Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bleacher Report Mock Draft, FWIW
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Would this be a good draft?
Yes, this would take us to the next level.
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
No, we will need to do a lot in Free Agency with this draft.
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 10

DoLFaN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taking a DE in the first round would be a huge mistake, Olivier Vernon is our guy

we should definitely be taking a CB with our 1st pick
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Bleacher Report Mock Draft, FWIW Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:
Round 1: Ezekiel Ansah, Defensive End, BYU

Round 2: Zach Ertz, Tight End, Stanford

Round 2: Larry Warford, Guard, Kentucky

Round 3: Quinton Patton, Wide Receiver, Louisiana Tech

Round 3: Robert Alford, Cornerback, Southeastern Louisiana

Round 4: Jonathan Cyprien, Strong Safety, Florida International

Round 5: Conner Vernon, Wide Receiver, Duke

Round 7: Devin Taylor, Defensive End, South Carolina

Round 7: Caleb Sturgis, Kicker, Florida

I dig the draft Ensah, Patton, Ertz, Warford, and Cyprien should start or contribute day one, but like many of these Mocks it is hard to judge is without knowing what they picked up in Free Agency.

If this were to happen I would have to think that we either tag or resign Jake. Let Hartline and Smith go because of contract demands. Alford stood out in a great way at the Senior Bowl this week, so that would be a steal. I also really liked the CB out of UCONN. I can't remember his name right now. Conner Vernon would be a guy that I see replacing Hartline. Hopefully this means that we signed Mike Wallace in FA too. Wallace, Patton, Vernon, Matthews, Moore, and Bess is still a very good upgrade from the WR corps we had this year. Ertz would be a solid pick in the 2nd round to hopefully give us our RZ threat.

Wow... yoy would let Hartline walk to resign J. Long ...?
Ok ...???

sug
WaterBear56

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No draft alone is perfect when you have 22 FA's and 40M in cap space. If free agency worked itself out then I wouldn't mind the draft, aside from Warford. I'd prefer Bailey.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: Bleacher Report Mock Draft, FWIW Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:

I dig the draft Ensah, Patton, Ertz, Warford, and Cyprien should start or contribute day one, but like many of these Mocks it is hard to judge is without knowing what they picked up in Free Agency.

If this were to happen I would have to think that we either tag or resign Jake. Let Hartline and Smith go because of contract demands. Alford stood out in a great way at the Senior Bowl this week, so that would be a steal. I also really liked the CB out of UCONN. I can't remember his name right now. Conner Vernon would be a guy that I see replacing Hartline. Hopefully this means that we signed Mike Wallace in FA too. Wallace, Patton, Vernon, Matthews, Moore, and Bess is still a very good upgrade from the WR corps we had this year. Ertz would be a solid pick in the 2nd round to hopefully give us our RZ threat.

Ok ...???

sug

I would.
SUG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Re: Bleacher Report Mock Draft, FWIW Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
SUG wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:

If this were to happen I would have to think that we either tag or resign Jake. Let Hartline and Smith go because of contract demands. Alford stood out in a great way at the Senior Bowl this week, so that would be a steal. I also really liked the CB out of UCONN. I can't remember his name right now. Conner Vernon would be a guy that I see replacing Hartline. Hopefully this means that we signed Mike Wallace in FA too. Wallace, Patton, Vernon, Matthews, Moore, and Bess is still a very good upgrade from the WR corps we had this year. Ertz wouldbe a solid pick in the 2nd round to hopefully give us our RZ threat.

Ok ...???

sug

I would.

I firmly beleive Long is a much bigget hindrance to the development of Mia offense on several fronts than Hartline. Well see whos on the roster next yr contributing.

sug
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: Bleacher Report Mock Draft, FWIW Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
SUG wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:

If this were to happen I would have to think that we either tag or resign Jake. Let Hartline and Smith go because of contract demands. Alford stood out in a great way at the Senior Bowl this week, so that would be a steal. I also really liked the CB out of UCONN. I can't remember his name right now. Conner Vernon would be a guy that I see replacing Hartline. Hopefully this means that we signed Mike Wallace in FA too. Wallace, Patton, Vernon, Matthews, Moore, and Bess is still a very good upgrade from the WR corps we had this year. Ertz wouldbe a solid pick in the 2nd round to hopefully give us our RZ threat.

Ok ...???

sug

I would.

I firmly beleive Long is a much bigget hindrance to the development of Mia offense on several fronts than Hartline. Well see whos on the roster next yr contributing.

sug

SUG - I didn't say that I would. I was just saying based on this draft with taking Vernon it seems that we would. Conner Vernon is Brian Hartline 2.0 except he would be a lot cheaper. I'm still up in the air on Jake Long. He's far from his old self and he's always injured. I didn't think I'd be saying that when we first drafted him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Bleacher Report Mock Draft, FWIW Reply with quote

DOLFAN016 wrote:
SUG wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
SUG wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:

Ok ...???

sug

I would.

sug

SUG - I didn't say that I would. I was just saying based on this draft with taking Vernon it seems that we would. Conner Vernon is Brian Hartline 2.0 except he would be a lot cheaper. I'm still up in the air on Jake Long. He's far from his old self and he's always injured. I didn't think I'd be saying that when we first drafted him.

When I said on several fronts I simply meant to point out the obvious:
* cost vs productivity - advantage Hartline
* need basis-3 quality WRs to 1 quality LT - advantage Hartline (see J. Martin)
* cost against the overall cap - advantage Hartline
* better fit in the West Coast Off - advantage Hartline

I realize Hartline didn't put up whopping numbers of TDs but all the guys does is get open & catch the
ball in the intermediate to deep range.

Why would anyone want to cut the 1 proven commodity this Off has moving forward ...?
Jake Long hasn't proved he is even worthy of starting for us in the short or long term of this new Offense.

Again just pointing out the obvious

sug
DOLFAN016

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Bleacher Report Mock Draft, FWIW Reply with quote

[quote="SUG"][quote="DOLFAN016"]
SUG wrote:
Mercury22 wrote:
SUG wrote:
DOLFAN016 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Ok ...???

sug

I would.

sug

When I said on several fronts I simply meant to point out the obvious:
* cost vs productivity - advantage Hartline
* need basis-3 quality WRs to 1 quality LT - advantage Hartline (see J. Martin)
* cost against the overall cap - advantage Hartline
* better fit in the West Coast Off - advantage Hartline

I realize Hartline didn't put up whopping numbers of TDs but all the guys does is get open & catch the
ball in the intermediate to deep range.

Why would anyone want to cut the 1 proven commodity this Off has moving forward ...?
Jake Long hasn't proved he is even worthy of starting for us in the short or long term of this new Offense.

Again just pointing out the obvious

sug

No problem bud. To be honest, I think Hartline is still an above-average WR in this league and if we got him some help (Mike Wallace and Ertz), then we will be in very good shape moving forward. He's a hard worker and an asset to the WR corps. If we get rid of Reggie, then we better resign Brian.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: