Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My 1st ever mock draft! 1 round no trades. (edited 1-28)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that high on Montgomery for the Steelers. I rather have Okafor there if they go for a pass rushing OLB.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor for Big Ben's sig
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where as Eifert is a possiblity for the Falcons it is for sure a pick i want nothing to do with in the 1st round. TE to me just isn't worth a 1st round pick there as Eifert and Ertz aren't really that much better than guys like Kelce, Reed, Escobar, and Fauria. We can get those guys in the 2nd to 3rd round while still taking a top notch D-lineman in the 1st round or 2 where the position is at it's strongest compared to TE where it's much stronger and better value in the middle of the draft.

Plus i look at it like this Ryan is a creature of habit at QB it seems he will usually go with the guys he is more comfortable with to throw too. To me that means Harry Douglas will become the new #3 target replacing gonzo as that go to guy after roddy and julio. Where as a new rookie TE wouldn't get anywhere near the looks Gonzo did making the pick not worthy of a 1st rounder to me then.

I will take an Alex Okafer at DE there for the falcons with ease though as DE is easily our biggest need right now.

Our offense without a TE to replace gonzo will put up 21+ easily still.

Our defense without a good pass rush will not hold up for our offense just like it didn't this year and in the playoffs.
Flexx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First let me say, I like the Chiefs choice and your opinion they probably will not take a QB w/#1 pick. Second. Right now, Joeckel is best LT in draft. In 2 or 3 months time that could change. Eric Fisher and even Lane Johnson could challenge him. W/that in mind and if willing partner is found, maybe a trade down to take one of those 2(hopefully Fisher)or QB, would be in order.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
AlexM23 wrote:
I'm certainly okay with that Eagles pick however your reasoning makes me think you don't know much about the current state of the team.

Actually I FORGOT about graham. My bad. Still think they could use another one. Can never have enough pass rushers. Since you are a Eagles fan, who do you want at #4? I assume you want the tackle eh?

I think we are switching to a 3-4. I don't see how Bjorn makes sense.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
diamondcutter27

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Albert is not going anywhere.please change the Joeckel pick now

for the first time since 2003 Royals baseball is enjoyable

Thanks for ryknowsd for the awesome sig
Flexx

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:
[/i][/b]He doesn't have to change anything. It's his mock, not yours.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards will not pass Geno in favor of Jarvis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondcutter27 wrote:

I'm going to add a 2nd round and edit the whole thing later when I get off work. Mocks are fun and I am going to make a few changes.
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flexx wrote:
First let me say, I like the Chiefs choice and your opinion they probably will not take a QB w/#1 pick. Second. Right now, Joeckel is best LT in draft. In 2 or 3 months time that could change. Eric Fisher and even Lane Johnson could challenge him. W/that in mind and if willing partner is found, maybe a trade down to take one of those 2(hopefully Fisher)or QB, would be in order.

The Chiefs are hard to mock for at #1 and let me say I'm sorry for you guys cause you kinda got screwed. You need a qb so bad and there just is not 1 available. Can you imagine if it was last yr and u guys had to pick between luck and rg3!?!? I want to give you guys star but can yall really take anotther d-lineman top 10 again? I think It makes the most sense at this point to take star?
Justin Hoover82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Where as Eifert is a possiblity for the Falcons it is for sure a pick i want nothing to do with in the 1st round. TE to me just isn't worth a 1st round pick there as Eifert and Ertz aren't really that much better than guys like Kelce, Reed, Escobar, and Fauria. We can get those guys in the 2nd to 3rd round while still taking a top notch D-lineman in the 1st round or 2 where the position is at it's strongest compared to TE where it's much stronger and better value in the middle of the draft.

Plus i look at it like this Ryan is a creature of habit at QB it seems he will usually go with the guys he is more comfortable with to throw too. To me that means Harry Douglas will become the new #3 target replacing gonzo as that go to guy after roddy and julio. Where as a new rookie TE wouldn't get anywhere near the looks Gonzo did making the pick not worthy of a 1st rounder to me then.

I will take an Alex Okafer at DE there for the falcons with ease though as DE is easily our biggest need right now.

Our offense without a TE to replace gonzo will put up 21+ easily still.

Our defense without a good pass rush will not hold up for our offense just like it didn't this year and in the playoffs.

But it's so easy to mock you guys for Eifert! lol Anyhow, there is a chance Gonzo could come back and I personally hope he does for fantasy football reasons lol. Also there is some good free agent TE'S out there this yr. J.Finley, F.Davis, J.cook etc.. Maybe you guys can afford one of them?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: