Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quarterback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
I never, ever thought I'd say this.

But we might have a chance at Geno Smith.

Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher
Star Lotuelei
Damontre Moore
Sharrif Floyd
Chance Warmack
Jarvis Jones
Bjoen Werner
Ezekiel Ansah

Those players make it possible, which is just amazing. We may still need to trade to 6.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher
Star Lotuelei
Damontre Moore
Sharrif Floyd
Chance Warmack
Jarvis Jones
Bjoen Werner
Ezekiel Ansah

Those players make it possible, which is just amazing. We may still need to trade to 6.

I don't care what it takes, we need a QB, and for once, for ONCE we actually have a legitimate chance of getting the best one available.

Buddy needs to be on every single phone line to make sure that the Chiefs are going to trade for Smith, and then he needs to find out how much the Browns want for us to jump up and take him. Or find out just how much Bruce Arians loves Mike Glennon and or needs an OT.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

Luke Joeckel
Eric Fisher
Star Lotuelei
Damontre Moore
Sharrif Floyd
Chance Warmack
Jarvis Jones
Bjoen Werner
Ezekiel Ansah

I don't care what it takes, we need a QB, and for once, for ONCE we actually have a legitimate chance of getting the best one available.

Buddy needs to be on every single phone line to make sure that the Chiefs are going to trade for Smith, and then he needs to find out how much the Browns want for us to jump up and take him. Or find out just how much Bruce Arians loves Mike Glennon and or needs an OT.
I don't think its safe to assume Smith is the top QB on our board. He its the consensus #1, but not the unanimous #1. If he is they should do what they can to get him, but I doubt he is at the top of every NFL teams' position board.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what the rumor is going around that Alex Smith has been traded to a team that wont say who and cant say who until its officially March 12. Jags and browns both came out and said it wasnt them which leaves the chiefs. Hopefully it is which means they will probably go Luke at #1. I dont see the browns spending another 1st round on a pick. Bruce Arians might change his mind but his play style is never the read option run type qb like geno is. Things could change since geno is a pocket passer as well but to move up two spots would cost the bills a high draft pick and to me the bills need every pick they have.

Thanks Max
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Arians is said that he is very high on Barkley, which would go well in his system.

Thanks Max
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Also Arians is said that he is very high on Barkley, which would go well in his system.
Where did he say that? I keep hearing speculation that Barkley won't fit the vertical offense Arians wants to run.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
NickChowaniec

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DKTurtle51 wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:
Where did he say that? I keep hearing speculation that Barkley won't fit the vertical offense Arians wants to run.

I think the guys on NFL Network said it yesterday morning during the combine. I could be wrong though.. was half asleep watching it.

FFMD: Bills War Room
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was on Siruis NFL Network on saturday, the question was asked about Barkley, he likes what he offers. Also profootbaltalk and rotoworld have posted info that they have showed alot of interest in him. Anything people say you can only take with a grain of salt. He just sounded more upbeat about him on the radio show then he did about other qbs. We will see everything right now is speculation but I truly think that arizona will go for barkley.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Geno is the consensus number 1 QB on our board, Buddy has talked about how this is the year to get the franchise guy and i truly believe he meant Geno (with Glennon and EJ as consolation). However as of until late it didn't look like we had a chance at him without trading the farm, now it could be swapping 1st this year and say we are picking 15th next year then trade next years 3rd and 5th which would almost be fair in the points Or we could swap 1st and give them next years 2nd.

Option A:

Cleveland Gets:
Buffalo's 8th pick 2013
Buffalo's 3rd round 2014
Buffalo's 5th round 2014

Buffalo Gets:
Clevelands 6th pick - QB Geno Smith

OR

Option B:
Cleveland Gets:
Buffalo's 8th pick 2013
Buffalo's 2nd round 2014

Buffalo gets:
Cleveland 6th pick 2013 -QB Geno Smith
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I think Geno is the consensus number 1 QB on our board, Buddy has talked about how this is the year to get the franchise guy and i truly believe he meant Geno (with Glennon and EJ as consolation). However as of until late it didn't look like we had a chance at him without trading the farm, now it could be swapping 1st this year and say we are picking 15th next year then trade next years 3rd and 5th which would almost be fair in the points Or we could swap 1st and give them next years 2nd.

Option A:

Cleveland Gets:
Buffalo's 8th pick 2013
Buffalo's 3rd round 2014
Buffalo's 5th round 2014

Buffalo Gets:
Clevelands 6th pick - QB Geno Smith

OR

Option B:
Cleveland Gets:
Buffalo's 8th pick 2013
Buffalo's 2nd round 2014

Buffalo gets:
Cleveland 6th pick 2013 -QB Geno Smith

Thing is teams usually don't accept picks for the next year.. I'd say

Buffalo gets pick 6 ( Geno Smith)

Cleveland gets pick 8, 2013 3rd, 2014 3rd

Or something similar.
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason why the bills shouldnt trade up:

In 2012 Cleveland Browns traded their 4th overall pick to Minnesota for their 3rd overall pick. The Browns had to give up their 1st rd, 4th rd, 5th rd and 7th rd to move up.

I dont like the idea of giving up that many picks plus it would involve more earlier picks to move up to 6th spot. I rather have the bills risk by not moving and selecting at 8 then give up 3 to 4 picks or giving up 1 or 2 earlier picks. The bills just have way to many needs and they shouldnt give up anything for him. I rather trade back and pick up more picks and select Ej Manuel in the late 1st rd then move up. The qbs in this draft are just not clear cut #1.

Thanks Max
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm sorry but no. There IS a clear cut #1 QB. And his name is Eugene Smith. He's smart, athletic, has a good arm and can pick up an offense quickly.

He has his weaknesses, his footwork needs retooling. But he's easily the #1 QB prospect in this class. He's the only one I could say without a shadow of a doubt that would go in the top 15 in any other draft. He's a damn, damn good QB and if we got him I'd be ecstatic.

Why trade back and try to land the project, when we can land the better player? That would just be another "Bills" move. Passing on the franchise caliber guy over the "upside" guy.

Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not a fan of trading up either, and like both BillsGuy82 and cdavls17 pointed out it would cost more then I originally thought.

I just think, if the Bills truly believe Geno is the our franchise guy and could lead us to the playoffs for the next 10-12 years or whatever then they have to do what they can to get him. I like Manuel a lot two, he would be my 3rd choice behind Geno and Glennon. My fear now with Manuel is now that he proved himself at the Senior bowl and combine his name will keep rising for no real reason. Wouldn't be surprised if he's picked top 20 now.

I do like the idea (if Geno is gone) to trade back 5-10 spots and take either Dion Jordan or Manuel but i doubt anyone wants to trade to 8.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOMEONE will be dumb enough to think they need to jump the Jets to draft the #2 QB, so I guess we could maybe bilk a couple picks out of that.

Still think if we don't go Geno we need to go Wilson but, I guess it'd be alright if we traded down to pick someone else.

Really don't like E.J. Manuel though. He needs to sit for a year and learn. But if he comes here, he might be forced into action sooner rather than later.

cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have come to realize that this league has changed into what have you done now not later. So any qb the bills draft will start right away no more sitting behind your predecessor and learning.

Geno Smith is the #1 qb but again if this was last years draft he would have been 3rd or 4th qb. He needs work but I see him and Ej being the most ready qbs in this draft. I dont think they have huge seperation between the 2 to say geno is the guy we need to move up. I think the bills should take BPA or trade down and get manuel if geno isnt available.

Moving up is costing to much now that the CBA has changed and the cost of rookie salaries have benefited teams more now then before. Just like everything in life it all comes down to supply and demand. It use to be not enough demand for the top 10 picks before CBA changed and now way to much demand where teams are willing to give up more picks then normal to land a player and the amount of picks is costing teams way to much. Look at the last years trades thats how its going to be. the bills will probably have to give up a 1st and a 3rd rd to land geno if they are lucky. To me that 3rd rd pick is a must keep for them since they have so many holes to fill. I could see a team in the teens wanting to trade up to get a top DE or OLB and the bills can slide back pick up a 2nd and potentially more picks and land a guy like Manuel and come out with other needs to fill the holes the bills have.

Thanks Max

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: