Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quarterback
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joutman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Quarterback Reply with quote

I am beginning to think this is the wrong year to try to draft a franchise QB. I am not excited about any of the prospects. I would rather try to sign someone like Alex Smith and use our draft picks in the top 3 rounds on a LB, WR, CB.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

advice noted

Blahman88 wrote:
I control the EBB.......except Ian, no body can control him
Buffalo_Kid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We would have to trade for Smith. He is not a FA.

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes the qb situation for bills is bad. None of the seniors answered the possibility of being a franchise qb. The only one that looked decent was EJ Manuel which I have liked but it still won't fix the issue.. As for Alex smith I don't want him he doesn't fit the scheme the offense is suppose to be using. He will be a FA as niners will cut him after the Super Bowl. I think the bills spouse pick up 2 veterans Matt Moore and chase Daniels. Either draft ej in the 3rd round or don't draft a qb at all this year and focus on the other needs they have to fill such as CB 2 DE OLB ILB WR2 and SS

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdavls17 wrote:
Yes the qb situation for bills is bad. None of the seniors answered the possibility of being a franchise qb. The only one that looked decent was EJ Manuel which I have liked but it still won't fix the issue.. As for Alex smith I don't want him he doesn't fit the scheme the offense is suppose to be using. He will be a FA as niners will cut him after the Super Bowl. I think the bills spouse pick up 2 veterans Matt Moore and chase Daniels. Either draft ej in the 3rd round or don't draft a qb at all this year and focus on the other needs they have to fill such as CB 2 DE OLB ILB WR2 and SS

I agree about Smith, not sure he will fit what Marrone wants, my guess if he goes to Cleveland. Also there is zero chance Manuel last until the 3rd round. With his play at the senior ball, and similar style to Newton,RG3, and Wilson. Somebody will grab him early, and i'm thinking 1st round early.

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
cdavls17 wrote:

I agree about Smith, not sure he will fit what Marrone wants, my guess if he goes to Cleveland. Also there is zero chance Manuel last until the 3rd round. With his play at the senior ball, and similar style to Newton,RG3, and Wilson. Somebody will grab him early, and i'm thinking 1st round early.

2nd round is the spot to go for QB this year.. Perfect world we go defense ( Jones, Milliner, Moore, or Ansah) QB round 2 ( Nassib, Glennon, Manuel etc) than WR 3 ( take your pick).. That where value sits IMO
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what kind of QB is Marrone looking for? Smith the last two years has been a safe QB, one that doesn't take too many risks, isn't turnover prone, and completes a high percentage of passes. With a team that has the primary focus of running the ball, is that not what you'd want?

People remember the Alex Smith before Harbaugh, but is he really the same guy? He posted a 104 QB rating this past year, averaged almost 8 YPA, and completed a high number of passes. I realize he was looked at as a game manager, but a the same time, I saw him tear up some teams. For example, against the Packers week 1, he was flawless, wasnt dumping it off, and was just burning is for first down after first down. He didn't look like a game manager against one of the top teams in the NFL this past year. He tore up the saints in the playoffs last year by making great throws all game.

Sure, you taking a risk that Harbaugh made it safe for him. But that's the risk with a FA QB. But really, how often are QBs as efficient as Alex Smith was this past year? It's hard to find a regular QB that can do that let alone one that's hitting the market.
PacAttack04

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to look at. What physically separates a QB like Alex Smth from Matt Ryan? The thing with Matt Ryan is that he has always had a group of elite weapons. Remember, Matt Ryan was always looked at as a game manager when they had Micheal Turner. The reason Ryan took a step forward as a downfield passer? Two good outside recievers. Sign Alex smith and draft another good outside reciever with your good running game, you could have a great offense
cdavls17

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Smith isnt the guy for the bills even if he fits the scheme he is just not what the bills need. He will want atleast 6-7 million and cutting fitz plus adding him is like paying 17 million for that one spot plus getting a backup qb. All alex smith would be is a bridge to a future qb and that is an expensive bridge to have. I rather go with matt moore he has shown he can play and for what he is asking for it would only be 2-3 million plus get another veteran for him to compete nothing amazing but worth while like TJax or Chase Daniels. These guys will be cheap and at worst be a backup. Either they draft a qb or not they should have a couple of experiences vets on the team.

Me personally, I wouldnt draft a qb in the 1st 2 rounds since none of the qbs are worth taking and forcing a qb would hurt this organization for example Fitzpatrick. Draft other needs and if a guy like Nassib or Ej manuel falls to the 3rd round take him but please do not take a guy in the 1st 2 rounds.

Thanks Max
jsnydes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyler Bray put on 24 lbs since the end of the season. That mans working and makes me want him even more.

TommyC376^^^
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be open to Alex Smith.. He wlis a upgrade over Fitz and TJax
DKTurtle51

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't think this QB class is nearly as bad as people seem to think. If there were an elite prospect or two it would be viewed as a very deep class IMO. The thing is, we pick at #8. If there were an elite prospect or two, they would be long gone by the time we were on the clock.

If you look at the top guys in this year's class, are they any worse of prospects than 1st rounders in previous years? I don't think so. Would guys like Tannehill, Gabbert, Locker, Ponder or Tebow have been the top QB if they were a prospect entering the draft this year? I don't think so.

I know that there isn't a consensus #1 QB, or even a consensus list of 1st round prospects. I do feel Glennon, Smith and Barkley are legit 1st rounders.

^^^NickChowaniec^^^
cdavls17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading for Alex Smith isnt the answer. Bills will have to much cap money locked up in one position and all they are is mediocre qbs not future franchise qbs.

Here is a great article to read about fitzpatrick that people should check out.

http://overthecap.com/cap-management-should-the-bills-release-ryan-fitzpatrick/

Quote:
If you let Fitzpatrick play out 2013 because you fear the dead money associated with him how does that improve your team in the future? What happens to your team in 2014? You take an unnecessary $7 million dollar dead money charge for Fitzpatrick. So its not just the cost this year of keeping Fitzpatrick that we have to look at when managing the teams salary cap. If you decide that this cap charge is too high to release him you are essentially stating that you are willing to use $17.45 million in cap space on Ryan Fitzpatrick over the next two years. That is insane given his level of performance over his career. Release him now and it only costs the Bills $10.4 million, thatís a big cap savings for the team. Now it might be a different story if the Bills were in a bad cap position, but being between $19-20 million in cap room they have enough space to sign their rookie class, key free agents, and maybe more. On top of that his release gives the team $10 million in real cash to spend by dumping him now. It is a no-brainer to strongly consider this option.

Thanks Max
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the exact time when I started to fall in love with Mike Glennon, but I know it was last fall. But today February 22nd 2013 2:02pm Eastern Time I am guaranteeing we take QB Mike Glennon in the draft and our opening day depth chart looks like this at QB:

QB: Glennon, TJax, veteran

I'm all about my BILLS, I'm on my Stevie Johnson .... I mean Sammy Watkins.
Lets Go Buffalo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you Trentwannabe but if Al Davis was still alive it would never happen.If its Manuel or Bray I will be so pissed. Manuel has no arm at all. Bray is only a d away from spelling Brady if he plays like him great but he seems like 10xs the girl Brady is can you live with that? Watch him throw when someones within 6-7 yards away from touching him.If they turn it into two hand touch he might excel.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: