Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD Position sign ups
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravens5520

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: FFMD Position sign ups Reply with quote

Staff Positions and Appointments

All members of a forum can be a part of the team's decision making process. No one who is a fan of a team should be prevented from participating. The following are considered “official” positions in for the FFMD teams.

General Manager- The primary decision maker and point of contact for the team
Assistant General Manager- The second to the General Manager who will make decisions when the GM is unavailable.
Capologist- This position will be responsible for the tracking, updating and review of the team's running cap space.

Other, Unofficial positions include: Head Coach, Assistant Head Coach, Offensive/Defensive Coordinator, Head Scout, Positional Coaches (QB, RB, DB, etc.) or any other title or job you wish to create.

Fans interested in a position as a General Manager will need to post in the GM Sign up thread. Once all 32 teams have had proposed GM's, the Moderating team will decide (based upon reputation, post frequency and familiarity) who is appointed General Manager for which team. If you feel you have pertinent information for the General Manager selection, please PM me and it will be taken into consideration.

The General Manager will then appoint an AGM and other positions as necessary. Only the GM and AGM can make trades, sign Free Agents or make draft picks. Unless otherwise appointed and approved by the moderating staff, no other staff member may make official decisions.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for a head coaching spot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for head scout.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to be this man...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets get some more sign ups!

So far:

Assistant GM(aka Eric Decostra):diamondbull424
Head Coach: GaTechRavens
Head Scout: alfalcone

Still to be filled...
Capologist-- would love to get someone who is pretty active and has good knowledge about our cap room and player salaries.

Assistant Head Coach
Offensive Coordinator(Jim Caldwell
Defensive Coordinator (Dan Peas)
Positional Coaches (QB, RB, DB, etc.)

****everyone will have a position and be included, so please join and have some fun with our other Ravens forum posters***
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to help any way I can. I don't have a ton of time to commit so don't give me a really important spot, but I'm open for really anything. I don't really study the Salary Cap stuff very much so capologist may be tough, but it could be fun to learn all of this stuff if someone wanted to help me out with it too.

GO RAVENS!!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
I'd love to help any way I can. I don't have a ton of time to commit so don't give me a really important spot, but I'm open for really anything. I don't really study the Salary Cap stuff very much so capologist may be tough, but it could be fun to learn all of this stuff if someone wanted to help me out with it too.

Just spit balling here. But how about Assistant Capologist and Negotiations Coordinator.

Made up title. Your responsibilities could be to assist the Capologist (whoever that is) in determining the cap, while determining player value estimates for guys we may want to target in free agency/retain.

And I know drd23 is helping on the back end of this, coordinator0 I know you're big on determining the cap via Russell St (or whatever 24/7 changed its name to), you have any interest?

Also I remember a few new members were interested in this last year. If you guys are lurking, get in her and take a position... This will be a lot of fun. It's really less serious than the position descriptions make it out to be. And with our limited cap and how we like to be pretty realistic usually, being on the staff is just a way to sort of get more familiar with everyone in the forum. Join up, don't make me have to send out those PMs again about joining the staff. I'm warning you all... I will do it!! Razz Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In FFMDs past I have just offered my opinion with who we should resign, FAs to target and players to draft. I have never had an official position and would be happy to continue to offer my opinions as we progress.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
In FFMDs past I have just offered my opinion with who we should resign, FAs to target and players to draft. I have never had an official position and would be happy to continue to offer my opinions as we progress.

And that's definitely okay, but that being said, it's all just make believe. We could easily make you the run game coordinator... or some other pseudo position... no wait, that's actually a real position now... thanks John Harbaugh for coming up with weird positions so I couldn't do it first. Mad

How about this, you want to participate anyway, why not just come up with some position name that you think sounds cool that you're going to be doing anyway. Something like...

Personnel Evaluation Consultant- Evaluates roster talent and counsels the GM/AGM on the strengths and weaknesses of those areas.

Some random fan comes in and asks a question, you say, "Yeah we usually don't do things this way, but let's see what Raven5520 decides." Guy asks, well who are you... You now reply by saying, I'm the 'personnel evaluation consultant'... sounds pretty sweet. Much cooler than saying, "just a dude". Laughing Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty good with numbers so I could do the capologist. I found this as a great start to work from: http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/

And then I could do some scouting on the side.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:
I'm pretty good with numbers so I could do the capologist. I found this as a great start to work from: http://russellstreetreport.com/salary-cap/

The guys running FFMD will have already created a list very similar to that for each team - you'd basically just need to keep it updated as the staff tender RFAs, sign FAs, re-sign our guys etc and make sure that whatever is done doesn't go over the allotted cap.

If you are the capologist, make sure you don't forget to allocate a portion of the cap to draft picks before you start.

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
ravens5520

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcdni wrote:

Perfect. We found a Capoligist.. Just as mentioned above, please just keep your document updated.

Anyone interested in creating some nice ffmd Sigs for our staff members?
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:

Just spit balling here. But how about Assistant Capologist and Negotiations Coordinator.

Made up title. Your responsibilities could be to assist the Capologist (whoever that is) in determining the cap, while determining player value estimates for guys we may want to target in free agency/retain.

And I know drd23 is helping on the back end of this, coordinator0 I know you're big on determining the cap via Russell St (or whatever 24/7 changed its name to), you have any interest?

Also I remember a few new members were interested in this last year. If you guys are lurking, get in her and take a position... This will be a lot of fun. It's really less serious than the position descriptions make it out to be. And with our limited cap and how we like to be pretty realistic usually, being on the staff is just a way to sort of get more familiar with everyone in the forum. Join up, don't make me have to send out those PMs again about joining the staff. I'm warning you all... I will do it!! Razz Wink

Sounds like a great plan to me! Very Happy Count me in coach (or whatever your position is)

GO RAVENS!!
ravens5520

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE

Assistant GM(aka Eric Decostra) :diamondbull424
Head Coach: GaTechRavens
Head Scout: alfalcone
Capologist: mcdni
Assistant Capologist & Negotiations Cord. : Go_Ravens2

Still to be filled...
Assistant Head Coach
Offensive Coordinator(Jim Caldwell
Defensive Coordinator (Dan Peas)
Positional Coaches (QB, RB, DB, etc.)

Arrow did I miss anyone??
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im in. I'll be strength & conditioning coach.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: