Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quarterback
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tk3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Bray had a GREAT weigh in..

6'6" 232.. Must be hitting the weights hard..

Typically, the successful NFL QBs early are ones who were very successful in college.. But somehow I find myself loving Bray..

I honestly think if he throws well he will shoot up the boards into 1st round (maybe back into top 10)

Tannehill-esque late rise IMO..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tk3 wrote:

Typically, the successful NFL QBs early are ones who were very successful in college.. But somehow I find myself loving Bray..

I honestly think if he throws well he will shoot up the boards into 1st round (maybe back into top 10)

Bray needs not to worry about his weight, or throwing. I don't think anyone questions that, it is his off field issues, maturity and leadership that NFL teams will question. He could very easily fall into the 5-7th round range as well.

Mallett-esque fall IMO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
I can't remember the exact time when I started to fall in love with Mike Glennon, but I know it was last fall. But today February 22nd 2013 2:02pm Eastern Time I am guaranteeing we take QB Mike Glennon in the draft and our opening day depth chart looks like this at QB:

QB: Glennon, TJax, veteran
I would love it if we take him. I have him as the #1 QB prospect in this years draft. Rumor has it OBD likes Geno Smith, Matt Barkley and Mike Glennon (this was before Marrone was hired, don't know who he likes).

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
jsnydes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

Bray needs not to worry about his weight, or throwing. I don't think anyone questions that, it is his off field issues, maturity and leadership that NFL teams will question. He could very easily fall into the 5-7th round range as well.

Mallett-esque fall IMO

His the off the field issues include "hot dogging it on a jet ski without a boaters license"

Hardly a concern in my eyes.

TommyC376^^^
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

Mallett-esque fall IMO

His the off the field issues include "hot dogging it on a jet ski without a boaters license"

You left our the part where he almost ran the people over.

Also the time where he and his roommate were throwing beer bottles from their balcony at a woman's car. Who he paid off outside of court.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

Mallett-esque fall IMO

Also the time where he and his roommate were throwing beer bottles from their balcony at a woman's car. Who he paid off outside of court.
Well to back jsnydes up ... It was just a college kid doing stupid things. Also, you should leave out the "paid off" outside out court part, because people settle things outside of court all the time. You are making it sound like its a bad thing, when in reality its very normal.

Bray has done some dumb things, but he is nowhere near what Ryan Mallett has done. Bray didnt get in trouble with drugs or any of that nonsense.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TommyC376 wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
jsnydes wrote:
Trentwannabe wrote:
Tk3 wrote:

Mallett-esque fall IMO

Well to back jsnydes up ... It was just a college kid doing stupid things. Also, you should leave out the "paid off" outside out court part, because people settle things outside of court all the time. You are making it sound like its a bad thing, when in reality its very normal.

Bray has done some dumb things, but he is nowhere near what Ryan Mallett has done. Bray didnt get in trouble with drugs or any of that nonsense.

To the bolded - worst excuse i the world. I hate when people say that. I'm a college kid, I don't spend my off time getting plastered and being reckless. Everyone is accountable for their actions no matter what age. He basically forced people off their jet skis by playing chicken with them then almost hit them..but I guess it's okay because he's only in college.

Also, there is a difference between settling out of court and paying someone off so that they won't sue you. And Bray payed for her damage (and from what I heard a little extra) so that she wouldn't take it to court.

I wasn't comparing Bray to Mallett from a character stand point but rather how they fell in the draft.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
To the bolded - worst excuse i the world. I hate when people say that. I'm a college kid, I don't spend my off time getting plastered and being reckless. Everyone is accountable for their actions no matter what age. He basically forced people off their jet skis by playing chicken with them then almost hit them..but I guess it's okay because he's only in college.

Also, there is a difference between settling out of court and paying someone off so that they won't sue you. And Bray payed for her damage (and from what I heard a little extra) so that she wouldn't take it to court.

I wasn't comparing Bray to Mallett from a character stand point but rather how they fell in the draft.
Bolded - He is the Big man on campus, he as a immature college kid thought he was invincible.

Italics - what you explained as a "difference" is the exact same thing as settling out of court, its basically like saying "hey I'm sorry and I messed up, let me pay for the damages, oh btw heres a few extra bucks because I'm dumb"

That right there is what happens when people settle out of court, the whole reason they settle out of court is so they dont get sued.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trent..

What you just described is LITERALLY the definition of "settling out of court"

Athletes do it.. Doctors do it.. Teachers do it..

The act itself is foolish, argue that point, not the fact that he settled out of court..

The boat thing is stupid.. It is completely within the realm of reality for a kid with money to be "hot dogging it on a boat".. Not at all a character concern..

People look for excuses..

To me, calling a press conference (Teo) to talk about jack [inappropriate/removed] just for his own media attention is much more of a concern to me than what Bray has done..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bills are said to be highly interested in Geno Smith and Ej Manuel. Info regarded from people at the combine on the players side. If true this makes me wonder if the bills will go geno at 8 if he is still there. Also if they will go for EJ in the 2nd if Geno isn't available.

Thanks Max
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bray lacks top level football IQ, that's why he's going to fall, on top of his maturity issues.

He needs to really impress on the white board in order to raise his stock at this point.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am done arguing Bray with you people. maybe its a Canadian thing, but settling out of court can still deal with lawyers, paying someone off does not. And because he's a "kid" with money makes it okay what he did on jet ski's? I guess if he's a top 10 pick and becomes rich breaking the law is no biggy and not a character concern.

Bray is a below average QB, with DEFINITE character concerns. Don't make excuses for him.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throwing things at cars and driving wave runners out of control. I did worse things growing up. I guess that's why I don't consider it a big issue.

TommyC376^^^
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Throwing things at cars and driving wave runners out of control. I did worse things growing up. I guess that's why I don't consider it a big issue.

Which is fair. But when an organization is contemplating trusting your with the future of their success and giving you millions of dollars, they will look into those situations and go through them with a fine tooth comb.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never, ever thought I'd say this.

But we might have a chance at Geno Smith.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: