Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Randy Moss to return to 49ers in 2013?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Randy Moss to return to 49ers in 2013? Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/90325/mosswatch-not-finished-with-49ers-yet

Video of Adam Schefter predicting Moss will be back with the 49ers in 2013. There definitely seems to be a mutual want on both sides for this to happen, so seems likely.

Which is good - keeps 2 of our fans around here an extra season Wink

Frank Gore 10,000 yard tracker:

Currently - 9,967
Ranked 29th all-time
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you did there. Speaking of being back in 2013 I have internet at home again so you guys will be seeing a lot more of me again.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
oldman9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he stays in great shape, stays hungry, and takes a moderate 1 year deal? Sounds good to me.

___
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:
If he stays in great shape, stays hungry, and takes a moderate 1 year deal? Sounds good to me.

I could agree, not like he played so well he would want to break the bank.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldman9er wrote:

Exactly

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
I hear within 5 years the fans at Jags games will be able to vote via Twitter on the in-game playcalls.
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh... Randy is sooo greedy. One ring is not enough?! Okaaaay! We'll give you another one, Randy. Because we're nice.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
wrbk319

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Randy has been a great mentor and a good figure for our team. I don't mind having him back next season as long as the price is right.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubt he comes back. When asked that very question during media day, Moss responded with "next question". Moss isn't happy with his role. Actually its more on how we use our WRs. He hasn't bitched or complained until he was continually asked during media day about his role and finally came out and said it. He said he understood his role, and was happy playing a role and helping the team this year. But I'm sure he, like any playmaker wants a steady diet of targets and passes his way, each week. And the way our offense is set-up, the ball is spread around. So I really don't see him back with the Niners next season if he has a opportunity to play in a more traditional offense, with a decent QB.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love what Moss does for the team on the field. He still commands a lot of respect deep. If we lose him, I want another burner... Coradelle Patterson comes to mind.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
I love what Moss does for the team on the field. He still commands a lot of respect deep. If we lose him, I want another burner... Coradelle Patterson comes to mind.

I'd be shocked if Patterson makes it to our pick. Especially after he lights up the Combine. But this draft is soooo deep at WR, I wouldn't be too worried.
UofMfan909

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

757-NINER wrote:
UofMfan909 wrote:

I'd be shocked if Patterson makes it to our pick. Especially after he lights up the Combine. But this draft is soooo deep at WR, I wouldn't be too worried.

I'm completely fine with a trade up to the 20's for a prospect we love. For me, that's Patterson for now. An heir to Justin would be awesome, but I'm not sure there is one in the draft.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand Patterson has potential with a capital P, but I think we should easily be able to land him at 32. Just to be clear, I would love to have him on this team. You have to look at his production though, 1 year, 46 catches and 778 yards, and that he is pretty damn raw and you've got yourself a second rounder IMO. I'd be pretty happy if we drafted him at 32 but I don't think we will have to trade up for him.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Yfz01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Ugh... Randy is sooo greedy. One ring is not enough?! Okaaaay! We'll give you another one, Randy. Because we're nice.

That's so kind of you guys. I mean, if only to make the debate between Rice and Moss a little bit closer so us Randy fan boys!

y2lamanaki wrote:

Which is good - keeps 2 of our fans around here an extra season Wink

Cool I would enjoy that.

Lil Uno with the sig.
757-NINER

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:
I understand Patterson has potential with a capital P, but I think we should easily be able to land him at 32. Just to be clear, I would love to have him on this team. You have to look at his production though, 1 year, 46 catches and 778 yards, and that he is pretty damn raw and you've got yourself a second rounder IMO. I'd be pretty happy if we drafted him at 32 but I don't think we will have to trade up for him.

Every place I've seen has him as the 2nd best prospect after Allen from Cal. And most have Allen going middle of the first. Its not out of the question that if he blows up at the Combine and has better triangle numbers than Allen, that he could leap-frog him and be the guy to go in the middle picks. And if Allen is still the number one prospect, I don't see a bigger, faster, Dez Bryant clone making it into the 30's.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: