Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2013 Washington Redskins WAR ROOM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we need a QB. Are there any FAs we can go after? I don't believe we need to get down to 53 players, so I'm not sure. And I guess I wouldn't mind Simon. We already drafted 2 guys to play in the defensive backfield.
Roy Helu, Jr: 16 GP, 62 rushes, 274 yards, 4 TDs; 31 catches, 251 yards
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
I still think we need a QB. Are there any FAs we can go after? I don't believe we need to get down to 53 players, so I'm not sure. And I guess I wouldn't mind Simon. We already drafted 2 guys to play in the defensive backfield.
how bout Landry Jones?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
how bout Landry Jones?

He's still available? Shocked Remember only 2 years ago or so, he was considered a first round prospect. Low risk, high reward. Go for it, I say!
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
how bout Landry Jones?

He's still available? Shocked Remember only 2 years ago or so, he was considered a first round prospect. Low risk, high reward. Go for it, I say!
i looked over the draft several times and I didn't see him drafted
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
how bout Landry Jones?

I am rather fickle, but this is a former potentially top 5 prospect. Taking him in the 7th is obviously a steal.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
how bout Landry Jones?

I am rather fickle, but this is a former potentially top 5 prospect. Taking him in the 7th is obviously a steal.
yeah. I think so also. Hopefully mike and mknight agree and they can send in he pick
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
how bout Landry Jones?

yeah. I think so also. Hopefully mike and mknight agree and they can send in he pick

I have been checking this stuff often and this just opened up...lol. Anyway, pick is in.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
how bout Landry Jones?

I have been checking this stuff often and this just opened up...lol. Anyway, pick is in.
Meh, don't think he'd even make the roster.

Redskins FFMD War Room
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=541707
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
how bout Landry Jones?

he can go on the practice squad then. We need another young qb to develop and he'd be a good one to develop. I don't see too much difference between where people thought Cousins was this time last year (other than the Shanahans) and where Landry is projected to go.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
how bout Landry Jones?

he can go on the practice squad then. We need another young qb to develop and he'd be a good one to develop. I don't see too much difference between where people thought Cousins was this time last year (other than the Shanahans) and where Landry is projected to go.
Cousins was a leader and a winner. Landry had been a career disappointment.

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
how bout Landry Jones?

I wouldn't say all that. He didnt live up to being the next Sam Bradford, but that was one lofty expectation put on him by OU fans.

Everything Ive ever heard is that he's a good leader but the team just isn't as dominant as they used to be. No demarco Murray's in the backfield, not Adrian Petersons. They just aren't quite what they were.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
how bout Landry Jones?

I wouldn't say all that. He didnt live up to being the next Sam Bradford, but that was one lofty expectation put on him by OU fans.

Everything Ive ever heard is that he's a good leader but the team just isn't as dominant as they used to be. No demarco Murray's in the backfield, not Adrian Petersons. They just aren't quite what they were.
Anyone we drafted here probably wouldn't have made the roster. But Landry Jones is a waste of a pick. He's a statue in the pocket, he doesn't fit our system at all. He's just not a very good football player.

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a Winner?

1. 3rd in productivity among all FBS quarterbacks in
2. 3,989 yards, 29 touchdowns and only 10 interceptions
3. Competed 65.5 % of his passes
4. 146.5 passer rating

Better than Baylor's Nick Florence, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, Georgia's Aaron Murray and Florida State's E.J. Manuel.

2009: 8-5 as a true freshman after Sam was hurt
2010: 12-2
2011: 10-3
2012: 10-3

- won 39 games in his career
- passed for 500-plus yards in back-to-back games

Quote:
Jones has shattered virtually every passing school record, led the Sooners to more wins than any other quarterback and has a chance to join West Virginia's Pat White as the only quarterbacks in FBS history to win four bowl starts.

And let's talk about those passing records. Jones leads all Sooner quarterbacks—including Heisman winner Sam Bradford—in passing yards, passing completions, passing touchdowns, 300-yard games, 400-yard games,and wins. Jones hasn't just broken school records, he also set a Big 12 conference record by passing for 16,368 yards in his career.
Jones has talent, has been a Winner and leader throught his career.

Remember he lost to RG3 on the last play of the game because the OU secondary sucked and couldn't stop Rg3.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Not a Winner?

4. 146.5 passer rating

Better than Baylor's Nick Florence, Louisville's Teddy Bridgewater, Georgia's Aaron Murray and Florida State's E.J. Manuel.

Quote:
Jones has shattered virtually every passing school record, led the Sooners to more wins than any other quarterback and has a chance to join West Virginia's Pat White as the only quarterbacks in FBS history to win four bowl starts.

And let's talk about those passing records. Jones leads all Sooner quarterbacks—including Heisman winner Sam Bradford—in passing yards, passing completions, passing touchdowns, 300-yard games, 400-yard games,and wins. Jones hasn't just broken school records, he also set a Big 12 conference record by passing for 16,368 yards in his career.

Remember he lost to RG3 on the last play of the game because the OU secondary sucked and couldn't stop Rg3.
I'm not going to argue stats with you. Jason Campbell had fantastic stats but he wasn't a winner. Have you watched Landry Jones play? I have. He isnt' very impressive. He has a tough time making reads and makes poor decisions throwing the ball. He's also a statue in the pocket. In 2011 there was a huge movement to bench him because he sucked that bad.

Redskins FFMD War Room
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Not a Winner?

4. 146.5 passer rating

Quote:

I'm not going to argue stats with you. Jason Campbell had fantastic stats but he wasn't a winner. Have you watched Landry Jones play? I have. He isnt' very impressive. He has a tough time making reads and makes poor decisions throwing the ball. He's also a statue in the pocket. In 2011 there was a huge movement to bench him because he sucked that bad.
We're not drafting him to be a starter. It's a late round pick and he'll be a reserve. We also have great offensive coaches, certainly better qb coaches than we had last decade.

He's coming from a passing offense. JC came from a rushing offense at Auburn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 81 of 83

Jump to: