Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD13: Ravens War Room (Draft done, depth chart posted!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to throw something out there. While I personally would like to see Reed be franchised in this situation, I know our forum tries to keep FFMD as realistic as possible. During the team press conferences today, Ozzie said Joe is the only guy we would franchise. We signed Joe in FFMD, so if we want to keep it realistic, then we shouldn't franchise Reed. That being said, I think a good decision would be to franchise him so we don't have a gaping hole at FS (in addition to LT and ILB).

I guess my vote would be No, just because I like to keep things real. I want to see what I can realistically expect our team to look like come training camp next season. However, I'm very on the fence so I can be persuaded pretty easily.

GO RAVENS!!
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Just want to throw something out there. While I personally would like to see Reed be franchised in this situation, I know our forum tries to keep FFMD as realistic as possible. During the team press conferences today, Ozzie said Joe is the only guy we would franchise. We signed Joe in FFMD, so if we want to keep it realistic, then we shouldn't franchise Reed. That being said, I think a good decision would be to franchise him so we don't have a gaping hole at FS (in addition to LT and ILB).

I guess my vote would be No, just because I like to keep things real. I want to see what I can realistically expect our team to look like come training camp next season. However, I'm very on the fence so I can be persuaded pretty easily.

The only thing is that while we want to keep it realisitic, it's pretty realisitc that we will be able to resign Ed, but in FFMD it's probably less likely than in real life that we will resign him if we just let him go to free agency. Also there are no rules in real life that say we can only resign one player before they all go to free agency. As much as I'd want to keep things as realistic as possible, we'd just be screwing ourselves because this isn't real life.

I think franchising Ed Reed would just make our lives easier for this mock. Not franchising him is a huge risk to take. If we let him go to free agency, we could possibly be looking at replacing a HOF ILB and HOF FS in one offseason.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAVINGMADD wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:

The only thing is that while we want to keep it realisitic, it's pretty realisitc that we will be able to resign Ed, but in FFMD it's probably less likely than in real life that we will resign him if we just let him go to free agency. Also there are no rules in real life that say we can only resign one player before they all go to free agency. As much as I'd want to keep things as realistic as possible, we'd just be screwing ourselves because this isn't real life.

I think franchising Ed Reed would just make our lives easier for this mock. Not franchising him is a huge risk to take. If we let him go to free agency, we could possibly be looking at replacing a HOF ILB and HOF FS in one offseason.

Yea I didn't even consider this part. Like I said I can be easily convinced and I am.

I change my vote to YES and I won't change anymore.

GO RAVENS!!
ravens5520

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand we don't want to lose two key players in just one season. But ask yourself is Ed Reed worth 6.7 million for just one year of service? Just so we can have it easier on us when we go to free agency??

If Ed Reed opts to sign with another team in free agency in this mock. Is there no other free-agent replacements available right now? I have to look because I didn't think we would need too.. but if we lose Ed, are there any available options remaining?

Because that 6.7 million could be used on a replacement for Reed and re-sign McKinney or/and Ellerbe
ravens5520

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seriously think we can offer Ed a contract during free agency.. with a lot of guaranteed money for two - three years and I bet he returns. I bet we can get the first-year the contract for less than $3.5 million as well

Edit: Resigning Reed via free agency=brings back McKinnie and Ellerbe..

Franchise tagging Reed= most likely it will be a tall uphill battle to resign either guy. (McKinnie shouldn't be too expensive and only probably asking 1-2 years if that)
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens5520 wrote:
I seriously think we can offer Ed a contract during free agency.. with a lot of guaranteed money for two - three years and I bet he returns. I bet we can get the first-year the contract for less than $3.5 million as well

Franchise tagging Reed= most likely it will be a tall uphill battle to resign either guy. (McKinnie shouldn't be too expensive and only probably asking 1-2 years if that)

In real life this is more likely, but people will overpay in FFMD to get the sexy name of Ed Reed. Unless his "agent" acknowledges Reed's recent comments which seems to indicate he wants to be in baltimore and may take a hometown discount. It would just hurt to not have him back because then we have a gaping hole in the secondary.

GO RAVENS!!
STrid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens5520 wrote:
I understand we don't want to lose two key players in just one season. But ask yourself is Ed Reed worth 6.7 million for just one year of service? Just so we can have it easier on us when we go to free agency??

If Ed Reed opts to sign with another team in free agency in this mock. Is there no other free-agent replacements available right now? I have to look because I didn't think we would need too.. but if we lose Ed, are there any available options remaining?

Because that 6.7 million could be used on a replacement for Reed and re-sign McKinney or/and Ellerbe

This is absolutely what I'm thinking. I vote NO to the tagging Reed.

I think we have a really good shot of getting Reed back in FA due to the pitch we'll be able to write for him. He has so many reasons for wanting to come back to B-more that if we manage to hit around what he wants we should easily be the top choice.

^Et billede siger mere end tusind ord!
STrid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
ravens5520 wrote:

In real life this is more likely, but people will overpay in FFMD to get the sexy name of Ed Reed. Unless his "agent" acknowledges Reed's recent comments which seems to indicate he wants to be in baltimore and may take a hometown discount. It would just hurt to not have him back because then we have a gaping hole in the secondary.

Doesn't work like that anymore. The agent now sets a secret amount that his client would seek in FA and the teams that bids closest to that number gets to offer the FA a pitch. It's no longer about just offering a massive amount of money. With that said there is the chance that the agent wants some ridicules amount, but I don't think they would.

^Et billede siger mere end tusind ord!
drd23

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franchise Ed Reed? Vote Count

Yes (5) - db, c0, NJ Raven, RAVINGMADD, Go_Ravens2

No (3) - alfacone, ravens5520, STrid,

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Franchise Ed Reed? Vote Count

Yes (5) - db, c0, NJ Raven, RAVINGMADD, Go_Ravens2

No (3) - alfacone, ravens5520, STrid,

Thanks. The ball has rung. I didn't lift the tag.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im fine with keeping Reed. Wish we re-signed him cheaper during free agency, but I'm sure we can pitch McKinnie and Ellerbe to something Raven like of a fair contract.

Where does our cap stand now?

Since I missed a little time yesterday, did we make any official cuts in Bobbie Williams or Matt Birk ?
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens5520 wrote:
Im fine with keeping Reed. Wish we re-signed him cheaper during free agency, but I'm sure we can pitch McKinnie and Ellerbe to something Raven like of a fair contract.

Where does our cap stand now?

Since I missed a little time yesterday, did we make any official cuts in Bobbie Williams or Matt Birk ?

We haven't made any cuts. Williams seems to be a consensus cut. Birk seems to be 50/50. We'd likely need to vote. I think there's a dialogue about Birk a couple pages back.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated Cap Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AifIG4zYDHpHdDdkbnlZaG55NlU4UmY4eS1DY0x2YUE#gid=0

Updated Rule of 51 Cap Space (we now have 53 players under contract): $5,788,642

As we now have over 51 players, each move we make actually gets cheaper by $400k-$500k because 1 of the cheaper guys moves out of the top 51 cap hits.

So if we resign our LS and Harewood for vet minimum they would actually only cost around $200-$250k against extra against our cap. (We drop a $400k salary due to rule of 51 and add a $630k salary)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what does everyone think are fair values for McKinnie and Ellerbe.

Bidding on players can get kind of competitive/hectic. So if we determine a value for a player we can keep from going overboard before hand.

Personally, I'd list it as:
Ellerbe- $4.5m bid cap
McKinnie- $1.5m bid cap

I still don't trust McKinnie and think we should draft a LT, so that's one of the reasons why I wouldn't be willing to break the bank to keep him around.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping Ellerbe gets a representative...that's only way we probably keep him.

McKinnies value of 1.5 is about right. I'd rather draft a rookie than go higher than that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 52, 53, 54  Next
Page 21 of 54

Jump to: