Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bjoern Werner (think out of the box)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

who would you take
Werner
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Geno Smith
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
someone else
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henry wrote:
colleges are now producing high calibre qbs at never before levels

fair, certainly if we take the Ponder and Weeden trends (4th QB in first round last 2 years) your statement holds water.

However as teams get better and better at projecting these QB's transition into the NFL.. these QB's are being taken higher and higher as well right? (like Ponder.. Weeden)

Add to that, you state colleges ARE producing high caliber QB's and you seem to feel one of the later ones is good enough to win with, why not take the first one then? Why so fearful of him busting?

Here.. even more to my point. You tell me the high caliber QB you want in the draft.. the QB you've identified as being able to lead this team for the foreseeable future. I'll tell you where to draft him.

Ya know what.. lets save each other the wait.. whoever that guy is that you really like and think we can get later.. I'm gonna tell you to take him with the 1st overall pick. IF he is good enough to lead this team - getting him for the #1 overall is worth it. It's really absolutely that simple.

Stop messing around. Stop gambling on other teams making mistakes so we can get a guy they missed on. Get your QB and get him as soon as you possibly can and don't let anyone else take him (and thus capitalize on OUR mistake!)!!

This year.. that means at #1 overall for the Kansas City Chiefs!!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!

Last edited by Arrowhead86 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
henry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In Andy we trust" please...
which rd did he take foles?
the top 2 things teams need are qbs and qb killers

no franchise qbs so take top qb killer
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henry wrote:

Geno > Foles

And yes in Andy I trust. Ultimately I'm going to buy in whatever choice he makes. I'd just prefer to see him get the best possible tools to work with.

I agree with your top two needs for all teams. We have QB killers! They both made the Pro Bowl even.

Wanna see their sacks numbers jump up? Play with leads so they can pin their ears back!

Not gonna get more leads simply drafting Werner! Get the best QB! Make sure you get him! You don't like Geno, fine. Whoever you do like, get him! Immediately!

Dorsey and the Packers had great success taking BPA in GB all those years because they ALWAYS had the most important question already answered!

"Do we have a QB?!"

When that answer is yes I'm ALL FOR BPA! When that answer is no, it get's addressed before anything else!
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Russell Smith
Who?

I think you are highly underestimating teams that could take a QB especially late in the first. There are a number of teams with minimal holes that could slide into the QB derby. And as far as Vick and Smith goes, you're assuming two things. 1. Niners trade/cut Smith...I'm with you on this one. But 2. Vick is a quality starter, I think any team that would pick up Vick could easily be thinking about still drafting one of these QBs. You want to base your long term future on the only guy with more turn-overs than Cassel?

Quote:
Buffalo,Oakland & Arizona
and you add Jets and Eagles.

How about Jacksonville? Remember they also have pick 33, which could easily knock another QB off IF they don't take one in round 1.

How about the Packers, very few holes, and their top back-up is Graham Harrell. This is a good draft to take a flier on a QB that could turn out to be very good and groom behind Rodgers, Thompson is no dumby, QBs don't play forever, and he could turn around in two seasons and trade the guy for more picks.

Tampa Bay, they aren't thrilled with Freeman, aren't going to attempt to re-sign him long term until after this upcoming season. Could be a year they take one, though they have many holes.

Cowboys, how sold are they on Romo going forward? And remember QBs don't last forever.

You want to say WORST case scenario we wind up with the 4th best...could easily be the best case scenario. Worst would indicate nothing could be worse...which isn't the case. I could realistically see 5-7 QBs going between our first and second pick...and remember even if Jax takes a QB with the second overall pick...they have a whole day to work out trades for pick 33.

This is the biggest issue I have with the wait and see approach to our second round pick. There is GREAT risk potential. I'm ok with the idea if we say snag Alex Smith or Matt Flynn...but we could need 3 QBs...waiting makes me more nervous. My opinion is if we would take a guy at 10...then we take him at 1. Gone are the days of 50 million guaranteed and 70 million dollar contracts for the first overall pick. We need a clear change, and taking a QB of our choosing does that for us. Not to mention whomever we get in the second knows we passed on him once already so he wasn't our first choice. Maybe he then plays with a chip...maybe he's a malcontent.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hAD A LITTLE DISCUSSION ON THAT APPROACH BEFORE.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=510081
henry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am overwhelmed with your undeniable collective support for a qb.
i surrender, may i at least state for the record that Tyler Wilson better be that guy - not Smith. I do like Wilson, maybe he becomes what they thought he would prior to this season. If that happens all of you supporting Tyler, I tip my hat to you. I am convinced
Chief fans are a special breed for sure. I did like Aaron Murray even better (not because of Dungy) but I'll take Wilson - you have convinced me the time is now!
JHawk24

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did nobody watch the Senior Bowl...? Wilson does not have a top 10 arm, at all.

Props to LOTO.Tailback for the best ever; Vincent Edward Jackson
henry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i give up. I finally concede and now the Wilson hate starts.
According to MIKE MAYOCK Wilson was easily the best qb in
Senior Bowl week by far. You are judging his arm based on one
silly allstar game. C'mon Man
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henry wrote:
i give up. I finally concede and now the Wilson hate starts.
According to MIKE MAYOCK Wilson was easily the best qb in
Senior Bowl week by far. You are judging his arm based on one
silly allstar game. C'mon Man

rarely is there a universal opinion. That's what is beautiful about this forum. disagreement leads to discussion.

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
Bobikus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

henry wrote:

The only QB Andy has ever had success with was drafted #2 overall.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

henry wrote:
colleges are now producing high calibre qbs at never before levels

There's more attention focused on scouting and developing QBs than ever before. Not necessarily high-quality quarterbacks being pumped out every single year.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

henry wrote:

Since when are there no franchise QB's? just becase there are no potential all time greats doesn't mean there isn't a darn good franchise QB.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JHawk24 wrote:
Did nobody watch the Senior Bowl...? Wilson does not have a top 10 arm, at all.

That's ok...top 11 will suffice. Did Montana, Brady, or Rivers have a top 10 arm? I don't know what you saw, but it's been proven plenty of times over that Wilson's arm is plenty good to make all the NFL throws...he's even been a guy who will rely on his arm at times because it is plenty good.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you run a quarterback prospect through the ringer (film review, offseason workouts, interviews, etc.) and come out the other side believing he is a franchise quarterback AND you need a quarterback, you take him.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic, yep, but one thing I saw (correct me if I'm wrong) ....Manuel had the quickest release and was't too shabby. Your thoughts on him?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: