Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Senior Bowl Mock Offseason 1/27
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Post Senior Bowl Mock Offseason 1/27 Reply with quote

Trying to make this mock just a little different draft wise. Let me know what you think, thanks!

OUR FA's
Phillip Adams, resigned
Khalif Barnes, walk
Desmond Bryant, resigned
Kaelin Burnett, resigned

Cooper Carlisle, retire
Andre Carter, resign
Jamie Cumbie, walk
Omar Gaither, walk
Matt Giordano, walk
Mike Goodson, resigned
Derek Hagan, resigned
Joselio Hanson, resigned

Rashawn Jackson, walk
Shane Lechler, walk
Matt Leinart, run
Mike Mitchell, walk
Brandon Myers, resigned
Brandian Ross, resigned

Matt Shaughnessy, starter money somewhere else
Jeremy Stewart, resigned
Philip Wheeler, resigned

CUT/LET GO, notable:
Tommy Kelly, his attitude and dumb penalties are not worth his production. Tired of his personal foul penalties, cya later TK93

Darius Heyward Bey, he's been supposedly "improving" for what seems like forever now. The drops are just too much and I dont think he takes a big enough pay cut to stay with us. If we could trade him for a 5th or 6th then that'd be great, but with his contract I doubt it.

Richard Seymour, he may be a leader but hes ditto with Kelly, not worth the money. Hes on the wrong side of 30 as well.

Mike Briesel, with the ZBS system, we just cut our losses and get rid of him now.

McClain, just no.

FREE AGENT SIGNINGS

Terrance Knighton, come cheap on a one or two year deal and can hopefully play big and get himself a nice contract while helping our run defense.

Drew Stanton, insurance behing Palmer and Pryor, cheap.

Larry Grant, comes in from across the bay and we give him his chance to be the guy at MLB. Hes been over shadowed behind Willis and Bowman. I think he can make it as a 4-3 MLB as well as a 3-4 MLB.

Leodis McKelvin, can come in and be our Kick off and Punt returner. I dont want Ford and Moore back there alot, we need them on offense. He can also be a good nickel corner for us.

Glenn Dorsey, this one might be a stretch because some team will over pay for the name, but I think he can a really good DT in our 4-3 instead of a DE in the 3-4.

King Dunlap, need a RT with Barnes leaving and he can hold it down until a more permanent option becomes available.

DRAFT:
I have a picking up two 6ths and a 7th from comp picks. Giving us, 1,3,4,5,6,6,6,7.

ROUND 1

**TRADE** We trade pick #3 to the Cardinals for pick #7,#38, and round 4 pick.
Dee Milliner, we select the best CB available and in my mind its a steal here at 7. I just didnt see anyone worth taking at #3, whether it was Star, Moore, or Jones. The trade up might be unrealistic but I think its pretty fair, the Cardinals gets the LT of the future with Joeckel.

ROUND 2

Barret Jones, comes in and starts from day one at G for us with Wiz staying at Center. High character guy with good leadership skills, can play multiple positions along the OL. Great value pick.

ROUND 3

Kevin Riddick, hope hes still here at the top of the 3rd. Very active LB and good be great depth in his first year. Always seems to be around the ball.

ROUND 4

Bennie Logan, I really like Logan and feel like he was overshadowed by Mingo and Montgomery. He is very stout and great value in the 4th.

ROUND 4 (via ari)

DJ Swearinger, lets hope hes here at the beginning of the 4th, love his toughness and hes can bring the wood. ST ace for now but future starter.

ROUND 5

Theo Riddick, good 3rd down back and a playmaker. I like Kenjon Barner more but I think he goes a round earlier and like the value I get in Riddick here. Now we have to keep Reddick and Riddick straight.

ROUND 6

Jasper Collins, Love the kids attitude and he plays with a chip on his shoulder, hoping for Streeter type production might be pushing it, but with DHB out we can use another body at WR.

ROUND 6 (comp)

Terrance Brown, like the value here, hes got good length at 6'1. Good depth and ST if nothing else.

ROUND 6 (comp)

Joe Kruger, good bloodines and hopefully we can get some good depth and develop him into something more. plays hard and is very active.

Round 7

Quanterus Smith, I think his injury will drop him, ideally to us at the top of the 7th. This is such a deep DL class people will shy away. good length at DE and gets to the QB.

ROUND 7 (comp)

Braden Brown, big project here at OT, hes a natural athlete and needs alot of work footwork and pad level.

So there you have it, rip it apart.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no way Joe Kruger falls all the way to the sixth round.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Don't know about a corner so high, but I wouldn't complain if it went down like that

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

La_Vader wrote:
I like it. Don't know about a corner so high, but I wouldn't complain if it went down like that

yup.
but
would rather have the og from ken over barrett

swearinger =beast

riddick isnt fast enough imo

anybody from stanford is always good with me Cool

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
101Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that I don't think Kruger would fall. Also I feel like we could net alot more out of a trade with Az but that's just nitpicking Wink

I actually like the draft and wouldn't complain if it went down that. I think some on the forum will give you a hard time about drafting a CB that early. But I like Milliner and am REALLY concerned about our CB play last year.
G

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Milliner will go 5 or 6 but the trade down has value. I can't see Swearinger falling that far as his stock is rising while other's has fallen at his position. I'd jump on him at 68 if he was there. Or a CB with value
I'd rather have Jones at C and Wisnewski next to JV again...Aslo a CB at 38 would be possible if Jones is not there. I'd like another trade down in the 15-17 range to get Warmack before Dallas. If we had Warmack and Jones with Wiz next to JV. They would probably gel quickly and if JV signs long-term then think of the years of chemistry and dominance!!!
I also doubt Smith falls that far too...Overall I'd be happy with your Draft...
I really like the depth at O/D-Line and DB's...
I'd trade down out of the first round if it got us 6-8 picks in the top 100. We've got 3 now (3/68/99) so it's possible.
Joeckel, Star, Jones, Moore, Smith all will have suitors and picks 1&2 will cost too much for trades. 3-5 are good positions for a trade down and I'd even be happy with Arizona's #7 & 2nd or #1 in 2014 instead of #38 (no 4th needed)
If Star was there at #7 I think I'd make the pick unless offered really good value.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Reddick pick, I'm going to have him in my next mock

CrapTakula wrote:
Cleveland steamer?

make sure you wash well.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't agree w/ drafting a CB at 7th w/ all the other needs we have on defense. No way....

PM sig requests.
Raiiiiidersssss

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the best one I have seen all year. Excellent job, I pretty much agree with anything. The only thing I'm not 100% on is taking Millner at 7 (he might not be there, and I don't even know if I'd want him over guys like Warmack or Fisher).
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew I'd catch flak for taking Milliner but I justified it by trading down and getting Barrett. I like Warford more top but I think he goes end of round 1.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaliforniaKid7 wrote:
I knew I'd catch flak for taking Milliner but I justified it by trading down and getting Barrett. I like Warford more top but I think he goes end of round 1.

I don't feel it is justified though. There will be plenty of other prospects that should be taken before Milner available at that point in time. Milner, if I was a conventional thinker, is a mid first round prospect (if it was me, I wouldn't touch him til the 2nd round at least). W/ Ansah having a tremendous Sr Bowl as well as the kid from Central Michigan, they would be far better choices IMO and both should be available at that pick and we NEED a pass rush more than anything IMO. We can live w/ our CBs but we cannot go another season w/o a pass rush.

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I like the Reddick pick, I'm going to have him in my next mock

ditto, at least I will try.
daineraider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Switch Milliner for Warmack and I'm on board

Sigged by Jamison
jimkelly02

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it, great job! I do have a few minor issues though.

I think your free agent list is a little out of date. Rashawn Jackson and Cumbie were already released.

Grant, McKelvin, and Dorsey are all great signings but I'm not high on Dunlap.

I'm not a fan of Reddick but I understand the pick. Might I suggest AJ Klein as an alternative and lower draft choice?

About Swearinger and Kruger. I always see people objecting in these mocks and saying ohhhh thats way to low for player x he'll never be there. clearly you did your research and that's where both players are expected to go by the majority of the "experts". There 45 1st round prospects at this time of year.

I think we can do better in a trade, but I understand you were being safe with the estimates, so as to avoid people saying its unrealistic.

I love Swearinger btw and Smith in round 7 is what I have too.
CaliforniaKid7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daineraider wrote:
Switch Milliner for Warmack and I'm on board

I was contemplating taking Warmack and then the best CB at the top of the second.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: