Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are Barkevious Mingo and Aldon Smith Simular? Option @6?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
Just because Moore would be gone (not including Werner because he's not a viable option at 6 right now) doesn't mean we would have to take the next best OLB. Take a corner. Take the BPA. I don't care who it is... Besides a left tackle I guess lol.

I def could see someone falling to the browns at 6 that would make a great BPA for us

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
pnies20 wrote:
Just because Moore would be gone (not including Werner because he's not a viable option at 6 right now) doesn't mean we would have to take the next best OLB. Take a corner. Take the BPA. I don't care who it is... Besides a left tackle I guess lol.

I def could see someone falling to the browns at 6 that would make a great BPA for us

If Geno goes in the top 5 we will get one of Jones, Star, Milliner, or Moore IMO
buckeye00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scheme at LSU this year also required him to play contain a lot of the time instead of straight out rushing the passer, which was quite possibly a large reason for his lack of sacks. If you go back and watch some 2011 tape he shows great bend, surprising power for his frame and quick strong hands but bad technique.

The problem with the Browns picking him is that he would not be able to contribute as much in the 4-3 part of the hybrid like Moore would be able to.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckeye00 wrote:
The scheme at LSU this year also required him to play contain a lot of the time instead of straight out rushing the passer, which was quite possibly a large reason for his lack of sacks. If you go back and watch some 2011 tape he shows great bend, surprising power for his frame and quick strong hands but bad technique.

The problem with the Browns picking him is that he would not be able to contribute as much in the 4-3 part of the hybrid like Moore would be able to.

Never mind the last part just saw the defense is going to be strictly a 34. I think that pushes Moore's value down a little, because there are a lot of good 34 rush linebackers, but not many could also put there hand on the ground for a 43.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckeye00 wrote:
buckeye00 wrote:

Never mind the last part just saw the defense is going to be strictly a 34. I think that pushes Moore's value down a little, because there are a lot of good 34 rush linebackers, but not many could also put there hand on the ground for a 43.

Mingo could very well be the best OLB prospect this year athletically...

I feel he is also a better fit for a rush 34 olb than the 43 de he played at LSU...

He is on my big board.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be very against Mingo.

Then i went and watched all his youtube stuff.

Now I might make him #2 behind Moore (who I'm still not sold on)
buckeye00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
buckeye00 wrote:
buckeye00 wrote:

Mingo could very well be the best OLB prospect this year athletically...

I feel he is also a better fit for a rush 34 olb than the 43 de he played at LSU...

He is on my big board.

Agree with everything you said. Athletically the only guy who rivals him in my mind is Ansah and I'm not sure if he could play OLB since he has very tight hips and no bend. Mingo and Ansah should have the 2 highest explosive power numbers and then I would think Mingo would have 1 of the best twitch numbers.

In strictly a 34 rush linebacker position I like Mingo better than Moore.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mingo is my #2 OLB but there is a big gap and only in a trade down.

MINGO ATE YO BABY!
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pnies20 wrote:
Mingo is my #2 OLB but there is a big gap and only in a trade down.
wonder what the combine will do to that stock?

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: