Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 Washington Redskins WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
MKnight...
1. I agree with Tanard, but not with Brandon. I say bring Meriweather back for cheap. He played well in 3 quarters last year. False hope? Perhaps, but I'd rather have him than nobody.
2. Did we really trade Cousins? Confused Why? Ugh. I guess we need to draft another QB regardless if Grossman comes back. Oh, and Tim Tebow got cut. Laughing
3. I agree. I'm fine with Robinson, Riley, Zo, and possibly Kehl and Goff.
4. We don't need a WR, in my opinion. Moss, Garçon, Morgan, Hankerson, and Robinson do the job.
5. Unless we trade Helu or Royster, I see no need for a RB.
6. I've been looking to trade Hall for a while. There really hasn't been a whole lot of interest.
7. Polumbus is not the worst option in the world and I'm fine with Compton and Hurt backing him up. I don't see much of a need at RT.
The only reason I brought up getting rid of Merriweather is because I believe he has a rather high cap expense this season, around 3.5 million, which we don't really have the money to gamble on. I could be wrong on that figure though.

Could we get some kind of clarification on Cousins? Have we traded him? Have any moves at all been made yet?
yes. Mike23 traded Cousins to the chiefs for their 1st pick of the 4th round. I believe that's #127 or 128.

As for Meriweather 3 million for a starting SS with his playmaking abilities around the line of scrimmage, covering tight ends and delivering big hits across the middle is worth it. He's a bargain if he is healthy for what he can give us as a SS.

I'd keep him for one more year, keep Doughty as his back up and draft a SS prospect late like Ray Ray Armstrong (Formerly of Miami), Kenny Tate (MD) or Cooper Taykor from Richmond.

Last edited by turtle28 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turtle, I'm not stating we must take a WR in round 2, I just think we should keep our options open. Forcing ourselves to choose a secondary player in the 2nd is handicapping ourselves. Not only could we pass over some superior talent for a need but we would be telegraphing our pick to the rest of the league. IMO, we should select the most talented player in the 2nd from the following positions (in no particular order): WR, OT, OG, DE, OLB, FS.

Looking at those positions, for our blocking scheme I think offensive lineman can be found in later rounds. That doesn't mean I'm against drafting a stud that drops to us though. I don't think corner is a big enough need for us to draft in the 2nd round. I think our two starting corners are adequate and would look even better with an improved pass rush. This draft appears to be deep in safeties leaving me to believe we can probably land one in the 3rd round. Although again, if the perfect safety drops to us I wouldn't be mad at drafting one, I just think we can get better value here.

That leaves me with WR, DE, and OLB who, IMO, we should target in the 2nd round. Our offense lacks playmakers. A dynamic WR could really stretch the field and help RG3's progression. On defense, anyone who can pressure the QB is key. We don't get enough pressure so if there's a stud 3-4 end there in the 2nd with some pass rushing moves I'd be all for that. Also, after Orakpo went down it really showed how weak our reserve OLBs are at rushing the passer. The Texans have continued to draft athletic OLBs in high rounds of the past few drafts and their pass rush is excellent.

Don't think of where we need a new starter on the team and immediately pencil that position in for our 2nd round pick. Remember the team has 53 players on the roster and the reserves (especially in some positions like Dline) can make a real impact on the game as well.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike, I say try to resign Sleepy Fred. Letting him go would be a mistake. I'm no capologist, but I'd hope for something like a 2 year deal worth approximately 7 Million. Just a guess. And if you don't like Hank, Mike, look to trade him. Why keep him if you don't like him? He doesn't drop THAT many passes.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
MKnight...
1. I agree with Tanard, but not with Brandon. I say bring Meriweather back for cheap. He played well in 3 quarters last year. False hope? Perhaps, but I'd rather have him than nobody.
2. Did we really trade Cousins? Confused Why? Ugh. I guess we need to draft another QB regardless if Grossman comes back. Oh, and Tim Tebow got cut. Laughing
3. I agree. I'm fine with Robinson, Riley, Zo, and possibly Kehl and Goff.
4. We don't need a WR, in my opinion. Moss, Garçon, Morgan, Hankerson, and Robinson do the job.
5. Unless we trade Helu or Royster, I see no need for a RB.
6. I've been looking to trade Hall for a while. There really hasn't been a whole lot of interest.
7. Polumbus is not the worst option in the world and I'm fine with Compton and Hurt backing him up. I don't see much of a need at RT.
The only reason I brought up getting rid of Merriweather is because I believe he has a rather high cap expense this season, around 3.5 million, which we don't really have the money to gamble on. I could be wrong on that figure though.

Could we get some kind of clarification on Cousins? Have we traded him? Have any moves at all been made yet?
yes. Mike23 traded Cousins to the chiefs for their 1st pick of the 4th round. I believe that's #127 or 128.

As for Meriweather 3 million for a starting SS with his playmaking abilities around the line of scrimmage, covering tight ends and delivering big hits across the middle is worth it. He's a bargain if he is healthy for what he can give us as a SS.

I'd keep him for one more year, keep Doughty as his back up and draft a SS prospect late like Ray Ray Armstrong (Formerly of Miami), Kenny Tate (MD) or Cooper Taykor from Richmond.
Hmmm, well I don't really think we got appropriate compensation for Cousins but this is just a game I suppose. I guess Grossman is going nowhere now.

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Mike, I say try to resign Sleepy Fred. Letting him go would be a mistake. I'm no capologist, but I'd hope for something like a 2 year deal worth approximately 7 Million. Just a guess. And if you don't like Hank, Mike, look to trade him. Why keep him if you don't like him? He doesn't drop THAT many passes.
He doesn't catch that many passes either.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Turtle, I'm not stating we must take a WR in round 2, I just think we should keep our options open. Forcing ourselves to choose a secondary player in the 2nd is handicapping ourselves. Not only could we pass over some superior talent for a need but we would be telegraphing our pick to the rest of the league. IMO, we should select the most talented player in the 2nd from the following positions (in no particular order): WR, OT, OG, DE, OLB, FS.

Looking at those positions, for our blocking scheme I think offensive lineman can be found in later rounds. That doesn't mean I'm against drafting a stud that drops to us though. I don't think corner is a big enough need for us to draft in the 2nd round. I think our two starting corners are adequate and would look even better with an improved pass rush. This draft appears to be deep in safeties leaving me to believe we can probably land one in the 3rd round. Although again, if the perfect safety drops to us I wouldn't be mad at drafting one, I just think we can get better value here.

That leaves me with WR, DE, NT, and OLB who, IMO, we should target in the 2nd round. Our offense lacks playmakers. A dynamic WR could really stretch the field and help RG3's progression. On defense, anyone who can pressure the QB is key. We don't get enough pressure so if there's a stud 3-4 end there in the 2nd with some pass rushing moves I'd be all for that. Also, after Orakpo went down it really showed how weak our reserve OLBs are at rushing the passer. The Texans have continued to draft athletic OLBs in high rounds of the past few drafts and their pass rush is excellent.

Don't think of where we need a new starter on the team and immediately pencil that position in for our 2nd round pick. Remember the team has 53 players on the roster and the reserves (especially in some positions like Dline) can make a real impact on the game as well.
i understand what you are saying but at the same time if you don't need an upgrade at a position you don't.

Any wr we take will likey be #4 or 5 on the depth chart, even if they are our 2nd round pick.

I'm not of the opinion that a 2nd round wr will come in and be better than the talented ones we already have that have proven they can succeed in this offense.

There will be a DB, ilb, or OT worth taking in round 2 and their talent level will be on the same as any wr that is there also.

Yeah we have 53 players have plenty of wrs who can contribute and contributed last year. It's time to make our depth stronger at other positions, Especially offensive tackle and defensive back.

To me Wr is a luxury pick this year. Now next years draft of Hank, Robinson and Briscoe don't improve in the 2013 NFL season, then I'd focus on wr.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

That leaves me with WR, DE, NT, and OLB who, IMO, we should target in the 2nd round. Our offense lacks playmakers. A dynamic WR could really stretch the field and help RG3's progression. On defense, anyone who can pressure the QB is key. We don't get enough pressure so if there's a stud 3-4 end there in the 2nd with some pass rushing moves I'd be all for that. Also, after Orakpo went down it really showed how weak our reserve OLBs are at rushing the passer. The Texans have continued to draft athletic OLBs in high rounds of the past few drafts and their pass rush is excellent.

i understand what you are saying but at the same time if you don't need an upgrade at a position you don't.

Any wr we take will likey be #4 or 5 on the depth chart, even if they are our 2nd round pick.

I'm not of the opinion that a 2nd round wr will come in and be better than the talented ones we already have that have proven they can succeed in this offense.

There will be a DB, ilb, or OT worth taking in round 2 and their talent level will be on the same as any wr that is there also.

Yeah we have 53 players have plenty of wrs who can contribute and contributed last year. It's time to make our depth stronger at other positions, Especially offensive tackle and defensive back.

To me Wr is a luxury pick this year. Now next years draft of Hank, Robinson and Briscoe don't improve in the 2013 NFL season, then I'd focus on wr.
If not a WR then take a pass rusher. They impact the game a lot more than a DB, ILB or OT.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cousins was traded for pick 98 in the 4th round, not 127 or 128.

I would have not done that trade as that might as well be a 5th rounder.

2014 FFMD Redskins Assistant to the General Manager
2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should we be talking about which of our RFAs to tender?
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have 4 RFA's.

Darrel Young 4th round tender
Logan Paulsen 5th round tender
Rob Jackson 3rd round tender
Doug Worthington 7th round tender

These are my thoughts, let me know if ya'll agree.

2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Should we be talking about which of our RFAs to tender?

Quote:
FB Darrel Young RFA
WR Brandon Banks RFA
OL Nick Sundberg RFA
DL Chris Baker RFA

These are our RFAs. I think we should give the minimum tender to all 4. Right of First Refusal, it's called.

Last edited by Redskins24-7 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
We have 4 RFA's.

Pretty sure Rob Jackson is an UFA.

I agree with 24-7 we should give min tender to all four RFAs.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
We have 4 RFA's.

Where are you receiving this info that those 4 guys are RFAs? Look at your opening post in the thread. It's Young, Banks, Sundberg, and Baker on there.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
We have 4 RFA's.

Logan Paulsen 7th round tender
Chris Bakter 7th round tender
Nick Sundberg 7th round tender

added the ones that I forgot.

Where are you receiving this info that those 4 guys are RFAs? Look at your opening post in the thread. It's Young, Banks, Sundberg, and Baker on there.

I had to read about him as I saw this earlier. Rob Jackson's first season here was spent on the practice squad, therefore he is on his 4th season and is as RFA. Paulsen is a RFA as is Worthington. They have less than 4 seasons on an active roster in the league.

Brandon Banks is going to be cut. There is no point in tendering him.

EDIT:

About Rob Jackson, I forgot they cut down the time frame of 4 years to 3 in the last CBA. So Rob Jackson is an UDFA.

2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM

Last edited by mike23md on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
We have 4 RFA's.

I had to read about him as I saw this earlier. Rob Jackson's first season here was spent on the practice squad, therefore he is on his 4th season and is as RFA. Paulsen is a RFA as is Worthington. They have less than 4 seasons on an active roster in the league.

If Rob Jackson really is a RFA that's huge for us IMO.
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
We have 4 RFA's.

If Rob Jackson really is a RFA that's huge for us IMO.

Read my edit above. It was my mistake on the CBA.

2014 NFL Mock Draft
REDSKINS WAR ROOM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 7 of 83

Jump to: