Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quarterback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
SOMEONE will be dumb enough to think they need to jump the Jets to draft the #2 QB, so I guess we could maybe bilk a couple picks out of that.

Still think if we don't go Geno we need to go Wilson but, I guess it'd be alright if we traded down to pick someone else.

Really don't like E.J. Manuel though. He needs to sit for a year and learn. But if he comes here, he might be forced into action sooner rather than later.

most likely us Laughing Rolling Eyes
Lets Go Buffalo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why so much love for Manuel?I would rather have Tajh Boyd and for that matter Bray. I can see him doing maybe worse than Dysert.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're starting to come around Laughing

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000144996/article/tyler-bray-could-be-steal-of-2013-nfl-draft-as-bigarmed-qb

I'm calling it now. If Buddy decides that one of these quarterbacks are "the guy." He's going to take him in round 1. Regardless of what other people think.

TommyC376^^^
Lets Go Buffalo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually now I dont care who they take first at QB as long as they take Brad Sorenson from Southern Utah with their 6th. I think this kid is going to be great and a big time steal for somebody.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
They're starting to come around Laughing

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0ap1000000144996/article/tyler-bray-could-be-steal-of-2013-nfl-draft-as-bigarmed-qb

I'm calling it now. If Buddy decides that one of these quarterbacks are "the guy." He's going to take him in round 1. Regardless of what other people think.

If we take Tyler frigging Bray in the first round I'd be hard pressed to not do some very bad things to OBD. Laughing

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Well I'm sorry but no. There IS a clear cut #1 QB. And his name is Eugene Smith. He's smart, athletic, has a good arm and can pick up an offense quickly.

He has his weaknesses, his footwork needs retooling. But he's easily the #1 QB prospect in this class. He's the only one I could say without a shadow of a doubt that would go in the top 15 in any other draft. He's a damn, damn good QB and if we got him I'd be ecstatic.

Why trade back and try to land the project, when we can land the better player? That would just be another "Bills" move. Passing on the franchise caliber guy over the "upside" guy.
http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/matt-barkley-is-still-the-number-one-quarterback-on-several-nfl-teams-draft-boards/

I don't think it if clear cut enough to call Smith the unanimous #1. I doubt EVERY team has him as their top QB, though I would guess most do.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
AnafiWhat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if Geno is available at #8 they take him. If not I think they wait till round 2 and go with Nassib or Manuel. Glennon's stock seems to be falling and Bray has some character issues. If you go into camp with Geno Smith, Jackson and Fitz battling it out, and then Fitz gets cut if they like Smith to start, I'll be very happy. And then rounds 2 and 3 go for LB (Chase Thomas or possibly Teo if he slips) and WR (Swope or Da'Rick Rogers in round 3).
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnafiWhat wrote:
I think if Geno is available at #8 they take him. If not I think they wait till round 2 and go with Nassib or Manuel. Glennon's stock seems to be falling and Bray has some character issues. If you go into camp with Geno Smith, Jackson and Fitz battling it out, and then Fitz gets cut if they like Smith to start, I'll be very happy. And then rounds 2 and 3 go for LB (Chase Thomas or possibly Teo if he slips) and WR (Swope or Da'Rick Rogers in round 3).

If Fitz makes it to camp I promise he'll be on the opening day roster, probably not starting but he'll be there. We aren't going to pay him his bonus for nothing and TJax's contract wouldn't cost us anything.

Geno, Fitz, Corp/Veteran does't sound too bad for me.
don4593

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgive me for being out of the loop this year.

Does it concern anyone that %30 of Geno Smith's targets were on screens? Sure this bodes well for Spiller, but I don't think skill in throwing screens. The average college QB threw screens 24%.

Does this scare anyone?

Thanks to Pick6_Finnegan for the sig
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don4593 wrote:

Does it concern anyone that %30 of Geno Smith's targets were on screens? Sure this bodes well for Spiller, but I don't think skill in throwing screens. The average college QB threw screens 24%.

Does this scare anyone?

In short. No, not at all.

Why? Because he went with the plays that were called, it wasn't like the coaching staff didn't trust his arm to go deep or even intermediate, WV must have felt they could beat teams with the screen game and thats what they went with. I've seen Geno make every throw and do it accurately so I personally have zero problems with this.

Welcome back by the way!
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The high percentage of screen passes weren't indicative of Geno's inability to throw deeper passes accurately. They were actually used so much because of Bailey and Austin being on the team, and those plays were the most effective way of getting their best weapons the ball and space to make plays.

I watched him throw deep many times, always came away impressed. The one that sold me was his second TD in the Pinstripe bowl. Yes, Bailey was wide open, but the wind was whipping at 35+MPH, snow was still falling at that point, and before that Nassib had had pass after pass sail on him of have it taken by the wind. Geno put up a PERFECT pass right into Baileys hands that allowed him to waltz into the endzone, into the wind.

That right there ended all doubts about his ability to succeed, especially in the ralph, in terms of throwing deep.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don4593 wrote:

Does this scare anyone?
No. They ran a modified Jet sweep that technically a screen a lot. Had he handed the ball off, his screen percentage wouldn't have been nearly as high. There is a reason you look at the film, not the box score. If you take a tape of his games and delete everything but the 'traditional NFL throws,' he still looks impressive.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
cdavls17

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure why you are worried about this since thats all buffalo did is throw screens and short passes. Fitz cant throw the ball more then 20 yards. So even if he did that alot he is capable of throwing the ball down field where Fitz cant make those throws.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: