Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Some matchups the 49ers should be worried about

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Some matchups the 49ers should be worried about Reply with quote

Looks like special teams and speed are the 49ers weakpoints? Did Harbaugh keep Akers because he could kick the ball out of bounds on kickoffs?

http://voices.yahoo.com/superbowl-matchups-advantage-ravens-11990438.html?cat=14
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our coverage on kicks improved dramatically in the second half of the year, back to top 10 status, in my opinion.

And we get burned for ONE 46 yards TD pass, and suddenly we're struggling with deep speed? I think we have more to worry about Boldin underneath than Smith and Jones over the top.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Vanilla_Ice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Our coverage on kicks improved dramatically in the second half of the year, back to top 10 status, in my opinion.

And we get burned for ONE 46 yards TD pass, and suddenly we're struggling with deep speed? I think we have more to worry about Boldin underneath than Smith and Jones over the top.

Yeah it says that was the first 40 yarder given up all year and I don't think Smith is as good as Jones.

I can imagine Harbaugh is going to be all over Akers about kicking the ball out of the endzone.
neezy007

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was the first 40 yard + touchdown. We have given up deep balls. But we also have gotten a decent amount of picks on deep balls.
DirtyJersey9er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just like when Brady almost came back against us in December. Never mind that it was Tom Brady who is hard to keep in check at home especially late in the season. Never Mind that Justin Smith didn't play the whole second half and we regularly dialed up soft coverage with a big lead.

In this case it was Julio Jones. And he had a good half of football but the D shut him down during the second half. Press is just grasping at straws.

I have a new Sports Blog check it at:
http://buttfumblesports.wordpress.com/
rudyZ

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neezy007 wrote:
It was the first 40 yard + touchdown. We have given up deep balls. But we also have gotten a decent amount of picks on deep balls.

Tarrell Brown is especially good at catching deep throws... we should try him on offense.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
This is just like when Brady almost came back against us in December. Never mind that it was Tom Brady who is hard to keep in check at home especially late in the season. Never Mind that Justin Smith didn't play the whole second half and we regularly dialed up soft coverage with a big lead.

In this case it was Julio Jones. And he had a good half of football but the D shut him down during the second half. Press is just grasping at straws.

And Julio got away with obvious push-offs at least 3 or 4 times in that game. He's beginning to play like Michael Irvin and getting away with it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: