Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 Washington Redskins WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Not a Winner?

1. 3rd in productivity among all FBS quarterbacks in
2. 3,989 yards, 29 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions
3. Competed 65.5 % of his passes
4. 146.5 passer rating

Better than Baylor's Nick Florence, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, Georgia's Aaron Murray and Florida State's E.J. Manuel.

2009: 8-5 as a true freshman after Sam was hurt
2010: 12-2
2011: 10-3
2012: 10-3

- won 39 games in his career
- passed for 500-plus yards in back-to-back games

Quote:
Jones has shattered virtually every passing school record, led the Sooners to more wins than any other quarterback and has a chance to join West Virginia's Pat White as the only quarterbacks in FBS history to win four bowl starts.

And let's talk about those passing records. Jones leads all Sooner quarterbacks—including Heisman winner Sam Bradford—in passing yards, passing completions, passing touchdowns, 300-yard games, 400-yard games,and wins. Jones hasn't just broken school records, he also set a Big 12 conference record by passing for 16,368 yards in his career.
Jones has talent, has been a Winner and leader throught his career.

Remember he lost to RG3 on the last play of the game because the OU secondary sucked and couldn't stop Rg3.
I'm not going to argue stats with you. Jason Campbell had fantastic stats but he wasn't a winner. Have you watched Landry Jones play? I have. He isnt' very impressive. He has a tough time making reads and makes poor decisions throwing the ball. He's also a statue in the pocket. In 2011 there was a huge movement to bench him because he sucked that bad.
We're not drafting him to be a starter. It's a late round pick and he'll be a reserve. We also have great offensive coaches, certainly better qb coaches than we had last decade.

He's coming from a passing offense. JC came from a rushing offense at Auburn
I'll ask again though. Did you actually watch this guy play? If you did you'd see he isn't a very good QB. He simply isn't.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Not a Winner?

1. 3rd in productivity among all FBS quarterbacks in
2. 3,989 yards, 29 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions
3. Competed 65.5 % of his passes
4. 146.5 passer rating

Better than Baylor's Nick Florence, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, Georgia's Aaron Murray and Florida State's E.J. Manuel.

2009: 8-5 as a true freshman after Sam was hurt
2010: 12-2
2011: 10-3
2012: 10-3

- won 39 games in his career
- passed for 500-plus yards in back-to-back games

Quote:
Jones has shattered virtually every passing school record, led the Sooners to more wins than any other quarterback and has a chance to join West Virginia's Pat White as the only quarterbacks in FBS history to win four bowl starts.

And let's talk about those passing records. Jones leads all Sooner quarterbacks—including Heisman winner Sam Bradford—in passing yards, passing completions, passing touchdowns, 300-yard games, 400-yard games,and wins. Jones hasn't just broken school records, he also set a Big 12 conference record by passing for 16,368 yards in his career.
Jones has talent, has been a Winner and leader throught his career.

Remember he lost to RG3 on the last play of the game because the OU secondary sucked and couldn't stop Rg3.
I'm not going to argue stats with you. Jason Campbell had fantastic stats but he wasn't a winner. Have you watched Landry Jones play? I have. He isnt' very impressive. He has a tough time making reads and makes poor decisions throwing the ball. He's also a statue in the pocket. In 2011 there was a huge movement to bench him because he sucked that bad.
We're not drafting him to be a starter. It's a late round pick and he'll be a reserve. We also have great offensive coaches, certainly better qb coaches than we had last decade.

He's coming from a passing offense. JC came from a rushing offense at Auburn
I'll ask again though. Did you actually watch this guy play? If you did you'd see he isn't a very good QB. He simply isn't.

I have watched this guy over the past few years and I have seen his stock go up and go down. He was once a 1st round prospect and we have seen his stock drop this season.

THe point is, find me one QB out there, that is a winning QB at a big time school available in the 7th round. He is not going to be a starter and he might not beat out Grossman his first year.

Like you have said, he might not make the team, which a lot of 7th round picks do not and get shoved to the practice squad. So why so much pressure on what QB is chosen? He can develop into something better like any 7th round QB.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep watched him play since he was a freshman. He's good not great. Certainly a steal in the 7th round
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call a player who won't make the roster a steal.

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
I wouldn't call a player who won't make the roster a steal.
well to be fair, we have no clue if he will make an NFL roster
http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/2/20/4009738/nfl-draft-2013-landry-jones-no-consistency-mayock

Quote:
NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock said Jones, like many quarterbacks in the 2013 NFL Draft, lacks consistency. Mayock said there are certain games where Jones looks like a first round pick and others where he plays like a fifth round pick. The talent is obvious, but as Mayock said, Jones fails to play at a high level on a week-to-week basis.

"I'm struggling with him," Mayock said, according to BuffaloBills.com. "I think ‑‑ I know he can make all the throws. I've seen him make all the throws, but like a lot of this year's quarterbacks, there is no consistency with this kid."
if he's got first round talent, someone will take a chance on him in the mid rounds and patiently work on his development. Like i said before, we have 3 coaches who are good at developing qbs. They'll be able to develop Jones as well as anyone else could. You'd be hard pressed to find an expert say he won't be drafted or won't make an NFL roster.

Who we gonna keep over him? Jordan Bernstein? Eben Britton?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely Bernstine will be cut.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB – Robert Griffin III, Rex Grossman (2)
HB – Alfred Morris, Evan Royster, Chris Rainey (3)
FB – Darrel Young (1)
TE – Fred Davis, Niles Paul, Logan Paulsen (3)
WR – Pierre Garcon, Terrance Williams, Leonard Hankerson, Austin Collie, Aldrick Robinson (5)
LT – Trent Williams, Tom Compton (2)
LG – Josh Leribeus, Maurice Hurt (2)
C – Will Montgomery, Antoine Caldwell (2)
RG – Chris Chester, Adam Gettis (2)
RT – Zac Strief, Xaiver Nixon (2)
LE – Adam Carriker, Jarvis Jenkins (2)
DT – Barry Cofield, Akeem Spence, Chris Neild (3)
RE – Stephen Bowen, Doug Worthington (2)
LOLB – Ryan Kerrigan, Calvin Pace (2)
MLB – London Fletcher, Perry Riley, Gary Guyton, Keenan Robinson (4)
ROLB – Brian Orakpo, Brandon Jenkins, Lorenzo Alexander (3)
CB – Deangelo Hall, Josh Wilson, Kyle Arrington, Richard Crawford, B.W. Webb (5)
FS – Corey Lynch, Jordan Bernstine (2)
SS –Brandon Meriweather, Shamarko Thomas, Dejon Gomes (3)
K – Kai Forbath (1)
P – Donnie Jones (1)
LS – Nick Sundberg (1)

I would cut Roy Helu, Dezmon Briscoe, Eben Britton, Phillip Merling, Vic So'oto, Roddrick Muckelroy, Chase Minnifield, Reed Doughty. We don't need Landry Jones.

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well then don't even drsft someone then. If you think it's a wasted pick.

Also, cutting Helu in favor of Chris Rainey is a huge, huge mistake.

I watched a lot of Steelers games last year and Rainey did nothing. He can't be an every down back like Helu and their speed is similar. Also Rainey was kicked off the steelers for off the field problems like beating his gf. Helu is a model citizen. I still don't understand why we signed Rainey. I would have possibly drafted a Rb to replace Royster but Rainey isn't the answer and he isn't as complete a back as Royster is either.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

I watched a lot of Steelers games last year and Rainey did nothing. He can't be an every down back like Helu and their speed is similar. Also Rainey was kicked off the steelers for off the field problems like beating his gf. Helu is a model citizen. I still don't understand why we signed Rainey. I would have possibly drafted a Rb to replace Royster but Rainey isn't the answer and he isn't as complete a back as Royster is either.
We signed Rainey because at $480,000 due to the rule of 51 he didn't even count against the cap. He's also very physically talented. Helu can't stay on the field we should replace him.

We should of drafted a FS who could replace Bernstine instead of a terrible QB.

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

We signed Rainey because at $480,000 due to the rule of 51 he didn't even count against the cap. He's also very physically talented. Helu can't stay on the field we should replace him.

he's not as talented as Helu. Not all around. And it's a new year, Helu will be healthy for the season.

Cutting Helu would be dumber than trading Cousins

I said another option would be to put in a bid for Josh Evans from Florida but no one seemed to want to do that. Or at least we didn't really discuss it
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Evans was off the board before I even got a chance to put in a bid.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Josh Evans was off the board before I even got a chance to put in a bid.
oh ok. Well I really don't care much who we drsft at this point, but Landry seems like a steal to me.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How bout Josh boyett, FS from Oregon. Did he get drafted or bid on?
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

he's not as talented as Helu. Not all around. And it's a new year, Helu will be healthy for the season.

I said another option would be to put in a bid for Josh Evans from Florida but no one seemed to want to do that. Or at least we didn't really discuss it
No it wouldn't. Helu never gets on the field (injuries). Rainey can also play some reciever.

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

No it wouldn't. Helu never gets on the field (injuries). Rainey can also play some reciever.
Helu played in 15 games as a rookie. Running away and hurdling Seattle defenders and was our leading rusher and had 49 receptions. Vs the saints we lined him up as a Receiver in the slot before he hurt his Achillies.

Rainey, well he ran from the cops. http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000124526/

Quote:
"Witnesses told officers that Rainey and the victim got into an argument over Rainey's cellphone," the police statement read. "The female victim entered the vehicle of Rainey's roommate, and Rainey confronted her on the passenger side of the vehicle, and began pulling her out of the vehicle. Witnesses then observed Rainey slap the victim across the face with an open hand.

"Both Rainey and the female victim then fell to the ground. The victim was able to run away, but Rainey chased after her because his cellphone was in a bag the victim was carrying. This is not the first arrest for Rainey, who pleaded guilty to misdemeanor stalking while attending the University of Florida..."

Rainey gave the steelers a whopping 102 yds rushing and 14 receptions for 60 yds.

Rainey also fumbled the ball 4 times, eventhough he only touched it 40 times Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 82 of 83

Jump to: