'm all for the Moore/Sanchez camp battle cause we're gonna suck anyway.

If we have to wait for a guy like Manziel or Bridgewater it'll be worth it. We will probably have a top 10 pick next year so we'll be in the running for a good one.

I agree with this we have so many other holes and the QB Class this year is weak....that Being said next year if were in the position to draft Jadeveon Clowney..we take him no matter who else is on the board next year could be a really deep qb class and Clowney looks like once in a generation player

JMG on the sig
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blake Bortles from UCF is gonna be a stud too. He's my #2 QB behind Bridgewater.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
green24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
Blake Bortles from UCF is gonna be a stud too. He's my #2 QB behind Bridgewater.

I like him. I think Carr, Fales, and Hundley are also good.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
skrILL wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Just saw a highlight tape of Bortles, he looks like a good prospect.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:

Not huge on Fales. His popgun arm won't cut it in the NFL.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:

His arm strength is fine.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
skrILL wrote:
green24 wrote:
skrILL wrote:

His arm strength is fine.

Not quite.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget Bridgewater, Bortles, Driskell, and all underclassmen quarterbacks for 2014. There are very good chance that they will stay for senior campaign.

Louisville and Charlie Strong are in for one plan. I don't see Bridgewater will go to nfl next year.

Bortles and Driskell are far from NFL ready so they should stay in school until their eligibility runs out.

Boyd, Carr, McCarron, Thomas, Matthews and Fales are logical for 2014. Kay, Renner, Hess and Rettig may be for 3rd day or later.

McCarron is easily top QB for 2014 as of right now.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Forget Bridgewater, Bortles, Driskell, and all underclassmen quarterbacks for 2014. There are very good chance that they will stay for senior campaign.

Louisville and Charlie Strong are in for one plan. I don't see Bridgewater will go to nfl next year.

Bortles and Driskell are far from NFL ready so they should stay in school until their eligibility runs out.

Boyd, Carr, McCarron, Thomas, Matthews and Fales are logical for 2014. Kay, Renner, Hess and Rettig may be for 3rd day or later.

McCarron is easily top QB for 2014 as of right now.

Driskell? Seriously? That's insulting to Bridgewater & Bortles to even put them in the same conversation.

Bridgewater & Bortles will both have a very strong chance at top 5, hell maybe even #1. It's common knowledge that you declare when your stock is highest.

N E W Y O R K J E T S
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares. Bortles has ONE good season playing against lesser competition. Second season won't help him become top 5.

Luck passed on NFL when he was considered as number one prospect. Bridgewater could do the same thing.
skrILL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
Who cares. Bortles has ONE good season playing against lesser competition. Second season won't help him become top 5.

Luck passed on NFL when he was considered as number one prospect. Bridgewater could do the same thing.

I don't agree with Luck's decision though. And how can you say second season won't help him go top 5? That makes no sense.

N E W Y O R K J E T S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 1 of 71

Jump to: